Author Topic: Star Wars The Bad Batch  (Read 25542 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Star Wars The Bad Batch
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2021, 01:02:04 AM »
I watched the latest Episode Bounty lost yesterday and I don't want to be too negative about the show. If this is made for kids I can understand that Omega is an important character also to identify with: The brave girl. And I seriously think that's good. Didn't we have this in another trilogy as well? Can't remember. Kathleen Kennedy got a nice T-shirt with "The Force is female".
Anyhew I agree with DarthHawk. That's also what I was trying to say in my previous comment: Omega got so much screen time over the past episodes that it doesn't feel to be about The Bad Batch anymore. It feels more like her own series. I figure there are some similarities to The Mandalorian. Omega has become the person of interest, the bounty as The Child became the main element of the show.

I'd rather see more of the adventures of The Bad Batch and Din Djarin in the 3rd season again.
But I have to say when I watched shows on TV as a kid I didn't care at all about the particular development of each episode. I just enjoyed watching the characters I like on TV.
I could leave it here.

But to me the art of STAR WARS is to inspire and to be brilliant. Of course not every single episode can exceed expectations, but George did a fantastic job on world and character building. I miss his good stories.

The fight between the two Bounty Hunters was nice. But plot armor steals the point for me. There's no tension and they'd never kill off Bane in such a gap filling fight.

That's what I miss in this show 9 episodes later: The Point
I guess Cloning has become a thing. So many people out there still rate Attack of the Clones as the worst episode of the entire Skywalker Saga. So I suppose Disney's Lucasfilm decided to hop on that train and talk more about Clones! The last of their episodes deals with Snoke being a Clone without any purpose, The Mandalorian tries to explain Snoke as a Clone and now we finally have a FEMALE Clone as well! Applause please.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 06:17:41 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2021, 05:36:00 AM »
Darth Hawk I found myself nodding on all your points. Way too much Omega and too little BB. They didn't even rescue Omega, well not much anyhow.

I think Filoni is trying to create a new Ahsoka in Omega to continue his own stamp on Star Wars in general. It just feels forced to me and I so agree. I was left wondering if we are ever gonna see Bad Batch as tough again. I don't see why we can't have a tough Bad Batch with a sprinkling of Omega in here, but I do agree she is taking over the show. I guess its for kids. Grumble. Grumble!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2021, 05:42:23 AM »
I am taking these rants to the front pages.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2021, 12:34:48 AM »
Whelp, atleast its better than the sequal trilogy!

You’d think a show about clones would be awesome, but here we have another show that follows the other disney properties’ formula: Groot, Grogu, Omega…

I’ll keep watching cuz im a die hard SW / clone fan… but im not dying to watch it every Fri…. That says something…

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2021, 05:02:32 PM »
Whelp, atleast its better than the sequal trilogy!

You’d think a show about clones would be awesome, but here we have another show that follows the other disney properties’ formula: Groot, Grogu, Omega…

I’ll keep watching cuz im a die hard SW / clone fan… but im not dying to watch it every Fri…. That says something…

Better than  the sequels?? debbie does dallas and behind the green door were better than the sequels. ::)
I too do not wait with enthusiastic anticipation. Actually some of the episodes I haven't watched until Sunday or Monday. I get around to it when I have time rather than making the time no matter what is planned for Friday.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2021, 06:06:59 AM »
It was interesting to see the comments this garnered on our Facebook Page. It was kinda fifty fifty. Some folks seem to think its ok to keep doing this with Omega and some folks are like me in that they can do with less Omega and more Bad Batch.

I am wondering how much Disney sees the money in this type of storyline since Ahsoka and Grogu did so well. Still though it is nice to have new Star Wars period to whine about! And I am not against Omega, but would like to see more of the squad and let them kick butt!

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2021, 08:17:00 AM »
That was a pretty fun episode. It was interesting to note that the bad batch only set blasters to stun. Rather than live ammunition.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2021, 04:43:17 PM »
I agree, it was a pretty fun episode. Better than the last 5,6 or 7. But that wouldn't have taken much to conceive and create.
A WHOLE LOT LESS OMEGA WAS REALLY REFRESHING. She did however show us what a spoiled, selfish, self centered, self seeking, conceited, self absorbed adolescent she really is.
If we learned anything from this chapter it's that clone troopers can't shoot any straighter or aim any better than stormtroopers. Doesn't matter if they are using blasters or the tanks cannon. It's apparent that the emperors/Kamino training school isn't keen on sharpshooter training. ()rr
It was nice to see the B.B. finally had a chance to display their skills and talents.
We were given the opportunity to see their tech capabilities, strategy talents and weapons training. Plus we observed how fluid they can move as a team, quickly think and react as situations develop and be the Bad Ass, Kick Butt team we have been waiting to see.
I thought it was a nice touch that the Bad Boys only use the stun setting when fighting clones.
A nice show of respect to their fellow brothers.
Unfortunately I believe this is a one and done episode. I don't know how anyone can interpret the ending to be anything less than little O will become a more integral part of their strategy planning and mission execution. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2021, 10:58:28 PM »
As much as I enjoy the show. I can understand and agree with all of you on the "omega factor". While its a neat wrap up of the clone story arc... It makes me wonder what the implications are in the future since she is fett's sister and only family(ish). Honestly makes me scared of the old rumor that KK was planning on retcon'n Fett into a lady in a big reveal... Like she was FETT in ROTJ and escaped the sarlacc or something stupid like we "haven't SEEN boba since TCW" making his appearance in Mando his 1st in the armor  😵
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 11:09:00 PM by (SID) »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2021, 04:48:29 AM »
Yeah, as much as I liked this episode because it mainly centered on BB, I was left groaning at the end with Omega showing a gift for strategy. I do agree it was one more thing to make sure she is always with the team now. It was nice to see them kicking butt and blowing stuff up.

It was interesting to read that a lot of folks, when I posted about the Omega Factor on FB, argued that she was an "integral" part of the story now and needed to be the main focus. I mean the name of the show is Bad Batch right? Maybe there is something I am not seeing?

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2021, 04:16:43 AM »
Best. Episode. Since the first. That was great! FINALLY we see Clone Cpt. Ballast. I see a lot of Rex in him. You can tell he isn't comfortable with the Empire's tactics. I think he will become important going forward.

Great connections from Rebels. I enjoyed it.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2021, 10:03:41 AM »
I'm very glad to hear that, RC! I'm going to watch the 10th episode on Tuesday.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2021, 07:24:36 AM »
Cool, I will watch this and Black Widow today.

Gotta love Disney +

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2021, 09:15:21 AM »
The only thing that would have made this episode perfect is if omega hadn't been in the episode at all.
Thankfully the big "O" had minimal minutes and the focus was on Herra.
This was a great episode despite the B.B. having very little screen time. I call this one a setup episode.
Don't be surprised if next weeks focus is on the B.B. rescuing Hera's parents from the empire.
I really liked the sense of this weeks show. Had a bit of a Rogue One feel to it.
The Rebels tie in was a nice touch and added some good background to Hera's character as well as showing the true evil of the new galactic empire.
There's only one thing I don't understand. In the previous episode the B.B. had fulfilled their debt to Cid.
Soooooo, why are they still appearing to be Cid's beck and call errand boys?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2021, 04:54:49 AM »
This seemed like an episode of Rebels. Bad Batch was in it for about a minute? It was nice seeing the Clone vehicles too. I would assume Bad Batch breaks em out next week.