Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 42391 times)

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #390 on: February 27, 2010, 09:33:27 PM »
mowed, yard work then trip to local markets. thought my Xmases had come at once when i saw a second hand ATST walker on a vendors table plus other stuff . quickly vanished when i saw his price of $60 loose.......ouch....

Offline jay

• Cadet
« Reply #391 on: March 01, 2010, 04:15:40 AM »
well ive got to work till 9pm tonight . not good lol .

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #392 on: March 01, 2010, 05:06:24 AM »
bummer!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #393 on: March 07, 2010, 02:09:58 PM »
Took a long ride into the country and scored a nice GS hood for my project car, got it at about 1/5 of it's value so I am happy,   Weather is nice so I will be heading out to the garage to start working on my toys again  :)  

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #394 on: March 07, 2010, 03:10:11 PM »
Due to my comp dying (on the wifes laptop at moment) i've rediscovered my enthusiasm for building car models again. Have gotten stuck into a 69 revell Corvette coupe...... ;D

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #395 on: March 07, 2010, 03:28:29 PM »
Sounds fun,  I was big time into those kits back in the day,  I want to get back into them but time and space are an issue, and since I have the full scale "kits' taking up my summer time, the little ones are on the back burner but I have been buying them up when I see a nice model I want at a swap meet or at a hobby shop sale,  Got a 69 Gto and a 71 Cuda to do.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #396 on: March 07, 2010, 03:35:43 PM »
You will have to show us a pic or two of your completed kit, Greg. I used to be into car models, also. I have a whole partial wall of my basement full of unbuilt kits.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #397 on: March 10, 2010, 07:20:01 AM »
Still battling with this bloody plumbing it's been a nightmare, we have had to call in a company called Standing Plumbing what a run around that was, then on top of that I am trying to get Out on a Limb (tree company) to come out and remove a root system so they can run the pipes through the trench.

And it all has to be done today and no one has shown up yet, lol.

QUICK UPDATE: The Standard Plumbing people have shown up and they are the ones that are removing the tree root (it's not fair on them and it shouldn't have to be done), I was just hoping they could put the sewer pipe in the ground and it would be finished, my Tree Guy still hasn't shown up - I think he has lost a lot of business from Teresa as we wanted to do some landscaping come October.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 07:53:30 AM by Cimter »

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #398 on: March 10, 2010, 09:03:24 AM »
Wow, Cimter ol boy, you are having one HELL of an ordeal with this plumbing situation, eh?  Hopefully this'll all get fixed soon enough for ya!

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #399 on: March 10, 2010, 12:36:37 PM »
 I am hoping today Pat seeing it's been going on for nearly two months.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #400 on: March 10, 2010, 03:35:30 PM »
Played my first pickup baseball game today with a bunch of friends. It was about 50 out, comfortable weather. We played on a small field with metal bats and tennis balls (so Tennis Ball Baseball I guess?) It was awesome to get out and play again, haven't played since October. We played two 9 inning games, but they both went into extra innings. My hitting was a bit off, which was to be expected, but I hit a double my first at bat (almost a homerun, it hit the bottom of the fence). Defensively I was on my game. One of my catches I ran in for the ball, dove head first, stuck my arm out backwards, wasn't even looking and caught it. I love making plays like that.

The first game we were the home team, I won it with a walkoff hit in the 10th inning, right down the third base line, the guy at second scored. The second game we were the away team. Top 9, one out, guy at third. I hit it to the third baseman but I was thrown out at first but the run came in to tie the game. That game went until the 14th inning where we lost on a walkoff single by the other team.

So yea, thrilled that its relatively warm out now, glad I got back on the baseball field again, a lot of fun today. I don't remember playing baseball this early in the year.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #401 on: March 10, 2010, 03:44:43 PM »
Played kick ball with the little man, though he would run to the ball, sometimes kick it, sometimes pick it up and run around the house.

I think summer just got better around here, :)

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #402 on: March 10, 2010, 04:42:15 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

We have plumbing again, damn Out on a Limb guy didn't show or even phone so we won't be using him again.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #403 on: March 11, 2010, 02:36:07 PM »
That's good news, plumbing is a nice thing to have working in the house ;)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #404 on: March 11, 2010, 02:47:46 PM »
Sorry to hear about your ordeal Michael. Glad to hear things are getting better though. Wow, Les didn't show or call. He is useualy more reliable than that. I use him for tree work as well and never had a problem. I send him a lot of business I wonder what is up. Check your PM, I messaged you today.