Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 42430 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #255 on: October 20, 2009, 11:58:14 AM »
I am so stoked! I just got home from a trip to Hobby Town where I bought a pin vice, set of micro drill bits, some glue accelerator and some Game Workshops paint. This is the first time I have bought anything other than walmart paint. I can't wait to get to work with this stuff.

Sorry to hear you are sick Tamer, I had that crap a few weeks ago.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #256 on: October 20, 2009, 12:14:34 PM »
We had a big inspection from Ministry of Education I got home so tired after that huge stress, but at least a nice package from Sideshow waited for me there.
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #257 on: October 20, 2009, 12:32:44 PM »
I am so stoked! I just got home from a trip to Hobby Town where I bought a pin vice, set of micro drill bits, some glue accelerator and some Game Workshops paint. This is the first time I have bought anything other than walmart paint. I can't wait to get to work with this stuff.

Sorry to hear you are sick Tamer, I had that crap a few weeks ago.
Cool on your new purchases. That superglue accelerator is priceless. Tell us what you think of those new paints.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #258 on: October 20, 2009, 12:53:27 PM »
Now for more great news I just went out to the mail box and found the casts you did for me Clint. They look great! Do you sand the helmets a bit? or just scrub them with a tooth brush and soapy water before painting. Man it is a good day, oh yea I found half of the ROTJ wave as well. No Nikto gunner or Leia though...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #259 on: October 20, 2009, 01:04:26 PM »
The resin has a slight oily nature to it kind of like plastic model parts and their mold release agent and you can either sand or wash as you suggested but I never have. Man, you are just getting all sorts of stuff today. It's good to know that you got em so quickly.  Now I need to make you a feedback thread.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #260 on: October 20, 2009, 03:15:08 PM »
Cool, that is what I was thinking. I just sanded 2 of them as I can not wait to get some paint on them. Wow you don't do either? and your painting of them rocks. Maybe I am going overboard on it? I thought you had to do one or the other for the paint to stick...

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #261 on: October 20, 2009, 03:31:56 PM »
No not really.I find that the paint I use sticks to them better than on most star wars figures. i might give em a couple of coats but I do that to the figures also. you know how the paint you put on a figure might bead up sometimes when it's too thin? I never have that happen on one of my resin parts. I usually like the thicker part of the paint that settles to the bottom of the bottle anyway because it is normally flatter.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #262 on: October 29, 2009, 01:06:11 PM »
LOL!  Yes, it actually all has reasons for it!  The orange colors indicate Admin, the Green is for Moderators, the blue is for the ranks up through Development, the red is for ranks from Weapons tech to Captain, and the pea green is for our Imagineering member, Hangarbay94!  There is also a yellow color, for ranks Major to Grand Admiral, but no one has reached it yet!

Cool. But on each forum I can I usually try and hide my number of posts (too bad here you cannot). I'm admin on 2 Romanian forums (the only ones I ever accepted to be admin or mod) and excepting a few members no one knows I'm admin. I prefer being seen as a simple member (I only acted as admin a few times needing to delete some bot spam and re-arranging and merging threads/posts).
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2009, 03:11:54 AM »
had one of my best days ever in sales in the gun shop today. Over $9500 in guns, ammo and parts..woohoo! ;D ;D ;D

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2009, 03:16:32 AM »
had one of my best days ever in sales in the gun shop today. Over $9500 in guns, ammo and parts..woohoo! ;D ;D ;D

What is there a war im not aware of in Oz? lol..... awesome sales mate do you get a commission with that much in sales mate?

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #265 on: October 30, 2009, 03:20:54 AM »
Yes mate i have targets set by the store . if i make them, i could pick up a extra 500 /600 bucks a  month. Bit of that will be going to my US trip..... ;D

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #266 on: October 30, 2009, 04:09:35 AM »
Sounds good Darth. I plan to clean my office/desk and work space I customize in. I have trashed the whole room with my vehicle custom I have been working on.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #267 on: October 31, 2009, 12:18:39 PM »
you're coming to the states?

Rad. . .man, I'd like to know what 10k buys in a gun store, :)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #268 on: October 31, 2009, 12:30:06 PM »
Way to  go, Greg. Your gun sales would make my dad proud.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #269 on: November 01, 2009, 04:09:55 PM »
you're coming to the states?

Rad. . .man, I'd like to know what 10k buys in a gun store, :)

Trying to Narc, hopefully for C5 if it ever gets announced. But with bills and stuff incoming all the time, it be hard to keep that money set aside for it...

10 k bought eight guns, various ammo and some parts/accessories. Most days i'd sell 3 to 4 k average. That was just a full on day , all coming in at once..lol