Author Topic: RCWCreations diorama's  (Read 303118 times)

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
    • Richard's Creative Workshop
Re: Panther's diorama's: Streetlight diorama
« Reply #705 on: September 12, 2018, 12:09:49 AM »
I don't think its strong enough to do that, damn it I should have thought about that!!  >:(

When the base coat had dried I went over the paving slabs with a light blue/grey, the curb using a light grey.  Taking a fine brush I painted in between each slab and crack with a dark brown.  I dry brushed a dark grey over all the cracks, the tarmac at the back and the edges of the curb.  Using a thin brush to dab black into all of the cracks, dry brushed black over the tarmac at the back, dry brushed white over each of the paving slabs to complete the base of this piece.

While this was drying I turned my attention onto the lamppost, painting the bottom and the neck join using the light blue grey, then the rest of it with a light brown, with a coat of metallic silver cover it.

When the lamppost is dry I will see how it looks before starting to weather it.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/street-light-diorama/#12_9
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 12:12:33 AM by Panther »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Panther's diorama's: Church Ruins
« Reply #706 on: September 12, 2018, 03:06:12 AM »
It is sure looking great.

Maybe you can do a new project with a stronger version down the road. I can sure see a fight with Spidey vs. Venom happening on this thing!

Off to share the latest.

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
« Reply #707 on: September 13, 2018, 04:39:18 AM »
Went back to my Church Ruin last night.

The right wall I have built it similar to it's predecessor, using a combination of 10mm and 6mm foam board.  I marked out and carved 1" x 1" brick work on this wall.  Glued a 1" x 8" pelmet over the door which I will be taking my rotary tool too like, marking out 2 x 0.2" top and bottom border.  Taking a sharp knife I removed pieces from the top corners which will be used as rubble to scatter round this piece, damage was applied to the brick work similar to the last piece.

With the floor I marked out slabs of 3" x 4".  I then stuck a piece of 6 mm black foam board 3.5" x 8", glued it down to the far right corner.  This is to be the entrance to the room, I carved out 2" x 3" slabs on it.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/commissioned-church-ruin/#right
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 04:41:50 AM by Panther »

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
Re: Panther's diorama's: Streetlight diorama
« Reply #708 on: September 13, 2018, 04:45:42 AM »
While working on the Church Ruin I was also finishing off the Streetlight diorama.

After the lamppost had dried, I was not overly happy with how it looked so I mixed up a lighter brown and went back over it. While it was still wet I added a light coat of white and blended it in.

I turned my attention back to the base and dry brushed white across the entire surface and edges, the effect I have to say I am rather proud with how it turned out!

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/street-light-diorama/#13_9

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
« Reply #709 on: September 13, 2018, 04:47:47 AM »
Turning back to the lamppost I dry brushed a light grey over the body and neck, followed by white then finishing dry brushing black over the entire post.

With lamppost finished, I have put both pieces together and here it is.  I will be putting up my usual final pictures soon.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/street-light-diorama/#completed
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 04:49:36 AM by Panther »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #710 on: September 14, 2018, 02:23:36 AM »
Looks great on both projects.

Off to share them both.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #711 on: September 14, 2018, 05:41:23 AM »
I really enjoy following your projects, Richard! Thank you for also posting your video on YouTube here. That way I found your channel on there and am your 11th subscriber now!

The pavement with the lamp post looks stunning! Don't need to talk about the church ruins anymore - everything is said in the comments above: It looks excellent!

I also build buildings from POLA in 1/22.5 and 1/24 scale once in a while and your chruch ruins remind me a lot of those! It's amazing what you can make with foam and to me it's very impressive work of art!

Thanks for sharing have a great weekend and please keep us updated.

- Philipp

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
Re: Panther's diorama's: Streetlight Diorama
« Reply #712 on: September 26, 2018, 12:19:50 AM »
Final pictures of my Streetlight diorama are now finally complete (boy has it been a busy couple of weeks with 1 or 2 distractions lol!)

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/street-light-diorama/#final

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #713 on: September 26, 2018, 02:47:40 AM »
I really enjoyed this street light diorama. I can't help thinking of Spider Man and the new Venom when I see this too.

Off to share the latest.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #714 on: October 08, 2018, 06:03:04 PM »
The church is coming along great buddy and the street light is a great idea.

Ron

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
« Reply #715 on: October 24, 2018, 11:35:11 PM »
After taking some time off from building to explore the world of Warhammer 40k, learning to paint on such a small scale and learning new painting skills.  I thought it was time I returned back to my church diorama and put some of these new skills to use but before I can do that the build needs to be finished off.

With the overall structure work done, it is time to start adding in detail to this diorama.  Taking a pottery tool and scoring into the foam as I have done previously before, creating cracks and chips on the stone work.  The centre of the pelmet above the door was removed.

Once this was accomplished I have applied magnetic strip along the length and width of the floor and the walls to hold the diorama in place.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/commissioned-church-ruin/#detail

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #716 on: October 25, 2018, 02:42:27 AM »
Oh yeah, putting those skills to use! Great update, off to share.

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
« Reply #717 on: November 07, 2018, 12:54:21 AM »
Finally back to this again  ;D

Using my rotary tool with the sanding attachment I went around the edges of the three long windows and frame to remove all square edges. With the final wall finished and attached to the other surfaces using magnetic tape, it was time to work on the wooden door.

Cutting a couple of pieces of bolsa wood to size then sanding it down, I marked the wooden beans that make up the door.  Four smaller pieces were cut to act as the hinges then all pieces where glued together.  When this dries, it will be time to make the door handle and bolts out of Green Stuff as I have done previously.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/commissioned-church-ruin/#07-11

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #718 on: November 07, 2018, 03:35:03 AM »
Oh yeah, coming along nicely. Off to share.

Offline RCWCreations

• Admiral
« Reply #719 on: November 09, 2018, 01:02:50 AM »
Using down watered black acrylic I applied a black base coat to all sides of the diorama using a sponge.  With this technique I am able to apply an even coat across the surfaces, while also able to push the paint into all the crack  and crevasses.  The wooden door was given a base coat of burnt umber for the front with black for the hinges.  The back of the door was painted black to match the outer walls.

Unless I am creating a double sided diorama I always paint the back black, more especially when using the blue foam board.  This helps prevent any blue seeping through when a light is shown from behind the diorama.

https://richardscreativeworkshop.co.uk/commissioned-church-ruin/#painting