Author Topic: Germany  (Read 97229 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Germany
« Reply #315 on: June 19, 2022, 01:42:03 AM »
Store report: Müller

Leipzig, Germany

Sat, Jun 18, 2022

RETRO Ahsoka was there twice.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 01:48:19 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #316 on: June 19, 2022, 06:09:47 AM »
I would just love to walk into a store and see TVC on the pegs. My local store (Walmart) doesn't even one peg alotted to them!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #317 on: June 25, 2022, 05:40:41 AM »
Store report: Smyths Toys Super Stores

Dresden, Germany

Sat, Jun 25, 2022

STAR WARS

Finally pulled the trigger on Mr Îmwe for 9€. Got one loose from TungHori, but it was missing the Bowcaster. Hard to believe that it's is more expensive buying from TungHori now than just buying the figures new...some Black Series figures are even cheaper than Vintage Collection figures. We've seen that before...

Was great to see a couple Clones restocked, too!

And even more Star Wars stuff above!

MARVEL

WWE & MOTU

Schleich

This is how Schleich figures come from the factory! Interesting to see!

Some Disney merch - I heard Lightyear is a flop at the box office?

No surprise at those hefty prices...looks like all Di$ney properties are kinda overpriced.

Never saw a calendar for Halloween before...have you?

So this is what I got today:

TVC Chirrut Îmwe - 9€
TVC Bo Katan - 12€
instead of 21.99€ each

Jazwares Pokémon figures:
8 figure multipack - 29.99€ (new MRSP instead of 34.99€)
Pokémon 2-Pack (Battle Pack) - 5.90€ instead of 8.90€
Charizard - 13.99€
I must say those figures from Jazwares look really nice. They captured Charizard very well, the sculpt looks amazing, but the figure itself feels a little cheap. Charizard will look great next to my 3.75" action figures. It was a great hunt today!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 05:28:48 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #318 on: July 16, 2022, 08:32:51 AM »

Dresden , Germany

Sat, Jul 16, 2022

It's been almost a month since I've been to SmythsToys in Dresden and the STAR WARS section changed quite a bit.
On my way there I picked up a lot of loose figures, which I share at the end of the post.
The previous owner told me that he got them all at Toys "R" Us here in Dresden back in the days.

So what have we here...2 pegs full to the brim with Bodas, I mean Yodas:

RETRO Collection landing in Dresden - featuring 2 special guests of the Mandalorian Wave:

And The Black Series got a few copies of my very favorite character of The Bad Batch: OMEEEEGA!

Can you hear the Echo?

TVC has now gained back more pegs than TBS! That's a win in my book. The rest of the P3 packaging is completely gone now.

Didn't find anything at SmythsToys today, but it was busy! Let me tell you. All 4 of 4 cash desks were open and that doesn't happen often.

I'm glad to have gotten these 20 figures on my way there for 4€ each:

« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 11:38:30 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #319 on: July 16, 2022, 11:57:32 AM »
Thats more TVC than I saw on the pegs at Disney (which only was full of Krills for the most part). I even see a Fennec Shand there good on the card which I haven't been able to find yet. Nice.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #320 on: July 17, 2022, 01:14:26 AM »
That's shocking. I mean Disney should have tons of merch in stock right? But it's the Summer holiday season so things might sell right through.
Let me know if I should pick up a Fennec Shand for you. It's such an amazing figure. There were 6 on card on the peg yesterday.
They seem to perform quite well and things look very good for TVC. Cannot wait to see which playset will be announced next. A Hallway of Gideon's Cruiser with a Dark Trooper or Luke Skywalker maybe?

I might get one of those Dinosaurs to modify for my next Utapau diorama:

Forgot to post this one yesterday...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #321 on: July 17, 2022, 07:29:54 AM »
Phil,
I appreciate your willingness to go to that aggravation, but I just had an email this morning that my second replacement has shipped so I will see what I get.

If that one burns, I might just take you up on your offer. You I trust to ship correctly. Still shaking my head that they wanted me to call the carrier.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #322 on: July 26, 2022, 02:33:29 AM »
Toy Hunt: Dresden - Prager Strasse

Dresden, Germany

Mon, Jul 25, 2022

Galeria

This mall can be compared to Macy's or Harrods'. It's been a while since I had been there...

RETRO figures for 14.99€ each and 2 TBS Archive Tusken Raiders for 31.99€ each!

Jada's 1/32 scale version of the JP Jeep Wrangler.

I was VERY surprised to see this figure & dinosaur sets here! They seem to be exclusive to Galeria. So hope they'll get Dr. Grant and Dr. Malcom as well.

Some more 3.75" figures that I hadn't seen before.

Müller

Nothing really changed here since the last time I was here.

At Müller they had the entire wave except for Boba Fett. He's still chillin' at Müller!

A Scarif Stormtrooper and another Tusken Raider for 34.99€ each! They better lower that price.

If a ship doesn't sell for 29€ in 3 years, let's put it back up to 50. Brilliant idea!

Müller have one of the best selections for model kits here in Germany!

Spielemax

Everything looked exactly the same since the last time I was there. Half a year ago? This store is close to the central station of Dresden, located in a basement, but pretty unknown.

Woolworth

I think you guys talked about a Wampa/Tauntaun cave recently right? I think this one here should fit for 1/18 scale:

T€DI

My local dollar stores got the Hot Wheels J to L cases in!

And here's what I got today: HotWheels 1€ each, Soda Candy Cans 3 for 1€ (25 cents more now) and 3.99€ for the LEGO polybag.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #323 on: July 26, 2022, 03:54:01 AM »
Lots of cool stuff.

Man, I think you are onto something with that Wampa Cage.

Intersting to see the wide range and mix of stuff. I mean how old is that sequel stuff now? Wow!

Very thorough as usual. Still lots of stuff on your pegs and shelves.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #324 on: August 10, 2022, 10:39:31 AM »
Thank you Tamer! It was a fun trip! I might go back and get one of those cages...but I got something else for 7.99€ today. A 52 Liters storage box in black for my light sensitive figures.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #325 on: August 10, 2022, 11:08:02 AM »

Dresden, Germany

Wed, Aug 10, 2022

STAR WARS Hasbro

LEGO Star Wars

Jurassic World

Scale Cars

« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 09:16:31 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #326 on: August 11, 2022, 06:25:26 AM »
I have one peg of Star Wars TVC and one peg for black series at my regular store I sometimes go to and then I see what you have. Daggone that is beautiful.

Is that Reva as good and arty as she seems to be? I am not fond of the character in the series, but the action figures seems like it would just make a great base for a lot of female custom characters, especially Sith.

Thanks for the store report.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #327 on: August 19, 2022, 07:40:32 AM »
Store report: GameStop

Elbe Park, Dresden, Germany

Fri, Aug 19, 2022

The time has come...the Gaming Greats Black Series figures are now on discount. Last time I was there was in June and I hoped they'd drop to 20-25€. I almost pulled the trigger on Zaalbar. I just wish it was in 3.75". So I'll just wait for his TVC release...Hasbro pleaaaase! And there's maul! I mean more!

Those mugs look fun as well!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #328 on: August 19, 2022, 07:58:43 AM »

Elbe Park, Dresden, Germany

Fri, Aug 19, 2022

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly and a Surprise that I almost missed!

It's only been 9 days since I was at SmythsToys here, but a lot has changed in the meantime. Today I went out there for a JW Apatosaurus for a friend of mine. It's sold out online, sold out in most stores and already sells for 100€ in the bay.

I was there early this morning and not many people were there right when they opened at 10 am, so I could take some pictures of the hallways with miles of aisles and smiles.

LEGO is promoted with some sets up to 40% off. LEGO Masters is a TV show here in Germany and I don't if they produce it worldwide, but the one show I saw last Friday was pretty underwhelming and felt stretched.

Toys being stacked up as high as the ceiling!

Jurassic World

Masters of the Universe

Big boxes of big nostalgia. I like all the different colors and the packaging design.

More animals in cages.

STAR WARS

The Good

Among fans & collectors this Darth Vader figure is considered to be the best Vader ever made. It's so great to see him and Obi-Wan Kenobi as main characters on pegs shortly after the TV show aired.

And the release of this Anakin Skywalker figure makes perfect sense now as he (spoiler alert) appears in the flashbacks of the Kenobi show.

The Bad

If you followed my store report of last week, you might remember that most figures of the Black Series Basic and Archive assortment were 26.99€ each. Well, now they're 29.99€. In fact I found Princess Leia (Endor) sold on their website for 26.99€ just two days ago. So the price hike is most recent. In other words they just give 3€ less discount compared to the new MRSP of 33.99€ for TBS.

Omeeeega however dropped to 24.99€. Oooops.

Glad to see the Emperor having arrived here in Dresden, too!

With almost 30€ for an Archive figure at SmythsToys, I will most certainly buy them from a German etailer now who has all 4 of this wave for 99.99€.

The Ugly

I so hoped that LEGO was the only company to claim insane prices for the rather meagre value of their sets, but SmythsToys are keen enough to label this figure reduced even though they just raised the price by 3 bucks! I think we've seen this before at another big box store recently...

Compared to this! Under MRSP but not marked in yellow.

The Vintage Collection version of this character however dropped to 14.90€ online.

A Nice Surprice - Jazwares ends the lack of Star Wars vehicles on shelves even here in Germany!

If you looked close enough, you probably saw the X-Wing already. I for the airhead that I am sometimes, completely missed it. Only because I went to the Star Wars section again on my way out I saw 'em:

As part of the Starfighter Class vehicles the X-Wing retails for 19.99€ here. How much are they in the U.S.?

LEGO's new AT-TE dropped by another 3 bucks to a total of under 130€. I wonder if it hits 100€ before Christmas.

Some die-cast cars and playmobil

So today I got a gentle giant and some candy.

Have a nice weekend everyone & happy hunting! Next week there will be new arrivals for TVC here in Germany as well! I'll keep you updated.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 09:37:35 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #329 on: August 20, 2022, 04:44:59 AM »
Daggone this is beautiful. I would probably just go in that store and cry for a few minutes. I haven't seen anything remotely resembling this since Toys R Us went under and even then it wasn't half as good as this. I cannot understand why we can't have this anymore. I mean I appreciate the easy way to order online sometime, but miss the epic toy searches I remember going on back in the day. That joy of searching and finding quality stuff on the pegs and shelves. Being able to pick between the mintiest of items in the package or cardbacks. Now I play Russian Roulette with Hasbro and the other etailers in terms of trusting them and the shippers to do a good job.

My local toy store has one peg for TVC and one peg for the Black Series, your pegs are awesome. I also have not yet seen the micro squadron stuff on store shelves or I would probably be buying it. The only etailer I have seen sell that here is amazon and I don't trust them to ship at all. I used to be a big action fleet collector and this would probably push me over the edge.

I hear you on choosing the black series figures too. With the prices going up I have decided to back way off that and pretty much just focus on TVC. Still, I bet I would have grabbed up a Flame Trooper and that Wookie you liked when I see blue light specials like you found.

Just two epic store reports and I appreciate you showing us how toy stores can be. Thanks Phil. Off to share this on the front pages.