Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 42383 times)

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #450 on: April 10, 2010, 06:28:08 PM »
no problems... e-mail has been sent .... ;)

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #451 on: April 10, 2010, 06:31:28 PM »
no problems... e-mail has been sent .... ;)

Thanks Trev. Let me go look into my inbox.

Not seeing anything yet, but it might take awhile for a video attachment to come through perhaps.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #452 on: April 10, 2010, 06:32:07 PM »
Got em. Let me go see if I can make these work. Thanks Trev!

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
  • Adrenaline starts to flow!
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #453 on: April 11, 2010, 06:01:04 PM »
today I worked a bit on creating an avatar/image for Darth Creatine to put on his pictures of his custom figures and I did 2 figure reviews ^^

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #454 on: April 11, 2010, 08:23:40 PM »
So yesterday, I decided it was time to fix my lawn tractor.  you see, I've had power issues since I left the key in the "on" position for more than a month.  Oops.  So I bought a new battery, and it wouldn't start right away, so I jumped it and it was fine.  Mowed the lawn and put her away.  Went to get her out a couple days later to mow again, and dead again.  That was all last year.  So I put her away for the year, and got her out to try again.  Put the battery on the charger for 24 hours, and it barely started the mower.  Once it did, I let it run for about 10 minutes or so, and shut her off.  Tried to start it again immediately, and it was dead as a doornail.  So I thought it may have been the alternator.  I bought a new one from a lawn machine shop locally, and installed it.  The alternator is located underneath the flywheel, which was a pain to remove.  Once I got it off, I replaced the alternator and put the mower back together.  I had MORE trouble starting it, and when it did, it was super rough sounding, and would sputter, backfire, and die.  Almost like the timing was off.  Come to find out, I sheared the shear pin, or flywheel key, and had to get another one.  No problem.  I replaced the flywheel key and started it again.  Fired right up, sounding great, and died, sputtering and backfiring.  Sheared another key.  WTF???  SO I have to go back tomorrow and see if there's a reason that may be.  In the meantime, I got out the walk behind mower, a self-propelled mower to do the yard.  Gonna take a bit longer, but no biggie, it was nice and I could use the exercise.  However, about 20 minutes in, the electric motor that powers the self-propeller died out and turned it into a big weight.  I guess mowing wasn't in the cards for me yesterday!

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #455 on: April 11, 2010, 09:45:11 PM »
My Dad had the same problems with his old mower.
He eventually just got rid of it.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #456 on: April 12, 2010, 06:42:25 AM »
THe problem is, the riding mower is only about 2 years old!

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #457 on: April 12, 2010, 05:34:13 PM »
Installed three 75x24 (in centimeters) wall shelves to put my figures on and put every figure on a figure stand
and propably will do a collection video/pictures soon

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #458 on: April 15, 2010, 06:27:57 PM »
THe problem is, the riding mower is only about 2 years old!

ARGH!!!

My Dad's was about 8, so I see your point there.

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #459 on: April 17, 2010, 06:27:49 AM »
Currently i'm making a program in Visual Basic for kids to learn maths with no less than 6 forms I have to work in, bah
damn school projects :p

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #460 on: April 17, 2010, 06:34:04 AM »
Going fishing again today. I limited out on crappie yesterday. A couple of em were pretty big.

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #461 on: April 17, 2010, 07:56:43 AM »
went to supernova in Melbourne Today with the wife and and kids and my folks, it was a Great day, took a few pics but with my internet down to 64kbs i cant even look at any new pics being posted till the 22nd this month let alone post any

i picked up some good deals, got 5 Deviss's ROTS and red and white card and a ROTJ Luke all for $70 AUSD

also, ART FX Blue Senate Guard for $95 that will go very nice next to my ART FX Royal Guard!!

and 2 x Geonosis Assault battle packs for $40 each, and a ROTS Target exclusive clone for $20

so all in all i got some Great deals

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #462 on: April 17, 2010, 08:01:04 AM »
Today I have lost the battle against pollen. All clogged up and on the couch.

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #463 on: April 17, 2010, 10:27:45 AM »
Today I have lost the battle against pollen. All clogged up and on the couch.

I've lost the battle with fighting off the family plague....damn it Im sick

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #464 on: April 17, 2010, 10:12:07 PM »
Mandalore, that sucks!

Well, Thursday my brother came over so I could put the final adjustments to the riding mower, and ended up screwing myself worse.  Somehow, a washer had gotten up into the flywheel, and when I started it, it destroyed my brand new alternator.  Not only that, it tore the bolt holes completely off  of the motor head, so now I need to send the entire thing in to be repaired professionally.  What SHOULD have cost me $20 and an hour of labor, is now a weeks worth of work, $50 to date, 2 new tools, and who knows how much to replace the alternator, battery, and motor head cover, plus labor, pick up, and delivery.

Today, was a GOOD day!  Well, at least the evening was.  I went to hockey tonight, and found my missing sock, so that made me happy ($15 for a pair of Under Armour socks, you don't want to just lose one!), and then our team went out on the floor and WON OUR FIRST GAME!  What made this win especially great for us, is that the team we were playing was tied in wins/losses, so the winner goes on next week to the playoffs!  All of our many practices and hard work paid off, as we played beautifully.  I got me a goal, so that felt pretty good too!