Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 42389 times)

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #465 on: April 17, 2010, 10:22:27 PM »
Yeah it pretty much ruined my weekend.....

But damn all that trouble you went through, and bang...a fluke thing too happen.
Sure we're not related?
That kind of shit happens too me all the time.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #466 on: April 17, 2010, 10:49:35 PM »
Well, my last name is Newell, and I'm pretty sure that translates into "Those who God shall smite at every turn."  I think my family crest is a member of my family, underneath God as He craps all over us!

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #467 on: April 17, 2010, 11:30:33 PM »
went to supernova in Melbourne Today with the wife and and kids and my folks, it was a Great day, took a few pics but with my internet down to 64kbs i cant even look at any new pics being posted till the 22nd this month let alone post any

i picked up some good deals, got 5 Deviss's ROTS and red and white card and a ROTJ Luke all for $70 AUSD

also, ART FX Blue Senate Guard for $95 that will go very nice next to my ART FX Royal Guard!!

and 2 x Geonosis Assault battle packs for $40 each, and a ROTS Target exclusive clone for $20

so all in all i got some Great deals
Supernova is a great con eh Trev?.....

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #468 on: April 18, 2010, 07:15:05 AM »
Well, I managed to slide off to a big city yesterday - a Target, two WalMarts, and a Hobby Lobby.

At HL, picked up a foam-core bevel cutter on clearance - makes 90* and 45* cuts.  Should work quite well for dio-building.  Also picked up a large sheet of 3mm "foamie" for making details, and basswood sheets in two sizes.  With a 40% any one item coupon, I also picked up another box of HSIII. 

WalMarts - nada.  Their stock was no better than that I have access to out here in the woods.

Target - Picked up a Joe and a generic sci-fi trooper that should see use soon.  Scored a Geonosis Arena 2-pack with Jango and Trebor.  They had all the others, as well, so I may break down and go back for more, especially since...  I bought SIX TCW figs, because they had the Clone Cash in the bottom!!  SCORE!!!  Until I looked at one and discovered the coupons EXPIRED on the FIRST OF APRIL!!!  So since I don't exactly WANT TCW fig's, I'll be going back to the store with them to exchange them.  Prolly for Arena 2-packs.  Boy was I aggravated.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #469 on: April 18, 2010, 07:51:10 AM »
That sucks, Doc.  I hope the packs are still in stock, when you go back.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #470 on: April 18, 2010, 08:58:11 AM »
Dang, Doc!  Did they have more of the Arena 2-Packs with Jango in them?  I'd love to get a couple of those.  Let me know if they did and we can work something out.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #471 on: April 18, 2010, 10:35:33 AM »
No sir, I got the only Jango pair they had.  They had 6 sets, iirc - one "complete set" and one extra pair.  I'm considering getting them all so I can make molds of the "exclusive" Jedi heads.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #472 on: April 18, 2010, 02:28:35 PM »
Feeling a bit better today. Machael(Cimter) came over today to talk customs since his computer is still down. He found a CW  BLY  for Jaxon and made his day. Then Jax took him into his room and showed him the Dark Child in Palpatines office he has been playing with. You guys are in for a treat when his computer is up and running, he showed me 4 customs he is working on. We talked about the Kelsian,SP?, a snake like alein I have been working on and he gave me a few great ideas of how to finish him up. Just about done painting him now and will be working on some soft goods to wrap it up.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #473 on: April 18, 2010, 03:43:01 PM »
All the wind blew down a tree on my driveway. Found out my Husky still starts after two years of just leaving it set. I am officially an orange junky now. No way you leave a powersaw sit that long and not have it gummed up, but it worked awesome. Ofcourse I found out why I don't use it much. Daggone maul wasn't any fun either.

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #474 on: April 18, 2010, 07:55:50 PM »
Well, my last name is Newell, and I'm pretty sure that translates into "Those who God shall smite at every turn."  I think my family crest is a member of my family, underneath God as He craps all over us!

I think, perhaps that we have some relation some where. Because Im fairly certain that my last name means the same thing.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #475 on: April 19, 2010, 04:38:04 AM »
LOL!

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #476 on: April 19, 2010, 10:05:07 AM »
It actually means "one who works with metal", but I THINK THEY some how screwed up an meant someone else with our last name.

Today I went to home depo and spent 660 dollars

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #477 on: April 19, 2010, 12:29:55 PM »

Ouch, you buy a new mower too?

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #478 on: April 19, 2010, 05:25:59 PM »

Ouch, you buy a new mower too?

I wish, but no.

I bought some 2 bys, drywall, panelling, flooring, paint, lighting and etc for a room revamp I have scheduled.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #479 on: April 26, 2010, 03:00:24 PM »
Hey guys I don't know how long my computer will hold out this time, but I am semi back as L.E. told you I was down for sometime, and I may still go down if it happens again we plan on getting a new computer, but until then it will be sporadic, I have got a few customs to showcase if this computer lasts until then.

Anycase my Job is going fine and I love it, the only downside is when we don't have patients, everything else is ploding along with the same old same old.