Author Topic: Luke Sprywalker Dioramas Updated 2-6 Han in carbonite display!  (Read 79023 times)

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
Re: Luke Sprywalker Dioramas Updated 11-5 Customs for the Hangarbay!
« Reply #315 on: November 05, 2012, 08:06:04 PM »
HOLD ON JUST A SECOND!!!!

Is that a She-Hulk "We Can Do It" poster at the side of the Hangar bay?? It's either She-Hulk or a Green Twi'lek. I think we need a close up of that photo! There is sooooo much going on in this diorama it's amazing. And I totally love that custom Y-Wing with the Rebel insignia on the side of the cockpit!!

Jason
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:08:37 PM by jlw515 »

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #316 on: November 05, 2012, 08:09:52 PM »
Mate this dio looks awesome ! I love the fact its so busy and the mirror was a stroke of genius ,top marks LE  !
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #317 on: November 06, 2012, 07:11:06 AM »
Truly what  a rebel space hangarbay ought to look like. Back on the front page with the update.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #318 on: November 06, 2012, 07:53:15 AM »
Thanks Shawn, Jay and Jason! Jay, I plan on having 2 or with any luck 3 custom Y-Wings in the hangarbay for an upcoming shoot. You know what that means...
Jason, I have been waiting for someone to spot that poster! She Hulk it is for the win! I took a few close ups this morning and willl update soon.

For now, here are some shots of the completed vehicle maintenance stantion.

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #319 on: November 06, 2012, 08:09:25 AM »
EPIC! I love this dio!
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #320 on: November 06, 2012, 08:12:58 AM »
Spry,

This diorama is just so awesome. I'm looking over this thing and I am just amazed at the parts you've used to make such an mind blowing diorama!! I've one question for you, though. If you don't mind revealing one of your "trade secrets." In the picture below, on the left side are these two white barrel type things on the wall. Can we get a close up picture of those and maybe what you used to build them? Thanks.

Jason

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #321 on: November 06, 2012, 03:23:28 PM »
I haven't been on here lately,or as much as I would like,and that has caused me to miss this diorama. First I'll say something that's been said 100 times already,and that's how awesome this thing is. I truly wish I had this Hanger Bay to display my figures in. You've done what Hasbro,or any toymaker for that matter hasn't done,and that's build a realistic Star Wars base,(playset doesn't describe how awesome this thing is). This reminds me of the first Iron Man movie,where Obadiah says to the scientist ,"Tony Stark built this in a cave,with nothing but a few scraps!",then the scientist says "I'm sorry,I'm not Tony Stark.",only in this situation you're Tony Stark,your workshop is the cave,and the people at Hasbro are the scientists. ;D

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #322 on: November 06, 2012, 04:02:52 PM »
This is sweet this dio  gets better and better every time you show an update !!! awesome work

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #323 on: November 06, 2012, 04:17:00 PM »
I like that little blue ship with the moveable wing...  ;)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #324 on: November 07, 2012, 05:25:48 AM »
Tom, thanks, you know how much I love it too! For those that don't know, Tom started this vehicle and was not sure what direction to take. I talked him into trading it to me and letting me devellope the design further. Thanks so much buddy for letting her go. It is one of my all time favorite custom vehicles.

Thanks again for the kind words friends. Jason I have no trade secrets, just things I have learned over time and I love sharing this stuff with others. They were available with Chap Mai vehicles a few years ago. They may show up in Big Lots stores as we get closer to the Holidays. Here is a crappy pic of the vehicle they came with, I have 3 of them so far. If you look closely you can also find the engine to the chopper in the diorama.

JediMindtrix, thanks you my friend. That is a great analogy and one that makes me proud. Hope you can find more time to stop in our little corner of the galaxy.

Now I have another update! Nothing you have not seen before. Just better photos showcasing the Vehicle Maintenance Stantion. I am also thinking about adding a base under the legs to make it about 1/2 inch taller and a bit more sturdy.

I just need to edit my close up pics and I may be back later today with those. Thanks for stopping by.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 05:39:32 AM by Luke Sprywalker »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: Luke Sprywalker Dioramas Updated 11-7 Vehicle Maintenance Stantion!
« Reply #325 on: November 07, 2012, 05:42:20 AM »
This dio keeps getting better and better.  My phone woke me up at 4am with an alert telling me it was your birthday.  lol.  Happy birthday, L.E. ;D

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #326 on: November 07, 2012, 09:03:11 AM »
Thanks Brian! and sorry to wake you so early! ;)

I told you I would be back soon with more photos right!?! People keep mentioning a mirror, not sure what you are talking about. ;D So for the second update today I am showing the other side of the Hangarbay. This is where the major vehicle upgrades, maintenance and even vehicle construction takes place. You can see several tool boxes, supplies, storage contaiiners, vehicle parts and many other things are stored along the back wall. As requested there are several close up shots of all the different elements that bring the dio together. Get ready for photo overload...

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:03:15 AM by Luke Sprywalker »

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #327 on: November 07, 2012, 11:47:42 AM »
Holy smokes that is just incredible!! I don't have the space available right now for a diorama/display like this, but I will definitely glean some ideas from this for maybe something modular that can be broken down!

There is one thing missing from this diorama though, and I'm not talking about a kitchen sink either.

You need one of those tubes hanging from the ceiling with the attachment on the end for loading and unloading Astromechs from the fighters!!

Jason

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #328 on: November 07, 2012, 12:26:09 PM »
mate this is gonna be up there with Barry's hoth dio !
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Wreckage

• Ensign
« Reply #329 on: November 07, 2012, 06:20:49 PM »
This is incredibly well done. Just the detailing in the architecture alone is mind boggling, I keep scanning the pics, trying to figure out what you used in some of the parts. I can pic out some things here and there, but it is really the overall build that is so effective. I want to do something similar just to display aircraft, and this gives me so many ideas. Fantastic work. What did you use to do the vehicle maintenance scaffolding? it looks so simple but I can't place the parts.