Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 42467 times)

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2008, 05:05:10 AM »
Sold three rifles, a Shotgun and  a Glock today. One of my best days at work for ages..... ;D

Way to go Greg. Sales is always interesting work.

Ya the Glock was the hardest but eventually he bought it... ;D

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2008, 08:50:29 AM »
Gun laws being what they are in your country, that is a great day of sales. Wish I could afford a pistol.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2008, 12:18:07 PM »
Had to go to the eye doctor today and drop a lovely $727, then pick up a tux for my wife's brother's wedding for another $154.   Got a haircut, then some Taco Bell.  That new Volcano Taco is ONE hot taco.  I took one bite and was out, and I like a fair amount of heat!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2008, 04:55:56 PM »
I was wondering about that taco. You had to drop that much at the eye doctor? you get that bionic eye that you always wanted, Pat?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2008, 05:41:49 PM »
Probably just one pair of glasses Clint. Those daggone things are going nuts it seems.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2008, 02:49:54 AM »
"Six Million Dollar Phatty..."

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2008, 07:52:02 AM »
"Six Million Dollar Phatty..."

That would be awesome, as long as I get a laser finger!  I could spend a butt-load less if I went somewhere like For Eyes, LensCrafters, or Wal-Mart, but my eye doctor is a friend, and I like the care and service I get.  Plus, things like Frames run on average of about $280+.  I got a pair of Guess frames that ran $315 alone, not to mention the $366 for lenses, $80 for contact fitting, $110 for the exam, and $22 for photos of my eyes.  I do get a discount, which helps. 

I have to pack some clothing and get the dogs to the Clinic for the weekend, as we have to head on down to Indianapolis for her brother's wedding.  Kind of annoying since nobody lives in Indy, we ALL have to travel, all 250+ of us,  and get hotel rooms and such because they wanted to get married in a place where you could have the wedding and reception both outdoors...nevermind the 12 or more in our county area alone here at home...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2008, 09:26:52 AM »
have fun Pat. Hopefully there will be an open bar in your hotel that your newlyweds will spring for since you guys are footing the bill to show up!

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2008, 02:25:52 AM »
Tomorrow I'll be going to Bucharest at a book convention for about 10 days. I'm not happy about this but the university where I work at chose me and other 3 guys to go. Hope only to have internet connection at our booth... :-\
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2008, 04:12:43 AM »
Well if the University is putting you up there make sure to have some fun on them! Wow, ten days at a book convention. If it were the right kind of books that would probably be fun, but if its textbooks and the like I can imagine your frustration.  I sit on some meetings myself where I and follow colleagues argue about the book we want. I end up leaving those types of conferences more frustrated than usual.

As for me, I am busy getting ready for the upcoming rifle season which starts in about a week. It takes about two and a half hours just to get into the place I am going. I put in a whole days worth of work yesterday putting in a new ground blind in some horribly windy and rainy weather. I also had my father in law's Bday party that I missed because of that. I might get out of the doghouse today! Maybe? Wait a minute today is Sunday, football Sunday so maybe not! 8)

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2008, 12:29:00 AM »
LOTS of work to do at the book convention, from 10 to 9 every day until Sunday (Sunday at 4 it is the end). There are all kinds of book, from children book to science ones. There are even some books in English and I bought a Marketing one. Even some SW book in Romanian at amaltea Publishers  - but I have them all already.

At least the hotel room is great: Philips TV, modern PC with internet connection, single room and very clean - we are staying it the VIP rooms of the Economic Science Academy Hotel LOL. I didn't have time to visit bucharest alas, maybe on Sunday. But still cannot wait to get home. ;)
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2008, 06:33:15 AM »
Well have some fun JK!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2008, 03:50:19 PM »
It was another long week in the rebar patch. Today, I worked at Lee's Summit west high school putting in steel for the first floor's deck. Man, it was a tough day and I am bushed! It started out at a brisk 18 degrees and only got up to about 34 or so.
   I picked up a clamato 4-pack on the way home and rented the blu-ray version of 3-10 to yuma. Tonight my plans are to kick back and enjoy the start of a new weekend. The wife has some homemade stroganoff going and it smells pretty good.
  I believe that we are going to set up the tree tomorrow and if there is time, I might take the wifey to see Twilight as she has read the books and is juced to see it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2008, 04:10:42 AM »
sounds like a great weekend plan to me. I am going to have to get some of that Clamata for my little foray up to camp the next few days.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2008, 01:43:11 AM »
Today is the last day in Bucharest, cannot wait to return home 600 km away.  I'm going to buy a few more books for some friends and then pack everything. We'll be going Monday morning. It was an interesting experience (even saw some SW books in Romanian - which I already have - too bad no SW toys) but I'd rather not repeat it too soon, it is too exhausting...
My collection
Trade Feedback