Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 42457 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2008, 02:28:30 PM »
Sure wish I could read French! From what I could gather this is a Star Wars online shop Franck? You might want to start a thread under our online store's thread.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #121 on: December 27, 2008, 09:53:16 AM »
My parents and whole family already left for Bucharest, I home alone LOL. I'll meet my GF this afternoon. It is very cold here under -8 degrees Celsius. And it snowed a little. After all it is winter.
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2008, 06:10:57 PM »
Have fun with the house to yourself Serg. I spent today doing some web work and am happy as I got one major section done I was working on. I played with my little gal and watched the end of Crouching Tigger Hidden Dragon. I hate how all the main characters die horrible deaths in Chinese made films!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #123 on: December 27, 2008, 06:45:25 PM »
I really like that film but the wifey hates it for some reason. We went to the local Wal-mart and did some banking and post Christmas shopping. We ate at Arby's on the way home and then watched the Hancock blu-ray after we got home.
  It rained pretty hard this morning then iced up and snowed tonight.
      Trouble shooting my sump pump this morning, I discovered that the check valve above the backup pump might be stuck in the closed position. When I go to cycle that backup pump, the pump turns but moves no water. So whenever it dries out enough, I am going to have to take part of the assembly apart and investigate. Not something that I am looking forward to.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2008, 01:18:35 PM »
No fun finding out your pump is on the fritz in the middle of a rain storm. I hope it works out Clint. I am currently catching up on my NFL and just saw that Ben was taken out on a stretcher in the second quarter! WTF! He wasn't even supposed to play today! I guess they are saying he has a concussion. Smart move Tomlin!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2009, 06:25:13 PM »
Is thread necromancy legal?  :o

I shot a chicken-snake in our coop Monday, with the blas- ah, .45 I routinely carry.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #126 on: May 06, 2009, 06:31:58 PM »
Is thread necromancy legal?  :o

I shot a chicken-snake in our coop Monday, with the blas- ah, .45 I routinely carry.
Wow, I haven't posted in this thread in ages!! Today, I got up at 4, talked with the old lady until she left at 5:30, Worked on customs for an hour, spent some time in the chat room with Darth Aussie, got to the post office and shipped an auction,mowed the yard, and packed my travel tote for our fishing trip that starts tomorrow.

Where did you hit the snake, Doc? Was it a head shot?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2009, 07:16:00 PM »
Didn't kill any snales today, found the shed skin of one in the corner of my garage, big thing I did that makes me unbeleiveably happy was getting my new plasma cutter up and running, now I can customize my other projects a tad easier ;)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #128 on: May 06, 2009, 07:23:21 PM »
Now that's a nice toy to have, Wayne! That would open the door to all sorts of crazy full-sized projects for me.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #129 on: May 06, 2009, 07:38:49 PM »
Plasma cutter + (Doc+friends) = 1:1 scale HALO Warthog   fett

Hit the egg-thief just behind the jaw.  Distance was less than three feet, so I almost feel like I was cheating.  However, one of our hens decided to go broody and is now trying to hatch all those eggs the snake was trying to eat.  So, I revert to Rule #1 - the only fair fight is the one you lose.  I won, snake lost, new chicks are expected.

Hey Reconsgt - Force Recon?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2009, 05:09:03 AM »
Now that is my kind of medicine. I have been thinking about getting a judge myself! I actually got a snake with my weedeater last weekend, does that count? Looks like I will be working on the last two cabinets for my office den area. Pics to follow here before too long of the project.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2009, 05:17:38 AM »
Now that is my kind of medicine. I have been thinking about getting a judge myself! I actually got a snake with my weedeater last weekend, does that count? Looks like I will be working on the last two cabinets for my office den area. Pics to follow here before too long of the project.
Still waiting on those pics, buddy. I still need to harvest your basement finishing skills one of these days.
  All I have left to clear out of the way is the remaining ton or so of stuff and I will be ready.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2009, 06:54:12 AM »
Plasma cutter + (Doc+friends) = 1:1 scale HALO Warthog   fett

Hey Reconsgt - Force Recon?

Well a full scale warthog would be one hell of an undertaking, maybe when I clear the garage from 3 other projects we can talk ;)

I wasn't a  Force Recon Marine,  similar duties though , I served in the Army, and part of that time was in a recon team with the 5th,  among others so the tag stuck,

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2009, 06:39:53 AM »
I'm interested in the .45.. what make?..... ;)......i work in Guns so hence the interest.... :D

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2009, 10:17:39 AM »
Gotcha, sarge!  I was heavy weps in the Corps - Dragon missiles.  So, my SW collection tends to focus on armor.

DA - it's a Norinco copy of the 1911.  Sweet pistol.