Author Topic: Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett - with SPOILERS  (Read 10197 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett - with SPOILERS
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2022, 04:25:03 PM »
Well this topic is going interesting places. Piercings and tatoos! LOL times a thousand.

Still, I definitely felt a few sparks coming from Fett and the Tusken. It could just be comraderie and warrior respect, but relationships have started out in crazier circumstances right?

It would be interesting to see Boba persue a romance arc. I mean who would have thunk it right?

Jango had a lot of women. But Boba is even more of a ladies man in the EU. So this is very possible. And her man appears to be dead now, based on the last episode...
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2022, 06:35:10 PM »
I think she's dead too. He threw 3 gaffi sticks in the fire including tiny Tim's crutch. Personally I'm glad we're done with the Tusken story. It's like baby yoda, it's cool but it was getting old. I like the pykes, yeah they don't look like the pykes in tcw, but it goes along with the look of quay tolsite in solo. I need more pyke figures in 3.75. I'm glad to see the rancor rumor confirmed. Seeing boba fett on the throne and in various scenes really does remind me of a diamyo in samurai movies. Even the way he rules seems wise. The vespa chase was the most cliche chase ever. It was good though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2022, 04:06:56 AM »
I am not convinced she is dead yet. She probably fled to a different tribe. I have a feeling we have more Tuskens incoming. I have a feeling Fett is gonna mobilize them against the Pikes.

And we get our Rancor! It was cool seeing Johnny Trejo as the new Rancor Keeper. I can't wait to see Boba riding this bad boy like the witches of Dathomir! Great stuff.

It will be interesting to see who is behind all these incursions with the mayor.

Not sure about the young toughs yet, but liked their bikes.

And we are gonna get our Wookie Gladiator back at some point too.

Anyone else like me rewatching and rewatching just to see all the neat environmental stuff with each scene. I mean its a diorama heaven!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2022, 06:04:01 AM »
  A common theme in boba Fett's life is that he's searching for a family, but they keep getting killed. His father died at a young age, he got in a bounty hunting crew, who sort of abandoned him. Then he joined jabba's denizens, that didn't work. That's why he liked the Tuskens so much they were a big family. The chieftain dad and the big sis/mom warrior and the little brother tusken kid.
The rancor is a lot like boba. Bred for fighting but he's sad and lonely. That's why boba took right to him. The rancor keeper jonny trjo which is awesome to have him in star wars  wanted the rancor for himself and to be the one the rancor sees forst, but he saw hiw much boba liked him and literally stepped aside.
Boba's sydicate is often refered to as a family. His method of growing his family is to show mercy with hopes in gaining an ally. I'm sure Krrrsantan will show up again.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2022, 06:38:44 AM »
My favorite part of the latest episode LOL
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2022, 11:31:28 AM »
I don't think she's dead neither - Not sure if the chief was in that scene at the Tusken camp. Have to watch it again to check. I really liked those new Tuscan's and seeing Boba call on them against the Pykes would be a good finale!

Also, an armored Rancor that looks like a Basilisk would be so cool!
I am not convinced she is dead yet. She probably fled to a different tribe. I have a feeling we have more Tuskens incoming. I have a feeling Fett is gonna mobilize them against the Pikes.

And we get our Rancor! It was cool seeing Johnny Trejo as the new Rancor Keeper. I can't wait to see Boba riding this bad boy like the witches of Dathomir! Great stuff.

It will be interesting to see who is behind all these incursions with the mayor.

Not sure about the young toughs yet, but liked their bikes.

And we are gonna get our Wookie Gladiator back at some point too.

Anyone else like me rewatching and rewatching just to see all the neat environmental stuff with each scene. I mean its a diorama heaven!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2022, 05:18:29 AM »
I am pretty sure the cheiftan is dead as I remember the necklace thing he wore when Boba came back from talking to the Pikes. I am guessing we are gonna see the Pikes as the main culprits in that hit btw.

I don't see Boba giving up on finding more Tuskens and eventually the gal warrior again. I know some folks are tired of the Tusken theme, but I am loving it.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2022, 03:07:41 PM »
This was a great episode. I'm still not a big fan of Boba's nicey nicey touchy feely brand of leadership but it allows for a lot of action in the story line.
But as I said a great episode. Boba is slowly aquiring allies and alliances. Not just the Tuscans but now a biker gang (which i think have connections that will appear in a later episode) but yet unseen and possibly unknown collaborators that will appear and bolster the battle capabilities of Fett in his time of need. If Krrsantan follows the Wookie philosophy of owing a life debt to someone that saves their life then will he bring in the members of the Bounty Hunters Guild to fight and protect Boba Fett? Could we see an army of enraged Wookies storming the enemies front lines when the inevitable Tatooine battle of the century occurs?
Will Boba Fett lead the charge of his allies and armies against his enemies riding on the shoulders of his Rancor?
Or better yet, will the "twins" visit Boba in his palace and be dropped through the floor and come face to face with the Rancor? That would be poetic justice don't you think?
I think this episode is the initial setup for what we will see in 2 or 3 weeks.
BRING ON NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 03:09:39 PM by DarthHawk »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2022, 08:10:36 AM »
Seeing some Hutts in the Rancor Pit would be awesome. Gotta wonder now if the HasLab Rancor have failed had Hasbro timed the release better? No doubt if Boba rides it we are gonna have to get a version of it.

Man, I am seeing a lot of hate for the cyberpunks biker gang and especially their bikes. I am guessing we all got used to the grungy sandy ROTJ speeder type bikes from the OT, but I could sure see a bunch of youngsters tricking out their bikes and keeping them clean. Now, would I go out and buy one of these if Hasbro made it? Probably not, but I think the infusion of new blood and stuff in general is good for Star Wars.

All of it ain't gonna be perfect, but just doing the same thing over and over again ain't the way either! Just my two cents and you know what that will buy you!

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2022, 09:53:53 AM »
Your absolutely right Tamer. I am amazed at how much hate is being spewed toward this show.
The biker gang, their bikes, the Tuscans, the fact that Fett's helmet antennae is bent and Boba Fett himself.
Everything about this show is being treated as if its been created, produced and stars no nothing starwars bufoons.
Given the extreme amount of criticism we are hearing I have come up with what I think is the solution that will satisfy the hate mongers.

For all of the siskel and eberts out there that are offering nothing but constant criticisms, character condemnation and story line scorching there is a very simple solution to the obstacles you're encountering and the requirements you are demanding.
Get yourself hired by disney/Lucasfilm. Then you will have the opportunity to offer your sure fire award winning ideas, have them produced by the studio/company and you will then be content with the Star Wars product that is being aired on disney+.
Again, it's simple. Get yourself hired by disney.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2022, 07:40:43 AM »
That or if you really don't like it just stop watching it?

I mean why watch a show you just get ticked off about? Or is society in general becoming troll like?

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2022, 08:22:52 AM »
That or if you really don't like it just stop watching it?

I mean why watch a show you just get ticked off about? Or is society in general becoming troll like?

Pretty much sums it up. I like this show. It's not perfect, no piece of cinema is. Even the OT (which OT purists throw around like the gospel) has plenty of continuity errors, editing mistakes, and weak plot points. "But the mysticism! Nothing needs an explanation!" - if you have to make your own head canon to make something make sense that's weak story telling. Be that the prequels, OT, or sequels. I'm just saying. But people really seem to make this argument that nothing needs an explanation or background (characters, events, etc). And I don't necessarily agree with that. I also think that the same camp looks at the OT with a very set of nostalgia glasses and refuses to acknowledge the issues that were in place at the time. There were also technological restrictions at the time the movies were made that limited the vision Lucas had (which is why 1-3 had to come out decades later once technology caught up).

At least with The Clone Wars we got to re-visit the prequels and fill the holes that episodes 1-3 did not have the time to tell given the grand scale of the story. And that show definitely made those movies more complete with that background. Re-watching those movies in conjunction with the animated series did make them stronger than on their own.

I guess what I'm saying here is this: don't knock down other fans, but at the same time acknowledge the issues each trilogy/spinoff has. None of them are perfect. I challenge people to do something that most society has forgotten to do: have friends with different opinions.

P.S. - let's face one more fact nobody is acknowledging: this show does not have a Grogu (aka baby yoda). Can we REALLY say The Mandalorian would have had as many subscriptions to Disney+ and stand on it's own without him? I'm going to say definitely not. I'd love to see viewership/statistics on episodes with less/no baby Yoda versus those with more and I'm going to bet those numbers back up my claim.

Most people would not have bought into it. I can't even tell you how many spontaneous "star wars fans" (who until this point had no skin in the game and did not care for anything else but this show) have come out purely just for this single character because "aww he so cute!" I'm not trying to gatekeep but by the same flip of the coin a lot of the ones I've spoken with have never watched any other piece of Star Wars cinema, read any of the books, or comics. I.e., they would have nothing to do with this franchise without baby yoda.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 12:57:43 PM by RC-1136 »
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2022, 10:19:54 AM »
If you really want to see this show discussion go totally off the rails and become a bunch of personal vendettas check out the Rebel Scum website.
I contribute to both but my preferred go to site is hands down Imperial Shipyards.
The debates here never become personal destruction topics and the conversations are well thought out with respectful exchanges of ideas.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2022, 06:37:17 AM »
I can imagine what is going on in other places. Once again another reason we created this place. Still, I so agree with RC-1136 folks are allowed to have their opinion, but man there is a big difference between a critique and saying it has ruined Star Wars for you!

I also agree with the point about Baby Yoda. We have gotten to where we have to have the sweet little innocent character. I am sure Jon was encouraged to create something similar here and I am glad he didn't. Yet. You know they want characters like this so they can make millions on products. And it wouldn't surprise me if we see one introduced.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2022, 03:42:27 PM »
  I saw an interesting thing on the interwebs. This song from some Swedish movie is a lot like the theme song for TBOBF. Evidently the songwriter is also Swedish.

They're identical.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 03:45:43 PM by JDeck »