Author Topic: 3 3/4" Marvel Figures  (Read 44724 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: 3 3/4" Marvel Figures
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2010, 11:35:48 AM »
I did see that there are going to be revision cases sold, so I hope stores stock those.  I actually passed on the World War Hulk when I picked up SM 2099 and MA IM because I didn't have a lot of cash on me, and I'm regretting it now.  Oh well, I'm betting he won't be a hard one to find.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2010, 10:01:34 AM »
There is a rush on WWH, but I think it will pass, especially with the fact he is in practically ever revision case as well. 

Last year there was a revision case that was similar to these but the failure was the fact that they were overloaded with "popular" (read pegwarming) figures like Iron Man and such.  This years looks a bit better though with much better case ratios (while still including the IM and ect, but limiting them somewhat as well).  Thus I think these will sell through fast but still be easy to find.  Just a guess on my part though. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2010, 06:37:33 PM »
I was able to pick up a WW Hulk and Doc Samson today while out looking for other things.  Doc's pretty plain, but looks nice none the less, and WW Hulk is just plain massive.  Very detailed and some cool accessories.  I also forgot to mention I got Mystique from Zed (not sure why I am posting that, since I think only Zed and I really keep up with this thread!), and a 70th Anniversary set Namor the Sub-Mariner (the speedo version) from eBay for a pretty good price.  I'm chipping away at them, so now I just gotta hope some of those revision waves hit hard enough to fill those holes!

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2011, 10:01:22 PM »
I've seen that Hulk, he looks pretty awesome to me. The figure  and the accessories are all pretty cool. Put a Gamorrean Guard head on him, that would be a funny custom.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2011, 10:55:40 PM »
Ya know, that's not a half bad idea!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2011, 07:08:35 AM »
Not a bad idea at all, it has been done about 10 times between Rebel Scum and Yak face. That is a cool looking figure though.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2011, 09:41:32 AM »
That's pretty funny. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2011, 09:48:12 AM »
Well, I scored a loose Sunfire and modern Havok, no accessories, from a seller in China last night for $23 shipped.  Not the best price, but not the worst either.

While browsing, I found many auctions for variants of Warpath (in Thunderbird colors) and DareDevil (His black and red outfit) that I had never seen before, as well as the variant Vision (Phasing).  I'm wondering if in some of the recent waves, they packed these 'repeats' in with variants instead of standard colors.  I'm definitely after the red and blue Warpath, though nowhere around here has stocked anything since well before Christmas.  Plenty of Iron Mans hanging off the pegs, and that's about it.  I'm getting closer and closer to just ordering cases off of BBTS or HTS just to ensure I get some of the ones I want.  The latest wave especially, which contain Cable with Hope, Apocalypse, 1st appearance Wolverine, Jim Lee Cyclops, and Gladiator.  They all look amazing and I know if I don't order them, I'll lose out on them.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2011, 10:13:35 AM »
Update: I just ordered a case of Wave 13 with Cable, Cyclops, Gladiator, Apocalypse, and 1st App Wolvie for $99 at Entertainment Earth!  It comes with 2 Apocalypse, 2 1st App Wolverines, 2 Gladiators, 1 each of Cyclops, Cable, Spider-Woman, World War Hulk, Spider-Man 2099, and Modern Armor Iron Man.  Zed, I'll be happy to sell you my extra Apocalypse, Wolvie, and Gladiator at cost, so let me know if you're interested.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2011, 10:07:51 PM »
coolness pm is coming. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2011, 05:41:21 AM »
And answered.  I also forgot to mention, if you ever come across some of the others in my want thread via store or other connection, I'd be happy to trade for those as well, so we can go either way.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2011, 08:36:17 PM »
SWEET!!!!  I just won the variant Warpath (his blue/red costume) on eBay for $24.53 shipped.  More than I like to pay for a figure, but I really wanted this one bad, so I went for it.  Sometimes, if you just troll the Bay quietly, you can snatch up a winner at the last second!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2011, 09:38:35 PM »
See, THIS is why I look forward to the Marvel Universe line over the Star Wars line these days, as far as Hasbro products go:

I sure do wish they'd make a Comic 2-Pack with Beast and Iceman to go along with the First class Cyclops and Jean Grey.

Thanks to Marvelousnews.com for the images and info.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2011, 09:14:57 AM »
Heh you probably won't like what I say about most of the new stuff revealed soon LOL.  Not feeling the joy as much (with the exception of comic packs)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2011, 10:27:17 AM »
My thoughts are, I'm loving the picks they're coming up with. Darkhawk? Are you kidding me? An awesome character that didn't get a lot of hype. I say bring on Sleepwalker too! I like the costume for Cable, and I want ALL of the new X-Force, so since I most likely won't be getting the black/silver Archangel, I want the rest like Psylocke, Wolfsbane, Elixer, and the rest. I want a modern, normal (not comic) version of Doom, so that works too, and I'm liking the new Steve Rogers. Overall, I'm pretty stoked about these, even if I'm going to have to buy cases to get them.

However,i am curious to hear your thoughts.