Author Topic: KC MO and Kansas  (Read 44936 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: KC MO and Kansas
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2009, 06:30:50 PM »
Went to Hobby Heaven in OP, KS today and found the Republic Star Destroyer model kit that I had been looking for. "Tamer, you no longer need to look for this for me" Rather, I found the glue version and not the snap tight version that i might have preferred. Model kits are getting expensive nowadays and this one cost me $32.
  I had seen a new release of the ATAT walker kit in the snap-tight line for a pricey $50 and couldn't figure out why till today. I thought that it was a repop of the 8inch tall kit that has been released several times but seen it today and found out that it was a newly tooled kit that stands a larger 12 inches tall when assembled. Had I of known that, I would have got it instead of that SW minuitures one.  I still may pick it up but think that $50 is kind of high dollar for such a kit.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2009, 07:03:49 AM »
That does seem a little high. Oh, before I forget, my Wal-marts no longer have a model section! I checked out the crafts isle and didn't see any super glue accelerator. I also went to a craft store while I went get the mri last week and I didn't see any there either. Is there anyplace else I can look?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2009, 06:40:14 PM »
That does seem a little high. Oh, before I forget, my Wal-marts no longer have a model section! I checked out the crafts isle and didn't see any super glue accelerator. I also went to a craft store while I went get the mri last week and I didn't see any there either. Is there anyplace else I can look?
Darn, what is this world of plastic model builders coming to? I will look at my hobby lobby or micheals. Other than that, I'm not sure, Shawn. It's kind of a specialty item that only modelers would use, I think. I may have to make another trip to hobby heaven. Hobbytown usa might carry it but I just found out that mine went out of business last DEC.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2009, 07:33:17 AM »
No wonder they had the SW pocket models in the SW section. My walmarts usually had everything in the model section with the radio controlled cars and trucks, but it is gone!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2009, 05:35:05 PM »
The wifey reports that they restocked the shelves at her Wal-mart. Nothing new, just CW and Saga Legends figures from the previous line.
  Stopped by the Overland Park Hobbie Heaven again. Still no 09 release kits, there. I picked up the large priced Revell ATAT model kit and found a bottle of hobbie Heaven brand Super Glue Accelerator for $4. " I found some, Tamer" This stuff is supposed to be foam and clear part friendly so I will have to try it out.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2009, 07:12:45 AM »
glad to hear an atat and the super glue accelerator came home. I know I sure couldnt' find it!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2009, 01:43:50 PM »
Stopped by the Vintage Stock store in Overland Park, today. I can't begin to tell you all of the cool vintage stuff that they had there. They had several MOC ROTJ figures and some boxed but not minty ROTJ and ESB vehicles and playsets, as well. There were lots of loose vintage figures. They had alot of TPM and AOTC stuff and several 12 inch figures for a decent price. The next time that I go in there, I will take a note pad with me, if not the camera.
  After that,I stopped by the State Line Wal-Mart store and found several bobble heads and mighty muggs, barish titanium pegs in need of restock, not a single clone wars line figure, parts of the last wave of Saga Legends figures, and the last wave of comic packs that I hadn't seen untill today. I snatched up two Quinlan Vos and Commander Fai packs and brought them home. Sure, I saved two dollars and something with my wally world discount card but the total was still over $23. These new prices stink.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2009, 04:12:30 PM »
Sounds like a cool vintage store! I saw the Vos Faie pickups, good score.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2009, 03:09:09 PM »
Stopped by Lee's Summit super Target, today. They had restocked the pegs and shelves with titaniums, CW figs,saga legends figs, evolution packs, and vehicles. They are running a sale this week on BPs $19, 3 3/4 figures $6.99, evo sets $16.99, and titaniums $6.99.
  I also seen the Battle of Christophsis and Saralacc UBPs marked down to $39.99. They had plenty of these.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2009, 04:45:44 AM »
kinda sad when sale prices are what most of us were used to paying just a few years or a year ago. The recession sure hasn't seemed to bring down cost for us any thats for sure. Still, some break is a break.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2009, 06:03:02 PM »
I made the 30 min trip to the Independance TRU today to take advantage of their 2 for $10.99 action figure sale and found the pegs only half full of CW figures only. Their vehicle selection was decently stocked but they only had one dinged arc-170 left. They did have the repackaged Force Unleashed 3-packs in stock at a semi pricey $19.99 apiece.
"last years wal-mart exclusive versions only cost $14.99"

Too bad that I'm not into GI JOE stuff as they had some cool items.

I seen a few of the X-Men origins Wolverine figures, also.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2009, 03:50:15 AM »
I kinda figurd those force unleashed three packs would get some mark up if they were sold anwhere other than target or walmat. I still have never seen those three packs, either one, show up at my wally worlds. Still, as I am TESB now, I ain't complaining much. Sorry to hear the pegs were not at full strength though.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2009, 03:51:59 AM »
I kinda figurd those force unleashed three packs would get some mark up if they were sold anwhere other than target or walmat. I still have never seen those three packs, either one, show up at my wally worlds. Still, as I am TESB now, I ain't complaining much. Sorry to hear the pegs were not at full strength though.
That's what I get for waiting. The sale had ran all week. I still picked up some ebay sacrificial skinny white clones, though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2009, 03:55:07 AM »
That's what I get for waiting. The sale had ran all week. I still picked up some ebay sacrificial skinny white clones, though.

I smell ebay.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2009, 03:58:47 AM »

I smell ebay.
I am starting to stink of it again, I'm afraid. It's all for a good cause here, though.