Author Topic: Hangarbay94's Custom Vehicles - Imperial Troop Transport Mk2  (Read 127050 times)

Offline DS-61-2

• Commander
Re: Hangarbay94's Custom Vehicles
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2009, 04:14:22 PM »
I cant wait  to see how thi turns out I  have a feeling it will be amazing

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2009, 02:59:20 PM »
Ok...now that I've composed myself, I have to show you this.....

Yep she's to scale...so I've found Bessie Mk2...I'm going to have to remove the wheels and tracks and add thrusters, cannons, armour plating and antennas. I'll keep the bits as I will most likely re-customise her at a later date.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:05:34 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2009, 03:04:48 PM »
Ok, I can see where this could really lend to some serious SW potential,  I am anxious to see what you do with it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:34:54 PM by Reconsgt »

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2009, 04:25:19 PM »
I would almost keep the rear treads intack and replace the large front wheels with more treads (more like a sand crawler) and keep the front tires, then repaint/accessories like mad!

However, what I will say is HOLY MOTHER FRIDAY! that thing is cool looking!! If I could find one on the cheap it would be next to me now... looks like I have more to look for this holiday season... =)

Keep us posted Jules!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 04:27:16 PM by StenHunter »

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2009, 04:50:47 PM »
I'm going to have to go down the route of making this into a flying vehicle, my Hero in the Photonovel needs a transport and this is his ideal replacement.

Now this is where I need the help of my esteemed colleagues...

Can anyone come up with any suggestions as I need to think about what to use for thrusters, piping, landing gear and other details....

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2009, 04:58:30 PM »
aww man... I wouldn't make it a flying vehicle myself... But WOW that this is awesome!  does the cockpit open up too or is it just the back cargo area?  Pleaase get a shot of the cargo bay as well...

hmm.. I'm thinking some tyderium shuttle style wings would look cook on this....  Make it a large dropship like vehicle...  if that is you are going for interstellar flying craft

if your wanting it to be a hover type or repulsorlift vehicle I realy don't know yet.   My first thought is put a big plow on the front, and a crane in the cargo bay and make it a utilitarian vehicle. 

man if I had some cash right now I'd be all over this thing...

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2009, 06:25:11 PM »
Jules that thing is sweet! I can see what you are going for turning this into a flying vehicle. I would also love to see you go back to the tracks later, I can visualize everything just as Sten has described. I would try to find some type of thruster pod that could be rigged with a swivel. It would point down to make it hover and then could turn to the back to make it go forward. Hard to describe but hope you get what I mean.

What did you search to find this? I would love to have one of these...

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2009, 06:25:41 PM »
Spudafett,

I knew you'd like it...I got the idea when I did the image below...I remembered seeing a Wall-e truck and at the time I thought that it would make a cool cutomising project:

Here is the interior:

As a bonus the vehicle makes droid noises and other cool sounds...There is only one sound that sounds like Wall-e, the rest could pass of as Star Wars. Also the rear suspension lowers for when the rear loading bay door opens.

Basically for my Photonovel it needs to be a repulsorlift transport, something that can travel along skylanes, a skytruck, the type of vehicle you'd see flying around Coruscant. I suppose it could be a road transport but I'm not sure if it would quite fit in with the Star Wars Universe unless it was Imperial or heavy industrial.

If it becomes too much of a challenge I'll make it into a Jawa type droid transport, dirty, well used with lot's of service parts, cranes, fuel pipes etc.

Do you have any idea where I should look for parts?

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 06:39:05 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2009, 06:36:16 PM »
i would suggest looking at Pop up sprinkler parts like these
the 3 on the right are when its all separated...

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2009, 06:41:11 PM »
Oh wow, I would never have thought of that CC, any more suggestions keep em coming....maybe I should bring in JLTrooper as he might have some good ideas.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2009, 07:56:47 PM »
I could see that truck as a seriously cool repulsorlift vehicle, jules. Other than in the back, I can't see that it would need alot of thruster type details. some exterior piping and vent boxes or something like that would be cool. I can see a big transformation coming.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2009, 01:58:30 AM »
Jules, I already commented on your mighty fine AT-AT at RS and I'm very anxious to see your work on the interior. Will you also remove the viewscreen sticker and insert a clear red plastic one?

Your latest...... acquisition is too cool for words. Indeed, remove the earthy wheels and you've already got a 80% finished SW vehicle. Looks pretty good to scale, but the cockpit seems a bit under scaled for SW figs. But the big question is: what the hell is that vehicle anyway? How'd you search for something like that on ebay  ;D

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2009, 05:49:37 AM »
Incom,

It's the Wall-E play truck, it got very poor reviews as a toy and I managed to pick up this example for £20 sterling. When I saw he movie with the kids I remember that Wall-e's home which was this truck looked really cool and when I saw the truck in the shops I thought it would make a great custom project.

Sure the cab is slightly out of scale but so it the Millennium Falcon, ATAT and ATST out of scale, I think as long as it looks right it will be ok..

If I ever get round to continuing the photonovel I'll be using it as Captain Montari's new atmospheric transport. If I don't get round to continuing the story I'll either give it to Wraith 9 or have it as a prize for a competition on the Yards.

Time will tell. 

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2009, 01:55:51 PM »
ok... you better offer it as a prize in a contest because god knows ther'll be some stiff competition for this baby.

I surfed e-bay last night for this and the cheapest I could find was 70.00 us. 

Jules, have you figured out how to remove the wheels?  how easy will this be?  Is there any detail to the underside of the vehicle?  I would love to see a shot of the bottom.

I would assume that the cockpit doesn't open since this is a playset for the wall-e figs that are suposed to be in the back....  but if it could be modified to open that'd be cool.

where are the electronics located in the vehicle?  My guess would be in the cockpit, if so then that area might be able to be gutted and turned into a usable space...

PLEASE keep us updated on this project.  I can't wait to see what you do with this.

btw, where was the vehicle in the photoshop image from? Was that a concept artwork shot for Wall-E?  It looks like it'd fit perfect into star wars...  if you could modify this vehicle to fit that concept image it'd be awesome!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2009, 02:45:45 PM »
I too just looked for it on ebay.....damn, Jules you sure got a sweet deal on that, with prices of indeed $70 or more, like spudafett said! I thought I'd look for one myself, to see if I could reshape it in a Jawa transport, like you mentioned. But even my customizing budget has its limits  ;D