Author Topic: TheCloneCommander customs  (Read 16454 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Re: TheCloneCommander customs
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2009, 07:34:21 AM »
CC, Hold on there you nutter I can;t keep up....

This is looking very nice indeed.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2009, 10:07:09 AM »
Great start!!  Can't wait ta see you blend him all together.  Interestingly, I'll be using the same Red Mando in my next Mando custom.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2009, 10:24:09 AM »
its custom city here!  trev ya gonna have to do a youtube "evolution of a custom update"(god what have i started!) lol
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »
this is gonna be a good one. I like the start!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2009, 04:22:09 PM »
btw... a note on the broken peg when boiling.  You probably just waited a tad too long after boiling it to pop that one out.  You don't want to have to force it.  If one is giving you trouble reboil it before trying any harder with it. 

I've of course steered away from boil and pop as I've begun focusing on gi-joe figs instead of standard star wars figs.  What I will usually do if there IS a star wars part that I need, like a lower arm or shin or boot, I will use the exacto knife to cut a groove into the OTHER part which has the peg in it, the loosens the socket of course and allows the peg to be popped right out.  OF course I usually just toss the part I've cut into and don't reuse it...  I have however, reused cut parts after i've put new pegs back into it and gently (and sparingly) glued the cut back together.  with a coat of paint over it you never notice the cut unless you look realy realy realy hard.

just some ideas to think about.

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2009, 05:45:47 PM »
Great start!!  Can't wait ta see you blend him all together.  Interestingly, I'll be using the same Red Mando in my next Mando custom.

... yeah? Awesome Doc i only used them because i have 4 each of them...Oh Boy the Pressure is on now  :-X... lol  ;D... doc... now I'm double guessing my paint choices... *Deep breaths Deep Breaths*
are you using the whole body Doc or swapping limbs? i will have to keep and eye out on your progress

btw... a note on the broken peg when boiling.  You probably just waited a tad too long after boiling it to pop that one out.  You don't want to have to force it.  If one is giving you trouble reboil it before trying any harder with it. 

I've of course steered away from boil and pop as I've begun focusing on gi-joe figs instead of standard star wars figs.  What I will usually do if there IS a star wars part that I need, like a lower arm or shin or boot, I will use the exacto knife to cut a groove into the OTHER part which has the peg in it, the loosens the socket of course and allows the peg to be popped right out.  OF course I usually just toss the part I've cut into and don't reuse it...  I have however, reused cut parts after I've put new pegs back into it and gently (and sparingly) glued the cut back together.  with a coat of paint over it you never notice the cut unless you look realy realy realy hard.

just some ideas to think about.

Thanks for the tips Spud we don't have alot of Joe figures here so are a bit limited to just SW but that fine... we Aussie's are use to being limited in the toy business....
the boil and pop was my first time so i was not sure how much force was needed till i found the breaking point lol
one thing i would like to know is how to put one back in.. i tried last night but as you know the socket is much bigger then the hip hole and with it being soft i could NOT get the pressure i need to pop it back in... like i said "first time" so i ended up popping the hip apart and sliding them in and glued it back together .... also Yes his neck is that long... after i saw how long it was i was tempted to see if a Komino head would fit on lol

Thanks for all your Great comments so far guys it inspires me to keep going, to do more customs... i don't know why but there seems to be a bit more pressure with this custom in the fact that i am posting up progress shots for you guys and its like your all sitting next to me waiting to see how it turns out lol i feel like i have 30 eyes.. all just looking at me ROFL

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2009, 06:51:45 PM »
Hello, I love this new Mando you are working on. The leg swap is a nice change up, just wondering what color scheme you will be using on him? For the broken leg, I would try to use a wooden dowel for attaching it to SW crotches od dremel it out to fit on a Joe  ball piece.

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2009, 07:36:10 PM »
hello LS Nice to meet you at the moment i have Bronze shins guards, Grey under garment , Blue knee guards and Red shoes with bronze highlites i will take some photos very soon to see what you guys think.. thanks for the tip on the leg mate will work on that in the future  ;D

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2009, 08:52:47 PM »
well i couldn't wait for some base coat spray so i opted for white paint brushed on lightly i think it turned out OK
here are some update shots what the color scheme will look like

*** edit: forget the Red shoes i scraped that idea and have now painted them Blue ***
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 11:34:46 PM by TheCloneCommander »

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2009, 07:00:41 AM »
just a little update shot of my mando, from this morning i did away with the red boots and the black around the calves looking at this photo the "bronze" looks kinda orange!!
i have gotten most of the body done.  All that is needed now are all  the fiddley bits, need to do the fine details and ink wash the ammo belts,
some weathering and scuff marks to make him look battle worn. i hope you guys like what you see...
because i am doing this stage by stage, in the back of my mind i am thinking you guys will look at this and think why would you do it  in these colors?

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2009, 07:12:25 AM »

... yeah? Awesome Doc i only used them because i have 4 each of them...Oh Boy the Pressure is on now  :-X... lol  ;D... doc... now I'm double guessing my paint choices... *Deep breaths Deep Breaths*
are you using the whole body Doc or swapping limbs? i will have to keep and eye out on your progress

Hey, we all know you can't usually judge the direction a custom is going paint-wise until you actually finish it.  ;)  As for my own guy, I'm figuring on doing at least some arm-swapping - my fig has a pretty heinous gap-issue in the right arm.  I'm not completely decided on what replacements I'll be using yet.  It'll likely end up being from some poor GI Joe fig.  ;D  I tell ya, I'm glad they did a little extra sculpting on that red fig rather than just a straight repaint like most of the others.  That's why I'm using him - something different.

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2009, 07:20:57 AM »
ditto Doc he is the best looking one sculpt wise... the one that was going to be Kal Skirata is just hideous
poor GI Joe  ;D i wish we had more of a range of joes here i could really get some useful stuff off of them
Best of luck with your Mando custom buddy  ;D

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2009, 08:45:31 AM »
Looking good there , Trevor. With the reflection, I can see that bronze pretty well.

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2009, 03:02:34 AM »
Hey Hey Hey guys!! ;D Today i have finished my mando custom i think it turned out well.
i hope you guys like it i will take a few more photos tomorrow with natural light so you get a better look at it,
the  flash it taking away some of the detail i spent forever on!!
Looking at the head after a repaint he kind of  reminds me of Edward Norton lol

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2009, 04:38:33 AM »
Nice work!!  I hope mine comes off half as well as this one did!