Author Topic: Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett - with SPOILERS  (Read 10198 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett - with SPOILERS
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2022, 04:52:22 AM »
Well we got to see how he got teamed up with Fennec in this episode and now we are gearing up for war. Man, loved seeing the Slave 1. Seeing it take out those Speeder Bikes was awesome.

I can't wait to see him take on the Pikes. My daughter showed me a new clip for next week's episode that had the Mandalorian in it too.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2022, 03:12:41 PM »
The Slave I hiest was awesome! I really thought that was well done...and I like how everything finally wrapped up. Now we are to current events and I want to see Boba take on the Pykes.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2022, 05:10:42 PM »
Well we got to see how he got teamed up with Fennec in this episode and now we are gearing up for war. Man, loved seeing the Slave 1. Seeing it take out those Speeder Bikes was awesome.

I can't wait to see him take on the Pikes. My daughter showed me a new clip for next week's episode that had the Mandalorian in it too.

Come on Tamer. SHOW US THE CLIP!!!!!!

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2022, 05:47:44 PM »
This show just gets better every week!!
How Boba teamed up with Fennec was awesome.
Can we now say: She's more machine than woman?
Boba showed us his negotiating talents. Skillful and masterful. He scared the living alien poodoo out of the syndicate bosses when they realized they were sitting on top of a Rancor.
The question now is will they continue to sit on the sidelines as they pledged or when the battle begins to turn away from Boba Fett will they rally together and swoop in to turn the tide of the battle?
Plus I still think Krssantan will play a role in the fight. I'm not sure how but I can't see him staying away and watching from the sidelines.
Really sucks to be part of a swoop bike gang. The gangsters failed to follow one of my universal rules of life. ALWAYS KNOW WHO YOU ARE F-----G WITH BEFORE YOU F--K WITH SOMEONE. They paid the highest price possible for not recognizing the vengefulness of their
victims.
Bye bye Sarlaac. I guess a sonic mine doesn't have the appropriate laxative effect you we're hoping for.
The only thing that was missing was how Boba acquired his old armor or had new armor made. If I missed something in this regards please let me know.
Now we have to wait another week (feels more like 3 years) for next weeks episode.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2022, 03:50:18 AM »
The only thing that was missing was how Boba acquired his old armor or had new armor made. If I missed something in this regards please let me know.

Have you watched The Mandalorian?  ;)

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2022, 03:57:15 AM »
  I saw an interesting thing on the interwebs. This song from some Swedish movie is a lot like the theme song for TBOBF. Evidently the songwriter is also Swedish.

Thanks for making us aware of this! The video you shared of the original theme was blocked by Universal - coincidence? I don't think so...looks like this show is another copy & paste project like the Sequel Trilogy.

Ronja och Rövardansen

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2022, 04:06:18 AM »
Hey Ron,

Yeah, don't want to spoil it for you, but in the Mandalorian there are a few episodes where Boba shows up and gets his armor back from Djin.

The only small loophole I see is how the armor got from the Jawas to the ole west gunslinger when Djin goes after it on Tatooine. Once again sorry if I am ruining the Mandalorian a bit for you. I might have to go back and watch some of those episodes.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2022, 06:25:52 AM »
  I saw an interesting thing on the interwebs. This song from some Swedish movie is a lot like the theme song for TBOBF. Evidently the songwriter is also Swedish.

Thanks for making us aware of this! The video you shared of the original theme was blocked by Universal - coincidence? I don't think so...looks like this show is another copy & paste project like the Sequel Trilogy.

Ronja och Rövardansen

I think knowing where it originates makes it a little better. At first I didn't like it. You have some music and then randomly HEY! that's pretty much all they did was add some either violen or celo instrumentals. Pretty much all star wars movies are cut and paste from something. Look at my movies that inspired star wars thread. Tesb is basically Flash Gordon conquors the universe. It doesn't make it any less of a movie. Jurassic park is cut and paste from jaws 3d. 

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2022, 10:03:50 AM »
That's a good point, JD. I feel the same about the Theme for Book of Boba Fett. It reminded me of The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey, the first time I heard it. I absolutely love the score by Howard Shore btw! But maybe I was a little harsh. We are all inspired by others - people and our environment. But so far my opinion about that show is: it has some good elements.
Still don't get over that slow-mo Punk Ranger chase on their Vespa in Mos Espa. I saw some of the content you shared about Japanese Ninja movies. I would probably recognize more if I knew more movies. Good point about Jurassic Park. That's why I didn't watch the other parts of Jurassic World because the first one tried to be the original one all over again. More content is one thing. But could they please come up with their own story. Where has the creativity gone?
There must be a reason why George Lucas became a billionaire for his creative mind.
There are so much awful movies and content out there.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2022, 06:51:26 PM »
Anyone watch the latest episode yet? How bout them Mandos?  bbfet

Or a good ole Naboo Fighter?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2022, 07:09:48 PM »
I watched it at like 3am i slept all afternoon and was awake all night. So I wasn't sure if I was hallucinating or not. It was an episode of the Mandalorian, i was not expecting that. As a Mandalorian episode it was great, but as a TBOBF episode it was disappointing. We have 2 more episodes left and I assume the next will be another Mandalorian episode, which I guess is great.

Mando has gone back to his comfort zone, but is finding out he doesn't belong there anymore, he's grown past bounty hunting and following that cult. But he keeps holding on.
The N1 was wizard. When he was flying close to the public transport, as an aspiring pilot I thought man he's gonna get in trouble with the FAA. Sure as hell he got stopped by the space cops. Thats another thing he's fighting, is cooperating with the new republic. With cara dune becoming a republic marshall, id think he'd be more open and cooperative, but he fell back into old habits.

At first I didn't like that he got a starfighter to replace the Crest. It's like if I replaced my work truck with a miata. But it represents him letting go and leaving bounty hunting. It's like the darksaber, the more you fight it, the harder it becomes.
I think he'll need some lightsaber training from either Luke, sabine or both.
It was interesting. It was good, but not as a TBOBF episode.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 07:24:06 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2022, 04:03:05 AM »
Yeah, I feel this was just a Mandalorian Episode to give those of us who miss it a fix till the new season comes out. I kind of feel cheated out of a Boba episode. Oh well it was great.

Man, are we gonna get a great new Naboo Starfighter or what. I mean that episode alone could mean a few years of Hasbro products. Lets hope they don't all become exclusives. Surely they will give us his new ship.

And yes JDeck I am assuming good ole Luke will be giving a bit of training for the darksaber. I mean he did say he is going to see a "little friend". What the heck did he get made for him out of that beskar spear? Kinda hated to see that get melted down.

And this is the way excommunication for taking your helmet off once seems to be a good way to not have a coven. I was thinking perhaps the Armorer was thinking it might be time to amend the way a bit. It will be interesting to see a mine on Mandalore though. I loved him taking out the heavy Mando too.

Offline MandoMuggle

• Lieutenant
  • This is the way!
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2022, 12:33:52 PM »
I watched it at like 3am i slept all afternoon and was awake all night. So I wasn't sure if I was hallucinating or not. It was an episode of the Mandalorian, i was not expecting that. As a Mandalorian episode it was great, but as a TBOBF episode it was disappointing. We have 2 more episodes left and I assume the next will be another Mandalorian episode, which I guess is great.

Mando has gone back to his comfort zone, but is finding out he doesn't belong there anymore, he's grown past bounty hunting and following that cult. But he keeps holding on.
The N1 was wizard. When he was flying close to the public transport, as an aspiring pilot I thought man he's gonna get in trouble with the FAA. Sure as hell he got stopped by the space cops. Thats another thing he's fighting, is cooperating with the new republic. With cara dune becoming a republic marshall, id think he'd be more open and cooperative, but he fell back into old habits.

At first I didn't like that he got a starfighter to replace the Crest. It's like if I replaced my work truck with a miata. But it represents him letting go and leaving bounty hunting. It's like the darksaber, the more you fight it, the harder it becomes.
I think he'll need some lightsaber training from either Luke, sabine or both.
It was interesting. It was good, but not as a TBOBF episode.

Those are some insightful callouts JDeck! It seemed really silly to me that Mando goes back to his old ways in S1 after all he's gone through from S1 to S2, but the metaphor of the Darksabers weight does fall in nicely with him and his life's current direction. I'm curious to see how the next episodes going to work out since he agreed to go with Fennec but said he needs to visit Grogu first. If the next episode is all about that, it'd be great but that takes another episode out of the supposed 7 that Boba only gets.

As much as I enjoyed this episode, it could have been saved for the S3 premier of Mando instead. Boba deserves all 7 episodes I think.

Yeah, I feel this was just a Mandalorian Episode to give those of us who miss it a fix till the new season comes out. I kind of feel cheated out of a Boba episode. Oh well it was great.

Man, are we gonna get a great new Naboo Starfighter or what. I mean that episode alone could mean a few years of Hasbro products. Lets hope they don't all become exclusives. Surely they will give us his new ship.

And yes JDeck I am assuming good ole Luke will be giving a bit of training for the darksaber. I mean he did say he is going to see a "little friend". What the heck did he get made for him out of that beskar spear? Kinda hated to see that get melted down.

And this is the way excommunication for taking your helmet off once seems to be a good way to not have a coven. I was thinking perhaps the Armorer was thinking it might be time to amend the way a bit. It will be interesting to see a mine on Mandalore though. I loved him taking out the heavy Mando too.

I really want that Naboo fighter lol. What are the chances of Hasbro making a 6" Naboo fighter? Sad to see the spear melted down. I think it became chain links of sorts? Interesting to see what it is. That coven of 2 Mandos aren't very nice. Armorer just sends Mando on quests and Paz is just an all around jerk. Mando doesn't really need them anymore and I think that goes back to JDeck's point of how Mando has outgrown his comfort zone.

I loved this episode overall and Peli Motto as a character is hilarious. Seeing that BD droid in live action quality CG was pretty cool too! Wonder if Cal Kestis will eventually get a live action cameo?

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2022, 06:08:05 PM »
This was a great episode of The Mandalorian.
I loved the opening but didn't expect the entire show to be all Mando and no Fett.
The ending was what I expected. Mando throwing in with Boba's eventual army.
It's going to be interesting to see how all of this comes together with only 2 episodes left.
Do you think the 1st season will end in a cliff hanger and we will have to wait until season 2
to find out who rallies to Boba Fett's side and see the big battle that solidifies Fett's stronghold on Jabba's former crime empire?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2022, 04:15:25 AM »
Wonder if Disney will pull the ole "Endgame" Trick on us like they did in Avengers. Wouldn't surprise me a bit.