Author Topic: Phatty's Custom Figures-Fan Fic Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight  (Read 45796 times)

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
Re: Phatty's Custom Figures-Massive Update!
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2010, 09:37:21 AM »
I dont mean to threadjack...
I tried multiple basecoats... and am using acrylics. But they glop upafter the first few strokes if you even attempt to overlap your strokes.
I have taken hours... up to days between attempts to continuue painting.
I havent tried thinning the paint too much... guess thats my next step... multiple thinned down coats, with lots of time between them to ensure they are sufficiently dried.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2010, 11:50:37 AM »
I dont mean to threadjack...
I tried multiple basecoats... and am using acrylics. But they glop upafter the first few strokes if you even attempt to overlap your strokes.
I have taken hours... up to days between attempts to continuue painting.
I havent tried thinning the paint too much... guess thats my next step... multiple thinned down coats, with lots of time between them to ensure they are sufficiently dried.
Yep, sounds like you need to thin your paint, a bit. I don't usually need to wait very long for my acrylic paint to dry. If I am painting and my paint starts to glop like you described, I find that I can thin whats on the brush and work the thinner paint into the glop and smooth it out right there, on the spot. Just be careful about how much thinned paint you have on your brush when working on little areas, like on a head.

Sorry for the thread jack, Pat.

Offline EliteVideoCore

• The customizer from the north!
  • Lieutenant
  • I am EliteVideoCore in the chatroom
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2010, 05:31:44 PM »
Zap is my favourite!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Phatty's Custom Figures-Bardan and Kal Skirata
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2010, 06:58:55 PM »
I have acquired the Jangos and Bobas needed to start my Post-Clone Wars Mandos.  Up first is Bardan Skirata, in his Green and Black armor.  I still have to touch him up in places, such as his pouches and waistcoat.  The head fits well, so I also have to get his helmet done too.  Then I can do up my Evolution of Bardan Jusik!

Next is Kal Skirata.  I need to put a few minor touch ups, such as his red sigils and a bit of weathering, but most importantly, I need to find him a HEAD!  He was modeled after Ed Harris, so I need to find a head similar to that one.  I'm also torn on his gauntlets.  I've left them silver for now, but am wondering if I should paint them the same color as his armor.  AND I need to drill a hole in the left one and make his 3-sided knife to slide out of there.

I have 3 more Mandos left to customize, and I'm trying to debate which 3 to do.  I need to do Fi, Ordo, Mereel, Vau, and Kad/Venku.  I already have an awesome idea for Venku, so maybe that'll be one of them.  Also, I don't know some of the others' armor colors, such as Jaing, K'omrk, Prudii, or A'den.  I AM going to make an ARC Trooper Sergeant of A'den, though, since he's the only ARC who is ranked as Sergeant.  I already have the ARC to do it, too.  I'm going to run down the list of Mandos and armor colors, let me know if you know the ones I'm missing...

Vau: Black on Black
Ordo: Red on Red
Mereel: Blue on Blue
Kad: A piece of all of his relatives.
Fi: Red on Grey
Jaing: Grey on Grey with Grey gloves made of Kaminoan!
Prudii: ???
Kom'rk: ???
A'den: ???

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2010, 07:44:14 PM »
Nice work, Pat. I do like me some custom mandos. Where did your head for Bardan Skirata come from?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2010, 07:48:25 PM »
That's the same head I'm using for my Jedi Knight Bardan Jusik and Clone Wars General Bardan Jusik.  It came from one of those Target Geonosian Conflict 2-packs.  I do need to do a shortened hair version as well to fit inside of the helmet, and give him a beard.  Still, in my mind's eye, Bard'ika will always look like a fresh faced boy!

Offline customclone

• 3rd scrap burners
  • Commander
Re: Phatty's Custom Figures-Bardan and Kal Skirata
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2010, 08:17:31 PM »
I have acquired the Jangos and Bobas needed to start my Post-Clone Wars Mandos.  Up first is Bardan Skirata, in his Green and Black armor.  I still have to touch him up in places, such as his pouches and waistcoat.  The head fits well, so I also have to get his helmet done too.  Then I can do up my Evolution of Bardan Jusik!

Next is Kal Skirata.  I need to put a few minor touch ups, such as his red sigils and a bit of weathering, but most importantly, I need to find him a HEAD!  He was modeled after Ed Harris, so I need to find a head similar to that one.  I'm also torn on his gauntlets.  I've left them silver for now, but am wondering if I should paint them the same color as his armor.  AND I need to drill a hole in the left one and make his 3-sided knife to slide out of there.

I have 3 more Mandos left to customize, and I'm trying to debate which 3 to do.  I need to do Fi, Ordo, Mereel, Vau, and Kad/Venku.  I already have an awesome idea for Venku, so maybe that'll be one of them.  Also, I don't know some of the others' armor colors, such as Jaing, K'omrk, Prudii, or A'den.  I AM going to make an ARC Trooper Sergeant of A'den, though, since he's the only ARC who is ranked as Sergeant.  I already have the ARC to do it, too.  I'm going to run down the list of Mandos and armor colors, let me know if you know the ones I'm missing...

Vau: Black on Black
Ordo: Red on Red
Mereel: Blue on Blue
Kad: A piece of all of his relatives.
Fi: Red on Grey
Jaing: Grey on Grey with Grey gloves made of Kaminoan!
Prudii: ???
Kom'rk: ???
A'den: ???
sweet mandos dude got to do some of them

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2010, 08:18:34 PM »
cool mandos cant wait til they're finished

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2010, 06:45:34 AM »
I really like how Kal is shaping up.

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2010, 01:11:27 PM »
awesome phatty, i love mando's, if i could find more of them i'd have a whole army!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2010, 12:26:45 AM »
The next great Kal Skirata custom figure. Very very cool Phatty, can't wait to see the finished figure

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2010, 02:51:26 AM »
Those mando's are looking great. Great paint apps. Look really crisp and clean!!

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2010, 06:49:01 AM »
Bardan is looking sweet! Can't wait to see these two finished up.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2010, 08:50:19 PM »
Here is Bardan Skirata, all finished up, complete with Verpine Shatter Pistol, Lightsaber, and Helmet!

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2010, 10:11:01 PM »
Real nice!! Loving the shine coming off his armour, looks heaps cool!!

Gun, Trigger, Pull