Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker Dioramas Updated 2-6 Han in carbonite display!  (Read 79566 times)

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
Re: Luke Sprywalker Dioramas Updated 9-12 Death Star Panels Final Details!
« Reply #255 on: September 21, 2012, 01:15:02 PM »
Thanks again for the kind words guys. Jason, borrow away my friend. A friend here sent me a link to the build you are talking about. It looks great and yea that ploter is awesome.

Hey, I think I've got some wall panels you don't have. I know I've got this wide wall panel that looks almost like a door. I'd be willing to let you borrow any wall panels your missing in order to make a mold & resin cast.

Jason

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #256 on: September 22, 2012, 05:51:50 AM »
Thanks Jason. I do have that panel but have not used it yet. Now the problem is I have been talking to MR. Lazer and he plans to get back into production and will be selling these again. So he has asked me NOT to cast and offer these for sale. So my casting is on hold, for now. I want to honor his request as long as he actualy makes these available again. If he doesn't I may be casting these anyway. I feel mine are different from his now even though I started with his creation. Mine will also cost more as I have done all the work for you and casting will cost more than MDF board. I still plan to sculpt the control panel and offer those for sale. Not sure what the future holds at this point, I will finish my dio but the panels won't be for sale from me at this point. Feel free to chime in amd let me know what everyone thinks about this situation.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #257 on: September 22, 2012, 06:51:40 AM »
I think he needs to get busy!  I had no idea these were even available until you posted them.

Offline M4K3R1

• "FEAR IS OUR ALLY"
  • Lieutenant
  • "CODE OF THE SITH ORDER"
« Reply #258 on: September 25, 2012, 02:01:45 AM »
Demand is so high for these walls and other pieces Mr Laser makes, but i have to say that if he doesnt get back into production soon, very soon, then you should cast those suckers.

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #259 on: September 26, 2012, 06:32:16 AM »
Disgusting..... THAT"S how I would describe my underwear after seeing more pix of this awesome work. You are the man, L.E.!

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #260 on: October 10, 2012, 09:10:28 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys! I agree, I hope these will be for sale one day. I wanted to share these pics of a few panels combined with the floring material I will be using.

Shiney huh?

Now for something completely different. I sold my old background walls for the Rebel Base so I want to scratch build a new one. It will be a generic base, not from a film, that can serve many purposes. I want it to have elements we have seen in various hangar bays/keep with traditional SW design. Below are the first WIP pics and I would love to hear some feedback. Do the purple girders look too real life like or are they OK? I kinda like how they break up the wall.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Luke Sprywalker Dioramas Updated 10-10 Death Star Panels and Something New!
« Reply #261 on: October 11, 2012, 12:13:00 AM »
Spry the DS walls with the glossy floor looks excellent. The hanger is coming along great and I personally like the girders.

Ron

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #262 on: October 11, 2012, 09:55:36 AM »
LE, this looks seriously cool, and another large pace forwards in your skills.

I'll be keeping my eye on this project...

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #263 on: October 11, 2012, 10:02:06 AM »
The Imperial Set is PERFECT!  Love the flooring.

The purple girders look fine.  It's probably the color that's weirding you out.   Once everything is painted, you won't even question.  Can't wait to see what it looks like finished!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #264 on: October 12, 2012, 07:47:34 AM »
Thanks for the votes of confidence guys. I went thru all my fodder bins looking for large pieces to create wall textures like you see in hangarbays with little success. I have some great pieces for random machinery though! So I went shopping at 2 thrift stores then lowes with great success. Also hit the dollar tree to se if they had any other choices for lights. BIG SCORE! I bought 7 of these awesome led lights because that is all they had. I will be going back for more of these in a few days. This is how they look.

Now for a little fun.

My camera battery died after these pics. I stayed up late and started cutting pieces to fit and gluing them together. I am about half way done with the back wall at this point and am pretty happy with how it is turning out. The plan is to take some pics durring lunch today to catch up with the progress. Stay tuned!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #265 on: October 12, 2012, 10:37:41 AM »
OK, this is what I have so far. I got 100 stainless steel coffee filter circles from a friend that makes washable filters. Cut them down and hot glued them to the back of the paver edging used at the bottom. Then I painted 2 different size dowel rods and glued them to the back of the edging. There is just enough light to see it thru the screen. Then I cut all the pieces I had decided on to fit the angled sides of the girders. I don't want to go any highier until I decide on another holding tank and do all the plumbing. The 3/4 inch PVC will also be run across the top of the back wall. I am trying to decide on colors to use so I have painted a few pieces black and some grey. I am thinking many shades of those colors and some silver for the most part. I also need to go study some of Hangarbay94's wall textures for some ideas. So, on with the pics!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Luke Sprywalker Dioramas Updated 10-12 Rebel Base!
« Reply #266 on: October 12, 2012, 02:50:21 PM »
I think this is looking awesome Spry and great pick ups on the odds and ends pieces. There isn't anything on the dio that doesn't look like it should not be there and this is going to look amazing with the vehicles and figures on it.

Ron

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #267 on: October 12, 2012, 08:04:47 PM »
If I were an action-fig, I'd want to work here.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #268 on: October 13, 2012, 04:47:38 AM »
I think Doc got it right as far as I am concerned. Brilliant Spry. Time for an fper.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #269 on: October 13, 2012, 06:07:13 AM »
HEY spry this looks fantastic  I can not wait to more updates and  see this completed . Brilliant choices of materials I love it !!!