Author Topic: Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett - with SPOILERS  (Read 9501 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett - with SPOILERS
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2022, 11:52:06 PM »
There is so much to unpack this episode. So many references and appearances to be had. And I think I know who's going to replace Grogu for the interim of The Mandalorian. I think I'll have to watch this one a few times to unpack it all....
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2022, 06:49:43 AM »
I keep wondering what he made Grogu with the beskar. Anyone think a Finger Trap would be bad? LOL.

I also keep thinking the Armorer said that beskar was meant to only be armor, but what about the little darts (whistling birds or some such) she made for his guantlet? I am definitely wavering on "the way".

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2022, 11:05:13 AM »
I keep wondering what he made Grogu with the beskar. Anyone think a Finger Trap would be bad? LOL.

I also keep thinking the Armorer said that beskar was meant to only be armor, but what about the little darts (whistling birds or some such) she made for his guantlet? I am definitely wavering on "the way".

I guess she means like large scale weapons but you are right. Odd indeed.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2022, 04:53:17 PM »
  Yeah she was like, you can't use beskar as a weapon, next scene uses beskar as a weapon. I never really liked the armorer. Paz vizla was kind of a jerk. But mando needing to prove himself to her is a reason to go to mandalor. Seeing mando use the DS to cut down bounties is like someone using a samurai sword to cut cheese. That's really not what it's made for, especially considering its significance.

Looks like she made chain mail. I heard an interesting theory that whatever armor he got helped him survive kylo Ren's massacre.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2022, 05:03:33 PM »
That's an interesting theory JDeck. I'd like to see how all this connects with the sequels (as much as I dislike them).

Based off how broken Luke is by the sequel trilogy, I would assume someone as significant as Grogu would have died even though I do not want that to happen.

Yeah she was like, you can't use beskar as a weapon, next scene uses beskar as a weapon. I never really liked the armorer. Paz vizla was kind of a jerk. But mando needing to prove himself to her is a reason to go to mandalor. Seeing mando use the DS to cut down bounties is like someone using a samurai sword to cut cheese. That's really not what it's made for, especially considering its significance.

Looks like she made chain mail. I heard an interesting theory that whatever armor he got helped him survive kylo Ren's massacre.

I guess she means like large scale weapons but you are right. Odd indeed.

It's just like how Din Djarin tried to give Bo-Katan the DS but turned it down even though she took it from Sabine. This was somewhat retained I guess by what the Armorer said in the latest episode, only to do this whole Beskar no weapon thing after lol.

I think that's the point. To show how Din Darin's outgrown his old life but is still clinging on like JDeck mentioned earlier. Feels like all the Armorer does is send Mando on ridiculous quests that has a low chance of success but each time he comes back from them. And yes, Paz is a jerk lol

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2022, 04:58:33 AM »
Yeah, I kind of thought ring mail armor, but seemed like the package was too small for that. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2022, 07:50:44 AM »
The thing about Bo Katan taking the Darksaber from Sabine is, she basically cursed Mandalor by doing so. Under her watch the Empire destroyed what was left of the planet. At this point, even if she won the darksaber in battle, no one would take her seriously after what had happened. I hope mando becomes the leader, that would be cool. I was hoping sabine would have taken a crack at it, that would have been great character development for her. But she gave it away, and pretty much doomed mandalor.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2022, 07:59:18 PM »
I agree JD. I was hoping for some dynamic hand to hand combat between The Mandalorian
and Bo Katan. But alas, non George Lucas Star Wars disappoints again.
Katie Sackoff vs Pedro Pascal???? That's a hand to hand tussle Pedro fantasizes about but can only experience in his night time dreams.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2022, 08:12:29 PM »
Oh im sure bo and Din are going to fight it out. Bo Katan has a combination of an obsession with power and a sense of entitlement to the throne. At this point it's too early. Mando doesn't even know how to use the Darksaber, nor does he really have the desire to own it, and take the responsibilities that come with it. Maybe with his trip to mandalor, he'll be less reluctant. Sometimes the reluctant leaders are the best, because they don't care about the power, therefore cannot be corrupted by it.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2022, 11:48:08 PM »
Oh im sure bo and Din are going to fight it out. Bo Katan has a combination of an obsession with power and a sense of entitlement to the throne. At this point it's too early. Mando doesn't even know how to use the Darksaber, nor does he really have the desire to own it, and take the responsibilities that come with it. Maybe with his trip to mandalor, he'll be less reluctant. Sometimes the reluctant leaders are the best, because they don't care about the power, therefore cannot be corrupted by it.

I think this is what they are going for with that exact message. And we should also note that the Darksaber itself is fighting him. Sabers are known to reject their users if they are not aligned properly. This is from both legends and Canon and well documented.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2022, 04:09:48 AM »
Man, great theories folks. Sure can't wait till tomorrow and we get a new episode. Am I bad for hopings its a new episode of the Mandalorian?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2022, 08:50:08 AM »
Yeah that last episode kind of derailed and upstaged the boba fett story. At this point I'm more interested in the Mandalorian. I figured with the flashbacks being done, it would start getting really good. Still though. Can't wait for tomorrow's episode.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 01:03:02 PM by JDeck »

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2022, 08:04:58 PM »

Soooooo, if I am understanding you correctly the darksaber is something like Thor's hammer.
Only someone who is worthy can wield the Darksaber of Mandalore.
That would mean that Din will have to lose the DS by battling another mando and the victor will become the true leader of Mandalore.
If this is what has to happen then how does it tie into The Book of Boba Fett and the final battle that this series has been leading up to?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2022, 09:21:01 PM »
Absolutely nothing. Unless either Boba Fett kills Din, takes the darksaber and rules mandalor, or Din learns leadership skills from boba fett. Boba Fett's style of leadership is about creating allies as opposed to enemies. In order for Din to unite the mandalorians he'll have to find common ground, which will be difficult seeing he's from an extreamist fringe sect of mandalorians. But he has been willing to work along with and even accept other mandalorians, which is actually a big deal, seeing as how by his beliefs, mandalorians can't even remove their helmets.  If he can bend his own rules perhaps he can be a mediator and unite the mandalorians and become Mandalor the Uniter.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2022, 04:07:13 AM »
Is anyone imagining a scene where the Armorer and the Heavy Mando join up and start learning the "New Way"?

I am seeing Din starting a new movement that is legitamzied through him using the Darksaber as Mandos from all over know it (the darksaber) won't let someone who is not worthy wield it.

Kind of like a modern day Excalibur or Thor's Hammer.

It would make for an awesome story arc.

You know Bo Katan ain't gonna like it though, until she gets her butt kicked by Din or maybe Grogu.

Hey, when we gonna talk about Boba again? LOL. I guess we have the new episode now so time to stay off the internet and here till I watch it. Happy viewing folks.