Author Topic: Germany  (Read 92856 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Germany
« Reply #240 on: October 29, 2021, 05:45:01 AM »
Looks like your stores know how to not damage vintage cardbacks.

I haven't been in any stores in the past few months and found undamaged vintage stuff. I mean not one figure!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2021, 01:37:15 AM »
That's true, the cards are in rather good shape! If you're willing to pay retail price, SmythsToys can be a great source for TVC and TBS collectors.

I'm waiting for a slight price drop on Boba Fett to get the corrected version. There are enough of them in the stores in my areas.
But I have not seen the orange bubble/name pill version anywhere on the internet. I think it never got produced...

« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 10:28:14 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2021, 01:45:21 AM »
Store report: Müller

Dresden, Germany

Fri, Oct 29, 2021

It was the Halloween sale and toy hunt...

This skeleton had a MRSP of 30€, which is quite fair here in Germany. I could see this in U.S. stores for $29.99 as well and for $15 after Halloween.
This was in a Dollar Store by the way and the pose reminded me of this artwork here:

Drawbar - Linkin Park Ft. Lizzi Cloverman

Adam Driver is a good actor for sure, but not my hero in the Star Wars Universe.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2021, 03:42:15 AM »
Man that is one evil looking pumpkin. Great report, man they had a ton of lines all in there together. Good stuff.

I keep seeing all these cool mission fleet things and keep wondering why at least the 3.75" line can't get stuff like that. Oh well, no use complaining.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #244 on: November 25, 2021, 04:31:51 AM »
Store report: Smyths Toys Super Stores

Dresden, Germany

Sat, Oct 30, 2021

Update:

Some heavy rollbacks on STAR WARS toys @SmythsToys!
The Mission Fleet Asst. seems to be cleareanced out here completely.
Looks like kids haven't accepted this line, Hasbro, even though you say they're your MAIN AUDIENCE.

More than I can share here, take a look at all markdowns here.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 10:28:54 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #245 on: November 26, 2021, 12:07:06 PM »
Yeah, there is always one extra Star Wars experimental line out there that always seems to be an even further disconnect.

Mission Fleet is it for me. Doesn't surprise me they are clearancing them out.

Wish they would have experimented with a 3.75 inch vehicle or three.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2021, 08:28:39 PM »
You name it! The lack of new vehicles for the 3.75" line is astonishing! We already talked about possible repacks! Heck, our standards have been reduced so drastically that we even hope for vehicles to be repacked!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #247 on: December 07, 2021, 05:17:07 AM »

Neuss, Germany

Tue, Dec 7, 2021

Nintendo: Pokémon & Super Mario

Star Wars

The Bounty Collection? Antoher strange line that doesn't even sell for 50% off?

Other Action Toys

« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 05:36:42 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #248 on: December 07, 2021, 05:59:31 AM »

Neuss Rheinparkcenter, Germany

Tue, Dec 7, 2021

SALE

LEGO

Jurassic World
RC Raptor & Jeep Wrangler

STAR WARS

« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 06:01:06 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #249 on: December 08, 2021, 03:55:59 AM »
Meanwhile me pegs look like a hurricane ripped through. Literally for the vintage cards. I can't even get good ones from Pulse.

So awesome. I am very envious.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #250 on: December 12, 2021, 06:48:33 AM »
wow
That is a comprehensive assortment. It has been a while since I was in my local Smyths but I guess it looks empty compared to yours.
Thanks for the very detailed store report.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #251 on: December 12, 2021, 12:47:45 PM »
Tamer: Sad to hear that. Still cannot believe how the United States of America have transformed and are now more divided than ever before it feels...let's hope for better times with less inflation in 2030.

FialaFernbrugg: It is, yesterday I was back in Dresden. And I really liked what I saw there. They moved the STAR WARS section to the front aisle of the store. To me that's a good sign in the strongest sales time of the year. Thanks for taking the time to look at my pics. Hope you'll like the next ones as well:

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #252 on: December 12, 2021, 01:18:04 PM »

Dresden, Germany

Sat, Dec 11, 2021

I had about 5 minutes to spend in this store. But that was because of my family's and my own schedule. The mall was very crowded - of course it was, 2 weeks before Christmas. And they decided to move the Star Wars section to the front aisle, which is a good sign for the brand in my book. However being puzzled and having to look for the new place cost me precious time. So I couldn't take too many pictures this time. Also didn't take one of the front of the store because there were too many people. Businesses have to close down in parts of Saxony today. So I was really lucky that I could go there two days before. You were only allowed to enter stores if you're either cured from COVID or vaccinated three times. A negative test is not enough anymore.

So when I eventually found the newly arranged Star Wars section I was happily surprised by the amount & variety of figures on the pegs. Still don't get over the lack of vehicles and creatures for The Vintage Collection though.

It was also a nice surprise to see Boba Fett reduced to 11.90€. Felt like 2006 again. They got 2 corrected versions and one without the detail on the chest armor left there. Also interesting t note is the difference of color on the green armor.
So I picked up a corrected one because I only got the first version from tunghori. Might be a good one to customize. What do you think?
Last time I was there they had about 15 Boba Fett figures. He seems to sell well, he always has especially with The Book of Boba Fett coming up!

The Offworld Jawa and Mandalorian (Season 1) are sold out in most stores. Luckily SmythsToys have a great system that shows how many units of every figure they have left in their stores. In the case of The Mandalorian it were 14. I shared their offers in one of my posts above and for 6.90€ instead of 18.99€ I really wanted to buy a few. I'd say that's as much of a clearance we get here in Germany. People had plenty of time to snag those figures. It was about a year to be precise. So I took 8 of 14 and paid 55.20€ instead of 151.92€.
Really looking forward to customizing a couple of them.

People seem to enjoy that concept of Dark Side Rey. Or maybe it's just because red lightsaber blades always sell like hot cakes. It's interesting that every single figure has now its own individual price. Feels like ebay aleady!

WWE still seems to be a big deal even here in Germany compared to STAR WARS. The figures have become even more realistic, come with premium articulation & packaging and still haven't increased in price over a decade! I mean look at the variety of products there - even different vehicles in 1/12 or 1/10 scale!

I found the Holiday decoration so nice that I decided to share it here with you. It might have been another rough year for many of you, so it was for me. But this year I'm in the mood for Christmas.
I wish you all a Merry Christmas and thank you for reading along my columns.

- Philipp
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 04:37:47 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #253 on: December 13, 2021, 03:58:40 AM »
Wow, you did a great job for only five minutes. Love seeing all those vintage figures. Reminds me of something you would see back in the old days of great collecting.

All my poor Mandalorian Jawas have messed up cards where the tab is.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #254 on: December 14, 2021, 03:53:44 AM »
Well, I know the store quite well, but it was very busy this past Saturday. I wish parents would have more empathy for their children. Such stores can generate frustration and confusion rather quickly.
I see and hear sad children in toy stores on a regular basis. Thanks for checking by, Tamer! I'm glad people seem to like my store reports even though they remain silent. I also added 3 more pictures, which remained on my smartphone first. It's interesting to note, that all 6 remaining figures of The Mandalorian were sold yesterday. It's so handy that one can check all stores of SmythsToys in Germany online.