Author Topic: Germany  (Read 92857 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Germany
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2021, 03:41:38 AM »
I am hoping with Hasbor Pulse opening in the UK it will only be a matter of time till it hits Germany and other European Countries.

There's so much potential with HasbroPulse. The community of collectors came up with so many great ideas like subscriptions, exclusive waves, figure sets as HasLab, return of Comic Packs as Hasbro Pulse exclusive and so many more - heck, they could even provide .STL files of accessories like Cantina inventory on there to download and print@home...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 03:44:37 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2021, 03:43:48 AM »
SmythToys secured a new exclusive item for Jurassic World. It's no minor than the Legacy Collection Apatosaurus!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2021, 01:48:26 AM »
So I wanted to go to a couple stores today, but one is closed and SmythsToys demand a negative Covid-antigene-test that was taken today. And I thought it was valid for 48 hours. I was tested negative yesterday when I visited a friend and fellow Vintage Star Wars Collector who works in the Dairy Industry in the Netherlands. So I was on the save side making the test.
So I wish I could share my next store report with you guys, but I'm going to wait 'til the end of the month. The rate of current infections is still too high around my area (105 per 100.000 within 7 days). So I hope the rate will further decrease to hopefully go back to normal. I'm going to receive my second vaccine in June and then I won't need a negative test to go to stores anymore.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #198 on: May 12, 2021, 02:38:34 AM »
I have been living through your store reports. Maybe I can make a few myself here in a month or so.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #199 on: May 27, 2021, 02:09:30 AM »
Thank you Tamer, it's nice to know I could make this crazy period of time a little more bearable for you.
I'm going to visit at least one SmythsToys store next week also because these new Jurassic World vehicles are supposed to hit shelves here at the end of the month:

Still cannot believe they got the Apatosaurus and the T-Rex set WITH the legendary Ford from Jurassic Park for just 40 Euros feels unreal...take this Hasbro!
I'm super excited for these new products!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #200 on: May 27, 2021, 02:20:00 AM »
Good luck on your searches.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2021, 04:53:13 AM »
So SmythsToys kept their word and the latest JW sets are in stock now for amazing prices. I wonder how much they'd cost if Hasbro made them...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2021, 05:29:15 AM »
If anyone was gonna get a hold of the SW license I would want it to Boss Fight Studios. Those folks are putting out some fantastic figures.

It would be interesting to see the price point if they made em and see how much those license fees really are.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #203 on: June 02, 2021, 12:54:57 PM »
Tamer: By now I'd rather see another company hold the license for Star Wars 3.75" figures. For 18.99€ or $13.99 we could also get a Boss Fight Studios figure with many more accessories.
I'm personally not happy with the results of the current brand team. Who know which reasons are behind that. Nothing personal, just regarding how the brand is handled since 2015...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #204 on: June 02, 2021, 12:57:37 PM »
SmythsToys adjusted the price for the T-Rex Escape Pack and added 10€ to their initial price. Too bad I couldn't order it right away...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2021, 05:28:49 AM »
Store report: Smyths Toys Super Stores

Düsseldorf, Germany

Fri, June 11, 2021

Today, I felt like a 6-year-old again. Usually, I feel like an 8-year-old, but apparently today was something special!

Jurassic World

I finally made it to a store, again and close to the entrance, right behind the cash desk area, there they were:

We only had to wait almost 3 decades for this set to come back and MATTEL did a great job on the T-Rex Escape Pack!

Almost pulled the trigger on the Jeep Set with Dennis Nedry and his colorful buddy! But I'm also waiting on the Apatosaurus. 39.99€ for T-Rex escape was an insane price last week. Too bad it's 10 bucks more now, BUT still an unbelievable price. They got 6 Packs on shelves, even though only 4 were shown "in stock" online. Next to the Camp Cretacous T-Rex you can see that the one included with the brand new T-Rex Escape Set is somewhat smaller. I'd say it's 1/24 scale OR just a younger T-Rex in 1/18. The Camp Cretacous one is a solid 1/18 scale considering to Wikipedia and fossils that have been found so far. It's a blessing that MATTEL sticks to common scales and don't mess with so man different ones like Lucasfilm does with model kits of their licensees.

TRANSFORMERS & FUNKO's POP!s

I'll never like these...good for me.

World Peacekeepers, WWE & other ACTION TOYS

Big vehicles for rather small prices, these sets always amaze me! And this incredible Multipack is still around: 10 figures, tons of accessories and a Quad for 24.99€. Imagine these were all Clone Troopers or Stormtroopers with blasters and a rig!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 01:17:04 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2021, 05:55:56 AM »

STAR WARS Action Toys

I think The Vintage Collection is back in full force! These pegs were PACKED to the edge with VC cards! If the Boba Fett would be the corrected version I'd bought one asap. For now, the one from tunghori is enough for me, for which I even paid more than 18.99€ MRSP - duh!

FORTNITE & Pokémon

This Mewtwo is 1/10 scale and the display diorama includes lights! I was tempted to buy such a statue on AliExpress recently, but I cannot collect everything. My focus stays STAR WARS. Still, if you're a fan of Pokémon you can find some neat & premium stuff out there!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 10:29:56 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2021, 06:19:01 AM »
HOT WHEELS & MICRO MACHINES

I never saw take a take 3 pay 2 promotion here in Germany before - only in the U.S.

These Fast & Furious cost 9.99€ here each. But they also feel heavy and come with rubber tires for that money.

And I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw these MICRO MACHINES on the pegs! They haven't changed in 20 years and I did feel like a 6 yo again, today! Holy smokes!

Carrera Slot Racing

Whenever I see these starter packs, I think of Clonehead's awesome racing track...

This song is as old as this millenium and probably the best advertisement for slot car racing from 21 years ago...slot car racing is such a fun hobby!

ATC - Around The World

« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 08:26:49 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2021, 06:27:27 AM »
I was surprised to find the Sylvanian Family on top of the girls' toys aisle in the back of the store. I had only seen them on Gran Canaria, Spain so far...
But the reason I took this picture is because these candy cans reminded me of the ones JDeck found a while ago and shared on our diorama resource thread. There you'll find these in 1/18 scale to be used as barrels etc.

LEGO

This was just the beginning of a 50 feet long aisle full of LEGO! And on the other side were another 50 feet of playmobil! Couldn't take a picture down the corridor because there was a customer. I'll add one next time I'm there. SmythsToys' selection is incredible.

Standing between these aisles made me feel like being between these ships...LEGO vs. playmobil:

Love these catalogues! Wish Hasbro would still make them. Instead they keep everything secret 'til you can pre-order their new toys. At least we got the pipeline reveals for STAR WARS now, right?

On my way out I saw Mr Potato Head sitting on the bottom of the clearance aisle. I was so tempted to take him with me for 5 bucks, but left him there to make another child happy. I left the store with some pictures for you guys and a ton of good memories today...

Have a great weekend everyone!

- Philipp

« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 10:28:05 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2021, 06:54:31 AM »
Your Star Wars Pegs are so much better than anything near me.