Author Topic: The Acolyte  (Read 1194 times)

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
The Acolyte
« on: June 28, 2024, 05:49:31 PM »
Anyone watching this show??

Offline Darth Revenge

• Living Dead Sith
  • Colonel
    • Darth Revenge on FB
Re: The Acolyte
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2024, 03:18:06 AM »
Hi ;

I saw it 1 to 4 now. Just curious of how it will end.
Living Dead Never Die - There is no death, only the Dark Side

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 03:41:36 PM »
I have seen 1-5. It's not a bad show but I understand why there have been so many negative reviews
and an all time time low score on Rotten Tomatoes.
The lightsaber fight scenes are more than worth watching and the "sith?" dudes helmet is a new twist.
Unfortunately the Jedi are once again portrayed as a bunch of week a** p***ies that actually have no
grasp of what the force can provide to them.
Plus, just as it was in the prequels, the Jedi have yet to develop the skill to detect/sense the presence of
a dark side force user.
However I will say again, the lightsaber fights are worth the price of admission.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2024, 06:33:18 AM »
It was slow for me to warm up to this, but the last couple of episodes have been decent I think. Not sure what to think of this new Sith Lord though. Seems kinda wishy washy if I had to put a word on him so far.

Offline Darth Revenge

• Living Dead Sith
  • Colonel
    • Darth Revenge on FB
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2024, 05:12:01 AM »
I was waiting for a sequel, with other people at the helm (who said "woke" ?) , and I learned that the series was cancelled.

I think the drama about wokeness in this series is a bit exaggerated, that said the story would have deserved a better treatment, and last but not least, to avoid contradicting the established canon (amnesiac Ki-Adi Mundi for example).

With the cancellation, there is no chance of having more information on Qimir. I no longer buy books or comics, I do not play video games, and I cannot stand cartoons (the graphics make my eyes bleed, I tried Star Wars Rebels, and turned off the television after 3 minutes)
Living Dead Never Die - There is no death, only the Dark Side

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2024, 03:05:26 AM »
This sums it up for me. The final nail in the coffin. I hope Disney sell the franchise again (which will never happen) or put better people in charge (how about us?)!

The Acolyte Was a Piece of S*** by The Movie Cynic
Double-click for full screen view or click the link above the video to switch to YouTube. Press Esc to return to page. And please take everything with a grain of woke salt.