Author Topic: RCWCreations diorama's  (Read 303121 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Panther's diorama's:80's Tardis Interior
« Reply #660 on: July 30, 2018, 05:55:26 AM »
Very nice scratch build there. Off to share the latest.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #661 on: August 02, 2018, 11:46:23 PM »
The Tardis interior work is excellent.

Ron

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
« Reply #662 on: August 03, 2018, 02:37:14 AM »
I applied the first coat of paint which when it dried, I found it was too dark to which the second coat I made was a lighter grey and when dried it looked how I wanted it to.   With the embedded consoles, I painted each one a dark grey, monitors a combination of black, yellow and blue.  Due to the size of the center console I painted on each button and slider with a combination of red, blue, yellow, silver, gold and white.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/80s-tardis/#console1
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 02:42:45 AM by Panther »

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
« Reply #663 on: August 03, 2018, 02:43:19 AM »
For the consoles stand and rim I decided to use the decals from AFT Downloads  80’s Tardis, since I had made it to the same scale as their’s and didn’t want to make it any thicker than what it is by adding a layer of card or foam board.    The control column is made from a clear toothpick container and decal from the AFT Downloads

With the console finished I went back to the round things and using my airbrush, went over the insides with a light yellow to soften the already well rings.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/80s-tardis/#console1
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 02:45:07 AM by Panther »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #664 on: August 03, 2018, 04:12:51 AM »
Looks good to me. Off to share.

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
« Reply #665 on: August 05, 2018, 11:45:49 AM »
I had been looking at the “round things” and the yellow wasn’t working for me.  I decided to grey them out, then applied a lemon yellow to them, when that had dried a white coat was then added.  To  keep the center console in place, I cut down a toilet roll and glued it onto the floor to which the console will sit over.

I trimmed the base to size that fits the shape of the walls, three borders were cut and stuck to edges to hold the walls in place because I have made this diorama to collapse and painted the edges black.  I used a decal for the monitor which now completes my latest diorama.

Usual finished pictures to follow.

ttps://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/80s-tardis/#finish
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 11:57:28 AM by Panther »

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
Re: Panther's diorama's:4th Doctor’s Secondary control room
« Reply #666 on: August 05, 2018, 12:13:01 PM »
When I exhibited for the Bradford Science Festival I had printed off a lot of printable Doctor Who sets from AFT Downloads for people to cut out and make their own Doctor Who diorama.  I had a few of these spare and  make them up and use them for my daughter to play with using them on Plastic Action page.

This set is taken from the Classic Doctor Who episode The Masque of Mandragora – The Robots of Death

This set is incomplete at the moment, I still need to cut out and set up the rails around the center console.

To complete this diorama, I cut out a couple of foam board circles ( a 10 mm and 5 mm) and glued them together and placed the center console platform over them.  Then I cut out the railings fitting them into the platform and through the foam.  I  stuck four pieces of card board to the underside of the floor to strengthen the card, trimmed the floor to the precise size to fit the walls onto, taping the walls to the floor, gluing the stairs to the floor and completing this diorama.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/4th-doctors-secondary-control-room/
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 12:25:48 PM by Panther »

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
Re: Panther's diorama's:Remembrance of the Daleks
« Reply #667 on: August 05, 2018, 12:19:25 PM »
When I exhibited for the Bradford Science Festival I had printed off a lot of printable Doctor Who sets from AFT Downloads for people to cut out and make their own Doctor Who diorama.  I had a few of these spare and  make them up and use them for my daughter to play with using them on Plastic Action page.

This set is taken from the Classic Doctor Who episode Remembrance of the Daleks featuring the 7th Doctor played by Sylvester McCoy.  This is the episode where you first see a Dalek levitate upstairs!

The School
The school is made up using printed off decals which I have stuck onto card and for the larger wall, I have used a couple of pieces of cardboard.

The Hand of Omega
The Hand of Omega and the Dalek Transmat platform where cut out and glued together without backing them onto card.  The Transmat is sturdy enough to take the weight of a Dalek.

Dalek Shuttle
The Dalek Shuttle took a little longer to build, each of the smaller pods was broken into a top and bottom and the main pod was broken into four different sections.  Each one having to be cut out and stuck together either by glue or sticky tape.  If you print this out, I recommend using a laser printer and a lot of patience!

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/remembrance-of-the-daleks/
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 12:25:04 PM by Panther »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #668 on: August 07, 2018, 06:35:32 AM »
Wow, those look pretty good. Pretty realistic for print outs. Off to share the latest.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #669 on: August 08, 2018, 04:33:28 PM »
Awesome dio's buddy and the AFT prints look excellent.

Ron

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
Re: Panther's diorama's: Church Ruins
« Reply #670 on: August 14, 2018, 06:57:58 AM »
Thanks guys.

After spending the past couple of months doing nothing but Doctor Who sets, I thought it was about time to do something different.  To start off I have gone with a room in a ruined church, using the same basic size as my Apartment Room 2 diorama I did last year.  To start I cut a the base piece of foam board 8" x 15", then starting with the left wall I cut a piece 8" x 11.5".  I wanted this to be a tall medieval window, I marked out three tall long windows and then cut them out.  Taking some black 6 mm foam board I cut a piece out to match the display size of the last the piece, marked out three arches that would go round each of the three windows and glued that onto the first piece.  Two long strips of 10" x 1" where then glued to either side of this wall, brick work was then carved into these two pieces.  To give it the ruined look, I marked out where I wanted to cut pieces out, cut into the foam and then ripped out the unwanted pieces.

The middle wall was done but cutting a piece of 10 mm foam foam board to 11" x 15", marking out each brick as 1" x 1", carving them out then putting in cracks in the bricks, weathering them before taking big chunks out of the top of the wall like I did with the window.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/church-ruin/
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:02:55 AM by Panther »

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
« Reply #671 on: August 14, 2018, 07:04:05 AM »
With the floor I marked out slabs of 3" x 4" then treated them as I did with the middle wall.  I then stuck a piece of 6 mm black foam board 2.5" x 8", glued it down to the far right corner.  This is to be the entrance to the room, I carved out 2" x 2.5" slabs on it and then weathered this to match the other.

The right wall I cut out an arched door and like the window opposite, using a piece of black 6 mm foam board I cut out an arch way to go around the door.  I marked out and carved 1" x 1" brick work on this wall.  Clued a 1" x 8" pelmet over the door, marking out 2 x 0.2" top and bottom border, taking my rotary tool and sanded out the middle.  This wall like the others I cut out chunks of the wall to give it the ruined effect.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:08:32 AM by Panther »

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
« Reply #672 on: August 14, 2018, 07:09:52 AM »
Using the cut away sections from the walls, I have placed them around this diorama to add to the ruined effect.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:14:05 AM by Panther »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #673 on: August 14, 2018, 11:25:05 AM »
This is such a great structure element! The light beams shining through onto the floor look amazing!

- Philipp

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
« Reply #674 on: August 14, 2018, 12:48:21 PM »
I cut a couple pieces of bolsa wood to used for the doorway, marking out and scoring in slates of wood.  Using a wooden coffee stirrer, I cut it up and used it to make the door hinges.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/church-ruin/#14_08
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:51:49 PM by Panther »