Author Topic: jlw515's Custom Vehicles  (Read 27240 times)

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
jlw515's Custom Vehicles
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:30:33 PM »

Rebel Transport

Y-Wing with operable droid socket

Big Millennium Falcon Exterior

Big Millennium Falcon Interior

Imperial Troop Transport

B-Wing (repaint from Dagger Squadron)

Jason

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: jlw515's Custom Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 06:34:22 PM »
Jason, you're my new favorite customizer!  You've repainted my favorite ship of all time, the Rebel Transport!  I want to get half a dozen of those to modify!  They all look so realistic, so job well done!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 06:56:26 PM »
Jason, you have blown me away again. These are all great custom vehicles but I can't imagine how much time you spent on that BMF and this is the first custom I have ever seen of the Rebel transport and it turned out stunning. These all rock, dude!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 08:18:42 PM »
wow I am officially blown away.  That rebel transport alone ROCKS!  I can't even fathom the falcon though, that's alot of beautiful paint apps.   gorgeous!  I can't say how great it looks.

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 09:55:21 PM »
I have to agree with my buddies here. AWESOME job! the BMF and the B-wing are awesome, the transport kicks *$%!! and I'm officially wowed =)

Welcome to the yard!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 11:00:41 PM »
 :o OMG!!! i am Speechless!!! those are some of the best wreathings of a ship/ships i have seen yet!!! simply stunning mate,
your are full of surprises Buddy!! these have to make FP!! my jaw is SO sore from hitting the ground so many times, i should have left it there there when i saw the first ship...
A BIG WELCOME TO THE YARDS!!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:05:01 PM by TheCloneCommander »

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 11:15:53 PM »
thats it it!   the rest of us should just pack up and go home RIGHT NOW!   yes guys its true we have officially just been spanked!!!    ...lol bloody awesome mate  the gallofree transports is the mutts and the rest arent far behind.
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 02:12:56 AM »
the dark wash looks perfect on the the vehicles, excellent work

I never thought that the BMF could be better, but it can

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 05:06:02 AM »
Wow, your vehicles are stunning. All are very realistic and look more like studio models than toys. The Falcon really blows me away! Even though they are all great! Welcome to the yards.

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 07:23:36 AM »
Thank you guys so much for such an awesome response to my customs!! You can also check out http://cantinacustoms.tripod.com and see some older custom vehicles I did back in the POTF2 days!!

Jason

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 07:49:40 AM »
I knew Pat would like that transport. I like em all. Man the details on all of these are amazing. This and your custom figs are now on the front page!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 08:19:42 AM »
sheeeesh, and double  sheesh!, call me Myoka Pterr and fly me around in my Helicopterrr......

Those customs are just perection!!!! The falcon is just spot on, and the rebel transport, ohhhhh my Lordy, Lord Lord....

Over the top gorgeousness.....

Wow....

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 08:58:12 PM »
Very nice work.
Makes me want both of these ships even more now.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 06:30:45 AM »
uve made jules crazy now thats something lol u need a medal for that dude god were did u get those skills

Offline jlw515

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 11:01:38 AM »
Thank you guys once again for all the excellent comments! You have truly made me feel welcome here!

I'll give a few tid bits about how I did the Big Millennium Falcon.

One of the things you will notice is that I put the non-shooting, movie accurate quad laser on the top of the ship. I'm not a fan of the shooting missles. What I want is movie accuracy, which means I glued the missles into the quad laser and the anti-personnel cannon. Since taking these photos I have purchased another quad-laser cannon for the bottom. So both of the quad-lasers on my BMF look movie accurate.

I mixed brown and dark grey together to get the kind of greasy looking color I was looking for. Then I thinned it down with water and gave the entire ship a wash (much like Jule's youtube video). After the entire ship was "weathered" I went back and added the "runny oil" weathering. This was done a couple of different ways. On some areas I painted a simple line of watered down paint and used a wider dry brush and lightly brushed the wet paint in one direction. This gives the appearance of oil leaks and such. In other areas I watered the paint even more and actually let it run down the ship (like where the anti-personnel cannon and docking rings are). Then I blotted the runs with a paper towel (or kitchen towel as Jules calls them).

For the inside I simply weathered everything inside like I did the exterior. With the cockpit I painted (one coat) the roof with grey to bring out the details of the sculpt.

The B-Wing was a different story all togther!! I totally took that ship apart and painted it with a white primer. I masked off certain areas and painted them cadet grey. I also spray painted some weathering on the ship and gave it was wash. I really loved the new cockpit details, but hated the comic book colors.

You guys should check out my website (see signature below) for some older POTF2 custom vehicles! I customized an old POTF2 Millennium Falcon many years ago!

Jason