Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 149221 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #270 on: May 03, 2009, 07:15:32 AM »
One more shot of the backpack and then, a shot of my progress on the 2nd incinerator trooper. I have applied his detail lines in black but still need touch up Hasbro's paint apps to his black undercoverings and I need to do touchups to the whole clone, in white.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #271 on: May 04, 2009, 03:57:58 PM »
And you guys didn't think that I was going to post anything, today.
I have alot of shots to show so let's get to it.
  I didnt get Greg's prize shipped today because I had forgotten that I had run out of packing tape and while I do feel bad about holding onto this beauty for another day "not really" I was excited to see that the sun had come out and I had a last chance to take some more outside shots of him.
  Since it is a similar theme, I threw in my yet, incomplete desert ops ATRT and driver to bath in the sun for some pics.

How bout some bigger hosted pics, today?

Keep scrolling, I have got dual incinerator trooper shots coming up next.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 08:48:00 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #272 on: May 04, 2009, 05:38:11 PM »
seriously now folks, are you liking the bigger pics? I need to know.

I got all of the touchups done on the second aotc incinerator trooper, today, and wanted to take some pics of the two posed together on my Geonosis dio.
These are the inside shots in my lightbox.

Got some outdoors shots of these figures coming up.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 08:39:40 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #273 on: May 04, 2009, 06:02:56 PM »
thanks buddy! I think so too. I do notice that there is the occasional pixelation glitch on my moniter that makes some of the straight lines in the paint apps look a little squiggley. I can assure you thats not the case.
Anyway, here is one inside shot that I missed and a string of outside shots.

Wow! break time. Desert ops RC shots coming up next..............
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 08:38:40 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #274 on: May 04, 2009, 06:52:48 PM »
I actually have a couple more things to do to this project like do some touch ups to his body paint, touch up the base where the stain meets the groundwork, and possibly jazz up a gun for him. I didnt think that the sun would come out again soon so I went ahead and took some sunny shots, this afternoon but wouldn't quite call this the final reveal.

Notice the paint on his forearm devices.

That's all for tonight. I'll post a FP story of this update tomorrow unless Tamer beats me to it.
do they look alright to you Lighuen?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 08:36:09 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #275 on: May 05, 2009, 05:40:33 PM »
Here are those other Custom Republic Commandos that I have here, at the house. All originated as a Saga Collection Scorch figure. Keep in mind that these three were done years ago so, in my eye, they don't seem as refined or precise as the stuff that I have been doing here, lately. Don't get me wrong as they are still special to me and seem like stepping stones that helped me to progress to this point.

These first two, I have posted pics of in this thread before but not this big. The sunshine was intermittent, today, so I would take a couple of shots and then, would have to wait for a min or two until the sun peeked back out for more shots.

First off, we have that Jungle Camo Scorch that I did on his green foilage dio.

Next, here is a snow camo Scorch with a paper mache cape that I did years ago. The camo on his cape seems busy to me now but at the time, I really liked it.
  I need to mention that both of these customs and the green dio were shipped around the world to an ebay buyer in Malaysia who didn't pick up the parcel at his post office soon enough and they were returned to the sender, me. I ended up giving him a refund. It's like fate that I was supposed to have them.

next up, pictures of the elusive purple Republic Commando.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 05:53:55 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #276 on: May 05, 2009, 07:55:06 PM »

This next custom RC takes a little explaining. this one was to be a commission for a friend on another site that I had started but did not finish before our paths took different directions and we lost contact with each other. He emailed me, once and I told him that I still had it and where I was and that was the last time that I have ever heard from him.
  Still, to this day, I haven't finished it and up till now, I felt bad enough about it that I never posted pics of it, here.

This was to be the bruiser of Mace Windu's battalion and features a mixed head made from a resin RC head with the mouthpiece from a resin Airborne helmet. I recessed two sleeves made of wire insulation, into his lower face to receive posts protruding from the airhoses of a scratchbuilt/kit bashed pilot's air box so that it was removable. He has a removable pegged scratchbuilt holster for a medium blaster on his leg. I added part of an AOTC clone's belt to his waist. He also got this papermache cape which is the part that isn't done yet. It still needs some collar mounting wires attached, some white piping on the outside paramiter fabbed, mounted and painted, and the republic army symbol on the cape's back needs a little more paint. I may go ahead and complete this one next and hold onto it in case he ever contacts me again.

imageshack is acting a little goofy. Here are some smaller versions for now.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 06:38:28 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #277 on: May 05, 2009, 08:01:02 PM »
4 more.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #278 on: May 05, 2009, 08:02:24 PM »
One more shot. with this guy's paint scheme, I was going for a cross in between Scorche's markings and a shocktrooper's.
I seen in those pics of the airbox that I need to throw some more paint on it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 08:49:16 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #279 on: May 06, 2009, 04:18:47 PM »
Here are the two projects that got some attention from me, today.
I did some refining to the detail painting on the Snow mando's helmet and I believe that it's almost done. It is now very hard to discern Tamer's snow mando from mine. Yes, i did cover that noisy camo on his cape over again with white but no, I havent started on the new camo scheme therin, yet.

Dan, I just read your post. Why thank you very much on that, kind sir! I am happy that I finially decided to show that purple one off. He will look sharper when I get the work on his cape done. I can see it in my head, right now.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #280 on: May 06, 2009, 04:22:02 PM »
It's always more exciting to show off something that I haven't done before but my other project, today, was to do some paint work on this Ponds fig which might become an ebay item. I want to wrap up these two projects so I can get to that purple Commando's cape and then, beyond.................

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #281 on: May 07, 2009, 04:18:52 AM »
I had found an old memory card, the other day and digging around on it last night, I found some old pics that were related to what I have been posting here, lately.

Just by coincidence, apparently I was working on the original snow mando and the purple RC at the same time as I found their in-production shots grouped together on the card and even have some shots of the pre-purple rc wearing the snow mando's cape before it was finished.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #282 on: May 07, 2009, 04:22:03 AM »
These shots are of the pretty much finished snow mando 1. That helmet is a mix of a mando "back half" and of a Galactic Marine "front Half" and will be enjoyed by Tamer because as I have said I am going to give it to him for his snow mando.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #283 on: May 07, 2009, 04:25:38 AM »
More early shots of the purple RC. As memory serves, I scrapped that white cape and made another for him. I didn't like the first one for some reason.
In that last shot, I am starting the process of scratchbuilding a holster for him using the white packing insert of one of the Saga little hologram figures.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #284 on: May 07, 2009, 04:30:17 AM »
More shots of the holster fab. It was all about finding the right shape in that plastic holo insert to use and cutting it in the right places to make the two sides and front. I then cut a strip for the back and glued it on. I cut a notch for the blaster handle to recess into, and then, cut a proper diameter piece of wire insulation and glued it to one side of the holster to be a peg for the RC's leg hole and, Poof! You now have a removable blaster holster.