Author Topic: Hangarbay94's Custom Vehicles - Imperial Troop Transport Mk2  (Read 127041 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hangarbay94's Custom Vehicles
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2009, 11:09:38 AM »
ooooOOOOHHH, sounds good Jules. I can't wait to see her. I am working on my project today as well.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2009, 08:44:41 PM »
Guys, the ships virtually complete, you'll find images below and the Video Aqui!

VIDEO HERE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHQbK1c2-_Q

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 12:54:00 AM by hangarbay94 »

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2009, 09:09:27 PM »
WOW Jules that is a brilliant looking cargo ship, i only just saw a bunch of these yesterday at my local Big W for $65 each i was tempted to grabbing one but let it go......
a Brilliant video Too Mate i am always engrossed in watching your video's.... its very relaxing and i always love your choice in music as well.....awesome all round!!!

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2009, 09:55:45 PM »
Jules, I haven't watched the vid yet as it is my bedtime but I just wanted to say that the cargo bay is bloody exquisite. And for a yank, that's saying something.

But do you think this will fit in my stocking, mate? Or should I be getting a bigger one?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #154 on: November 23, 2009, 01:42:36 AM »
i am simply gobsmacked mate,  utterly speechless...
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #155 on: November 23, 2009, 05:37:59 AM »
Oh Jules she is a beauty. Nice adjustments to the paint job. I love the interior shot of the cargo bay. Now what became of that shuttle that goes inside? Great job man!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #156 on: November 23, 2009, 05:52:00 AM »
Wow, 3 nods from 3 awesome customisers. It's always great to get feedback, but it's especially sweet coming from such accomplished craftsment.

Thanks for the boost!

Jules

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #157 on: November 23, 2009, 10:14:31 AM »
AWESOME JOB! I had good feelings about this and you pulled it off my friend =) I need to find some more nice vehicles to customize =)

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #158 on: November 23, 2009, 11:08:59 AM »
that is amazing jules. Simply jaw droppingly awesome.  I love the interior that floor is beautiful, as are the instrument pannels.  Can't wait to see some shots of the cockpit!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #159 on: November 23, 2009, 12:59:41 PM »
Hey Jules thanks for the video. That really shows her off, what an awesome and totally original vehicle you have.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #160 on: November 23, 2009, 03:51:33 PM »
I really enjoyed the video,  it does show off alot of things pics just can't. Very nice job I am envious,  it turned out great, now I want one :)

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2009, 03:21:55 PM »
Jules, you've outdone yourself with this one. Seriously I never could've imagined the Wall-E truck turning into something ultimately SW as your latest creations. A splendid paint job (as always, but it can never be complimented enough) and above all, a huge amount of playability! I just checked the supercool video, in which you give a great presenation of Bessy Mk.2. I absolutely love all the moving parts and stuff and the decals bring me back to me younger days so, so long ago  :)

You talk about Bessy Mk.2 being a temporary name. How does Maddock sound, a bit derived from Mad Dog. I was thinking Hound Dog, but that sounds too much like Bossk's ship the Hound's Tooth. Just throwing in some suggestions  ;)

What paper do you use for your decals? I have some regular A4 sized labels, but of standard quality. Do you use that also and do you treat the printed decals afterwards with some sealant?

I'm asking because when I saw the floot gratings and such I thought to myself that I would most likely cut that all out from a sheet of styrene. Yep, that's me, always the hard and very long way around things, while this is so much faster and ending in the same beautiful result.  :)

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2009, 03:32:10 PM »
Incom,

I'm flattered, I'm really not in the same callibre as you when it comes to skill which is why I cheat...I'd never go cutting  styrene, i just don't have the skill or patience.

The decals are good old a4 stickers with the images printed on. As long as it's not played with in the rain it'll be ok.

Like you said, same results, one 10th the pain! plus with only limited time on my hands I need quick solutions. It's funny but that's how I got good at Photoshop, I simply didn't have the time to make loads of dioramas like Chewie does for the photonovel, I needed a quick, easy solution.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2009, 01:26:51 PM »
That tears it - I'll be renewing my "Hangerbay-Fanboi Club" today!  I checked the "100 year plan" box...

FRIKKIN SWEET, Jules!!!  I love the INT-4 "ears" up front!

Technical issue/question - how'd you make the arm in the cargo bay?  I can see the Droideka blaster unit on the end... what's the rest made of?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2009, 01:28:33 PM »
MAN, Jules, that is so killer!  I wish I had HALF of the imagination you guys seem to!  I never would have thought of that looking at that ship!  Hell, I probably wouldn't even have looked at that line of toys period!  It's killer, and the play value is enormous!  Excellent work!