Author Topic: Hangarbay94's Custom Vehicles - Imperial Troop Transport Mk2  (Read 126960 times)

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
Re: Hangarbay94's Custom Vehicles - New Years Clear Out....
« Reply #795 on: April 16, 2013, 04:47:34 AM »
Jules,

Wanted to bump this thread to let you know that I found a 4 movie DVD pack this week with Battlestar Galactica, Flash Gordon, the Last Starfighter, and wait for it ...... DUNE!!!

So I will finally get to see this movie! I played Flash Gordon for the kids the owe night. Man I forgot how campy that movie was, and all the little sexual innuendos! The whole Tree People male right of passage seen sounded and looked more like a "circle jerk!" Luckily the kids didn't pick up on any of it.

Jason

Offline RebelScum1138

• Ensign
  • Come to the Dark Side! (we have cookies!)
« Reply #796 on: April 17, 2013, 03:24:37 PM »
I love your vehicles. Great paintwork!!  DH

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #797 on: April 18, 2013, 12:31:41 PM »
Jules,

Well I watched Dune. I might ought to just leave it at that. It had some good parts, but over all I thought it was very confusing. I'm sure the book was better at explaining things. I've read several reviews since watching it. Some claimed the movie was homophobic, but unless I missed something I never caught any homosexual inferences. I was really confused as to why the one villan couldn't walk (he was always flying), and what the sores on his face were.

Anyway, it's one of those movies that I can now say I've watched, but probably wouldn't watch again.

Jason

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
« Reply #798 on: April 20, 2013, 06:28:51 PM »
I think Dune is a great film, I will admit it is abut weird & confusing, the books are even worse though! Lol! I think the Baron, baddie just floats about because he can't be bothered to walk & it gives him a sense of power, same as installing heart plugs in his subjects! He just a nasty bit of work, which is why he cultivates diseases in himself, hence all his sores and boils, I think it's supposed to be his nastiness over flowing from him!? Lol! But it's your usual tale of  good conquering evil, with a weird mix of science & magic thrown in! I think it probably needs a second watch to make sense if it! Lol!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #799 on: April 21, 2013, 06:01:28 AM »
I must admit I really enjoyed it for the whole prophecy thing, the cool "weirding way" that worked in conjunction with their weapons, the Fremen, and the worms. I liked the music in it too. I am not really all that hard to please though. It would be cool to see a remake now.

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #800 on: April 23, 2013, 10:27:06 AM »
I think it had a good Messiah/Redeemer story, but there was a lot that was never explained such as the heart plugs and such. It definitely has a cult following. I said something about Dune to the guy at the comic shop, and thought he was gonna rip my head off!

Jason

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #801 on: April 23, 2013, 12:55:20 PM »
I read the first book a couple of times and really liked it. Never tried the others. I consider the old movie a classic from my youth. I wonder if the made for tv series/remake was any good? sci fi channel, I believe.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #802 on: May 03, 2013, 01:54:26 PM »
The film has more relevance today than it ever did. To me it's about the fall of capitalism and the way the rich elite scheme and manipulate to hold on to power. The main appeal of the movie for me is the ambience and the weird nature of the universe it takes place in. The Fremen are pretty cool too.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
Re: Hangarbay94's Custom Vehicles - Imperial Light Troop Transport - LTT
« Reply #803 on: August 15, 2013, 02:53:02 PM »

It's been ages since I've worked on a custom vehicle, but this is one I've been wanting to do for some time after seeing something similar posted on the forum a couple of months back.

Poor Bessie, she's undergone so many transformations, this has to be the 4th time I've messed with this vehicle, this time removing the front abin altogether (who knows when it will resurface again) and replacing it with a clone walker's cockpit and main gun.

I've always liked the Imperial Troop Transport, even though it never featured in any of the movies. This is the Type II. I will be applying weathering and will undoubtfully take it into the woods for a photoshoot for the final reveal.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 02:55:06 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
Re: Hangarbay94's Custom Vehicles - Imperial Troop Transport Mk2
« Reply #804 on: August 15, 2013, 03:26:55 PM »
Awesome, you customs are always an inspiration for me. Can't wait to see it complete.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #805 on: August 15, 2013, 04:23:34 PM »
Awesome, Bessie lives again!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #806 on: August 18, 2013, 03:35:25 PM »
Here she is all but complete....

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #807 on: August 18, 2013, 07:13:03 PM »
Very cool Jules! I saw this in the diorama thread and was like, huh, what is that? This looks awesome and is destined for an amazing photo.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
« Reply #808 on: August 19, 2013, 12:08:52 AM »
Thanks LE, appreciate the comment

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #809 on: August 19, 2013, 03:05:08 AM »
Jules, it looks great. I need to go share this with the news story I just did. It is good to see you customizing again!