Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 42420 times)

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #270 on: November 01, 2009, 04:11:05 PM »
Way to  go, Greg. Your gun sales would make my dad proud.

Ta mate...hopefully if i get over there, i'd like to meet your Dad and his vast collection.... ;)..makes my pitiful shop look underpowered...... :)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #271 on: November 07, 2009, 02:25:14 PM »
Raked leaves, cleaned the garage, it feels like 70 degrees here from last weeks 40s so it's bee nice to get outside and clean up, got my garage reorganized so I can fit our daily drivers in it as well as my GS project, that took some doing but it's all good, got teh snowblower tuned up, found a crakced up tire so I either need to slime it or replace it, I am debating wether or not ot foam fill it and be done with it. I need to fab up a new tire chain tomorrow once the repair is done and I will be ready for winter, I may even hang the Christmas lights up, as long as they are not on who cares right ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #272 on: November 07, 2009, 04:27:33 PM »
Went hunting today. Saw a few deer, but nothing worth launching an arrow. I am starting to see some decent sign though. Magic week is almost here.

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #273 on: November 08, 2009, 09:36:21 PM »
Finished my contest entry today. Last night, watched Fedor win on CBS. Are there any other MMA fans around here?

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #274 on: November 10, 2009, 02:34:56 AM »
WORKED!....darn back from vacation.... :(

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #275 on: November 10, 2009, 10:18:23 AM »
I got laid off!
Not the best day, but you know what.. I think it's for the best... My work had not been as satisfying as it had been for the last 7 years and I believe a change was in order. This just motivates me to find something, and I get a few well deserved days off.

I can customize some too now! =)

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #276 on: November 10, 2009, 11:16:11 AM »
Sorry to hear about the lay-off, stem. At least you have some custom time to look forward to like me when I get laid off.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #277 on: November 10, 2009, 12:17:25 PM »
Layoffs are no good.

They say the recession is over, but by may calculation, we are only over the first dip in a double dip, :)

But, on the plus side, if you are in the US and can get unemployment benefits, they go for like 2 years now, like 6 years if you got laid off from manufacturing, lol.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #278 on: November 10, 2009, 01:26:16 PM »
Great attitude Sten. Someone with your skills will be hired in no time. Have fun with your time off.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #279 on: November 10, 2009, 02:56:07 PM »
I got laid off!
Not the best day, but you know what.. I think it's for the best... My work had not been as satisfying as it had been for the last 7 years and I believe a change was in order. This just motivates me to find something, and I get a few well deserved days off.

Thats the spirit Sten! get stuck in mate......

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #280 on: November 20, 2009, 02:14:54 PM »
I got laid off!

Thats the spirit Sten! get stuck in mate......

Thanks for all the kind words... So far I've finished up one custom and gotten the parts for another ready to start. Need to start selling things on ebay =) too much clutter in the house in case we have to move for a job or something.

So far though it's been pretty good.. just time is flying.. Monday will be 2 weeks already! hehehe but on the upside my wife and I are having a rebirth in our relationship with all the time home and the no "work stress".. of course that may start to slowly change to "no work stress".. :P

Thanks guys, and happy holidays!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #281 on: November 20, 2009, 02:52:16 PM »
you know, my wife and I had a similar renaissance with her mother's time off this year, she's been off from August and doesn't go back til January.  Its been really weird spending so much time together, to be honest, I'll miss her when she goes back.

SO keep your head up, enjoy some time with the missus.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #282 on: November 21, 2009, 01:13:41 PM »
Finished up all my fall projects with the exception of hanging Christmas lights,  I will do that Thanksgiving Day,   I also go got even with the little bastards next door and had the sheriff pay them a visit.  For the past few weekends they find it funny to launch fireworks off over mine and some of the other near by houses at times up to 3am, that gets my dog going then I don't sleep,  Today they were doing it and then they were caught dumping crap into my woods ( remnants of last weekends underage drinking party when mom and dad were away I suspect) , done deal, what these Aholes don't understand is the the land right across the road from them is a deputies property and they were dumping there as well,   so add that up and it wasn't a good day for the teenagers nor their parents.  Since my other neighbor is under a pervert I have surveillance cameras up,   No denying it  :)    Like Hannibal says, " I love it when a plan comes together"     

Sue is terrified I will be Clint Eastwoods character in Gran Torino when I get to that age, 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #283 on: November 21, 2009, 03:48:03 PM »
Nice Wayne. Nice. You and me both on the Torino thing.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #284 on: November 21, 2009, 03:51:23 PM »
Haven't seen Torrino, but the wife thinks filling hamburger balls with max tylenol is evil.

No more barking dogs that chase small children home, though....ha!