Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 42399 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #330 on: December 19, 2009, 07:03:51 AM »
Went shopping this morning and now I am sitting in my office at work,   it sucks, but the whole manufacturing department is on mandatory overtime today and tomorrow so I came it for a bit,  even though I didn't have to to show "support"  

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #331 on: December 19, 2009, 07:08:40 AM »
That does suck Wayne, but is nice of  you to do to show some solidarity.

I am getting ready to don the snow gear and shovel and I doubt I will be back in the house much today.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #332 on: December 20, 2009, 03:51:42 AM »
Took a shovel and cleaned up the snow at the new house, we had a snow storm last night, looked and felt like Hoth...
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #333 on: December 20, 2009, 07:37:42 AM »
Yesterday I shoveled snow all day and see a bit more of that today. My back is sore! I also have to fire up my wood stove as my brand new heat pump system is not shutting off when it gets the room to temp. I am snowed in with about two feet of snow and my brother is hopefully gonna plow me out today.  At least my heating system is under warranty, but its a Trane and its only been installed since this summer!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #334 on: December 20, 2009, 07:39:03 AM »
I made a long walk through the snow with my dog, it was really cool

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #335 on: December 27, 2009, 05:47:49 AM »
ummm i was making more of my endor dio and walked the dog and kid down to the fair lil harry jr felt ill after the first ride and then we went home and then jr asked to see rotj and i putted it on and told him ive watched this film about 40 times ya now that and he gust sayed sshhhh

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #336 on: December 27, 2009, 06:31:49 AM »
I finished another custom today

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #337 on: December 27, 2009, 10:57:45 AM »
I made a youtube video:

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #338 on: December 27, 2009, 11:02:02 AM »
Today, I have been kicking back with the wife in front of the tv. I have got some orders to fill today, and some resin to cast. I did shovel on the driveway for about an hour, yesterday, but to no avail as it got about another inch dumped on it, last night. I need to get some more work done on my custom, today.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #339 on: December 27, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »
Today I went to Home Depot to get some supplies to begin working on my table for my train set.  Got me some legs and 2x4x8 studs for the frame work.  The legs were 28" tall, and I'm not sure if they're tall enough.  I think I need to go with something bigger, but there wasn't anything bigger there.  Maybe I'll try Menards today as well, but I'm not totally sure how tall I want it to be.  I don't want it TOO tall, but at the same time, I don't want to be hunched over the thing.  I think if I keep it at the 28" tall, almost 30" finished, then I can sit down and work on different areas as I build it up.  I'll be working on it more tonight when I get back from the in-laws house this evening!

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #340 on: December 27, 2009, 07:50:04 PM »
Today I went and got dog food and cat food and milk, oh and found the Big Octo Droid for 17.50 at Walmart so I am a happy camper.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #341 on: December 27, 2009, 08:03:38 PM »
Dang!  Nice score on that Octo-Droid!  Might have to look for one of those myself!

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #342 on: December 28, 2009, 12:29:36 PM »
Today I went to Home Depot to get some supplies to begin working on my table for my train set.  Got me some legs and 2x4x8 studs for the frame work.  The legs were 28" tall, and I'm not sure if they're tall enough.  I think I need to go with something bigger, but there wasn't anything bigger there.  Maybe I'll try Menards today as well, but I'm not totally sure how tall I want it to be.  I don't want it TOO tall, but at the same time, I don't want to be hunched over the thing.  I think if I keep it at the 28" tall, almost 30" finished, then I can sit down and work on different areas as I build it up.  I'll be working on it more tonight when I get back from the in-laws house this evening!

Maybe build a storage space under it, that'll bulk it up.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #343 on: January 04, 2010, 05:42:45 PM »
Sat Teresa's pet rat died, and it only gets worse from here. Sun one of Teresa's pet birds dies, then I had to go for a tooth extraction today. And the tooth extraction, was one of the most painful tooth extractions I have ever had, and it wasnt the needle in the gum, it wasnt the drillling, it wasnt the poping - it was the build up of pressure he had to use to get it out, they had to try three times it just wouldn't move (and the funny part was it was already out of the socket),  they had me in cold chills, shaking, cold compresses on me head, it was awful however now it is out it feels a 100% better and the other thing I was in pain since the week before christmas, I had to suffer with until today on painkillers which weren't helping, hence I couldn't drink me christmas whiskey which I brought back from England - however hopefully thats the last bad things for a while.

Hence the reason the Alien cultural section has really been added to, sorry guys give me a day or two to pull me self together and I will continue with the updates, hope no one minds. ;D

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #344 on: January 04, 2010, 06:18:09 PM »
Of COURSE no one minds!  Family and health are more important than any hobby!  Get yourself well and give Teresa our condolences on her poor pets!