Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 42464 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2008, 09:14:16 AM »
Sounds like good vacation times! I am back at the school now too and the kids are settling in nicely so far.

Offline Obi-Sean Kenobi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2008, 10:31:31 PM »
Today, I felt well enough to crawl out of my sickbed to the computer for the first time in nearly a week.
"I feel a great disturbance in the force... , though it might just be gas."

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2008, 04:10:51 AM »
Today, I felt well enough to crawl out of my sickbed to the computer for the first time in nearly a week.

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2008, 06:15:44 AM »
I was wondering where you were hiding!  Hope you feel better soon, the weather's been too nice to spend indoors!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2008, 11:18:53 PM »
Good to see you are better Sean...

Offline Obi-Sean Kenobi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2008, 01:48:06 AM »
Thanks for the support as always.

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2008, 09:33:24 AM »
This morning I preached my first sermon since getting back from two weeks vacation in the US. I loved New England!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2008, 05:47:46 PM »
James that sounds great! Did you happen to get by a few US walmarts and targets and toysrus in your trip?

Offline James

• Lieutenant
    • www.droidsandewoks.com
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2008, 07:15:52 AM »
Yes I did! I picked up all of Legacy wave 2 except for Saesee Tiin and the Clone with the big gun, as well as Ak-Rev, a Jumptrooper, R2-D2 from the Clone Wars line and the second Rebel Pilots evolution set. I was really debating getting one of the smaller ships too since I never see them up here, but I decided to spend the money on figures instead. As far as Star Wars collecting goes, USA has it made!
I love Canada (I've been here since I was 2), but for me being an American, theres just something about being back in the US. I really loved western Massachusetts and Vermont. Hmm... maybe I'll have to look into moving.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2008, 04:43:41 PM »
I would love to live in Canada about this time of year and then move down to the states before winter gets too full blown.  I can see your points about moving to the states. 

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2008, 06:52:54 AM »
I'll stick to Down Under. Loved both US and Canada but really missed home....lol

Offline Obi-Sean Kenobi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2008, 12:31:34 AM »
I love coming to the U.S. but I'll always be a Canuck at heart. Just so you know, I think a lot of you have been misinformed about the severity of our winter weather. It gets nasty cold out east but here in the western prairies, we are sometimes lucky to see snow before Christmas. Even if we get a blast of snow and some truly bone chilling cold temperatures, we get these awesome warm winds every week other week or so called chinooks that last for a few days, melt everything and bring the temp up to a mild autumn or spring day.

While we are on the subject of misconceptions regarding Canada, most Canadians do not say "Eh" at all, never mind at the end of every sentence. And I have yet to hear any of my countrymen say "aboot". I think that tends to be a maritime province thing. They tend to have accents that sound part Irish or scottish and french. It's sometimes hard to understand them as they also tend to speak really fast. Hence the "aboot" thing might be a result of them talking so fast that the "o" and "u" end up being omitted from pronunciation.

We are however, really nice and polite as advertised eh.  ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2008, 05:55:16 PM »
Chinooks don't mean the same thing to me during Winter, they push that nasty stuff right down over us. Still, gets me some snow days so I like Chinooks too!  Daggone nice version of Salmon too which I would love to catch.

Anyhow today was busy as usual. Didnt get a chance to get online much today. Did mail out some stuff. Wayne those hotwheels mystery cars are finally on their way.  I spent this evening moving a huge cabinet into my den. It is gonna hold tons of office stuff. I ordered the drawer facing boards today. It is so nice calling the sawmill and just giving dimensions and saying make that up please.

My wife saw a mega buck at my feeder this evening. Hunting season is fast approaching. It is really looking good so far. Bow season in MD  starts in just a few weeks. My bow shooting is getting pretty good. Twenty to thirty yards is lights out and fourty ain't pushing things now.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2008, 02:40:13 AM »
Sold three rifles, a Shotgun and  a Glock today. One of my best days at work for ages..... ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2008, 04:33:19 AM »
Sold three rifles, a Shotgun and  a Glock today. One of my best days at work for ages..... ;D

Way to go Greg. Sales is always interesting work.