Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 42442 times)

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2009, 03:03:28 PM »
Today I'm recovering from get'n my nuts snipped yesterday !! 

Needless to say not much work get'n done around here but some site work is in order for later today.

You had better take it easy there, buddy. Recovery may take a bit. My wifey is fixed so i don't have to worry about that.

Sounds painful mate, take it easy and rest up.....

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2009, 03:15:29 PM »
Yeah, my wife and I are both getting altered after our second kid is born, can't take any chances in this economy, lol.

Plus, that way random girls around the neighborhood won't turn up with big headed babies, :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2009, 04:35:26 PM »
Looks like Rodger will need the ice train today, ouch! Daggone,  I hope I don't have to go through that.

Today I hung the last doors for the basement cabinets. Just a few small details and the full reveal will happen. I am pretty pleased. Then, nothing but yard work. Daggone sun was hot today and the grass was high.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2009, 04:49:42 PM »
Looks like Rodger will need the ice train today, ouch! Daggone,  I hope I don't have to go through that.

Today I hung the last doors for the basement cabinets. Just a few small details and the full reveal will happen. I am pretty pleased. Then, nothing but yard work. Daggone sun was hot today and the grass was high.

I'm interested to see it, I have really considered adding a couple rows of built in cabinets in my hobby room, but I'd like to be able to do it in such a way as to sell it as a hobby/office area, :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2009, 04:51:47 PM »

I'm interested to see it, I have really considered adding a couple rows of built in cabinets in my hobby room, but I'd like to be able to do it in such a way as to sell it as a hobby/office area, :)

that is exactly how mine is made, along with a few deer heads thrown in for good measure (lol)!

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2009, 04:52:58 PM »
heh, my dad is a big hunter, but not me.

I'm a dork, which is odd, because my dad is a ham radio afficianado, how dorky to you have to be for that to be cool?

:)

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2009, 05:00:23 PM »
Hang in there Rodger, I've toyed with the idea for a couple of years, don't know if the wife is thrilled with it though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2009, 05:02:50 PM »
heh, my dad is a big hunter, but not me.

I'm a dork, which is odd, because my dad is a ham radio afficianado, how dorky to you have to be for that to be cool?

:)

LOL. Guy, if you can find something you like, and its not illegal, embrace it and have fun. As a few friends have told me, " We spend a few bucks on toys, but we ain't hanging out in the bars or gambling or doing anything that is too drastic".  Thats why we have this place too. There are a lot like us, at least we enjoy ourselves.  I wonder how many folks have done all the expected things, but haven't loved one day of thier life? Bet that list is long.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2009, 06:14:09 PM »
Today...

ordered another round of HS3 for mold-making
researched a buncha minis terrain for that sudden photonovel idea I had
proceeded to download a metric crappetonne of cut-n-fold buildings
   (these are in 6mm scale, intended for Battletech)
dealt with adjusting the goats' tie-outs
took goats back to corral when one figured out how to remove head from collar

finished 4th cloak for snipers

suffered from back-pain too much - wife says it is likely from not sleeping good from being sick
washed a lot of dishes
played a little Battlefront

Still need to do some cleaning in the eating-area of the kitchen this evening.
Need to paint on the sniper and his sniper plate.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2009, 06:39:23 PM »
I would say painting the sniper gets top priority. Sorry to hear your back is bugging you, but I can associate.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #175 on: June 06, 2009, 07:38:18 PM »
I finished up my clone champion, normal clone style, now I just need to do him as a "clone wars" clone and then maybe as an old man, :)

Also took a WIP swampmasher that was going to be tiger force and instead made it a "runabout" for my buddy's segnett's custom character, umm, segnett, lol.

I love the bright colors, freakin bright, right?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #176 on: June 06, 2009, 07:49:42 PM »
Nice, Simon! You are just posting custom pics all over the place.

Today, I took the wifey to look at some new and used cars for her. I think that we have made a decision but have to wait a couple of wees to get some ducks in a row.

Went to a Vintage Stock store after that and drooled over all of the vintage SW and Joe stuff that was available.
I did snap a couple of pics, this time.

went to eat at a Red Robin restaurant. do you guys have these?

Went to see the movie UP "non 3d version", and enjoyed it. Seen my brother's name in the credits as a graphic designer

got home and took a nap, then cleaned the fountain out and enjoyed cocktails on the deck with my neighbors

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2009, 12:23:34 AM »
Someone broke into my garage last night. My car has alarm so they didn't try to break in the car just stolen stuff in the garage: window cleaning products, Armor All for plastic, Silicone spray, 2 cheap screwdrivers and a small hammer and a car vacuum cleaner. The total damage isn't more than let's say $50-60 but I hate when someone gets where he doesn't belong. >:(

At least these are the garages at the block of flats where I live now, at the new house it could be more difficult to get inside my garage - in fact in the area where there is the new house there weren't reported any thefts (yet). Now I want even more to move to the new house...
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #178 on: June 07, 2009, 05:15:27 AM »
Sorry to hear that Serg. Glad to hear the new house is crime free. We have been having a rash of breaks ins where I live now and I hope they don't make it to my area.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #179 on: June 07, 2009, 05:33:53 AM »
Someone broke into my garage last night. My car has alarm so they didn't try to break in the car just stolen stuff in the garage: window cleaning products, Armor All for plastic, Silicone spray, 2 cheap screwdrivers and a small hammer and a car vacuum cleaner. The total damage isn't more than let's say $50-60 but I hate when someone gets where he doesn't belong. >:(

At least these are the garages at the block of flats where I live now, at the new house it could be more difficult to get inside my garage - in fact in the area where there is the new house there weren't reported any thefts (yet). Now I want even more to move to the new house...
Sorry to hear about that. serge. Times are tighter, these days and criminals are getting more desperate.
All of the neighbor's dogs in my neighborhood is bound to help. I have a couple of security cameras that a buddy gave me that I might install for a convincing deterrent.