Author Topic: spuda's misc. (half tracks pick up, knox)  (Read 34390 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Re: spuda's misc. (gatling camel)
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2010, 12:40:54 PM »
Spuda,

This is an excellent thread, I love all of these weird and wonderful creations and blasts from the past.

Cannon Camel is such an odd yet original idea, and I love the latest set of images too...

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: spuda's misc. (gatling camel)
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »
thanks HB, and everyone else that's commented in this little used niche of the site...

Here lately I've been straying away from star wars based customs.  The new POC line of joe figures, and of course iron man, have got my focus onto a joe and marvel universe...  eventually I'd hope to write a little back-story arc that intertwines the story lines of the joe-verse with that of other great movies and concepts put in our "modern" earth time.  Including marvel story lines, a few DC comics heros I like, and whatnot.

anywho... hopefully soon I'll be whipping up some mandalorian customs for my star wars thread (got some new joes for fodder specifically with mandos in mind the other day). 

but before I do that I have another transformer/cobra crossover that I'll be working on.   The "S.O.A.R.-B.A.T."  "Stealth Operating Aerial Recon Battle Android Trooper"

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: spuda's misc. (soar BAT)
« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2010, 09:37:51 AM »
S.O.A.R. B.A.T.
Stealth Operating Aerial Recon Battle Android Trooper

The SOAR BAT is a reimagined incarnation of the sky-bat.  Instead of just being a standard BAT outfitted with a jet-pack the Soar Bat is a fully functioning UAV.  The SOAR BAT has two modes, UAV and Ground Trooper.  The BAT utilizes stolen alien "cybertronian" technology to allow it to litterally transform from one mode to the other.

In UAV mode the Soar Bat can fly into enemy lines undetected (via stealth technology) and record vital recon data and return unnoticed....
or it can transform into a devastating trooper mode and wreak havoc on the enemy.

The SOAR BAT is outfitted with two mini-guns beneath each of it's wings, when transformed these mounts become shoulder mounted, OR can be moved to the arms for more range of fire.  The BAT can also use a variety of standard weoponry as well.

this custom is basically a repaint of the transformer "sunbolt" with the adition of a couple cast resin war machine mini-guns and a potf sandtrooper rifle.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
Re: spuda's misc. (soar bat)
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2010, 10:54:52 AM »
i love it  ;D especially the backstory and the mini guns  O0

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2010, 04:38:25 PM »
I love Transformers! I just bought the Republic Gunship Transformer and I already have the AT-TE. I think the only other one I want is the Slave 1/Boba Fett.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2010, 04:43:59 PM »
I love Transformers! I just bought the Republic Gunship Transformer and I already have the AT-TE. I think the only other one I want is the Slave 1/Boba Fett.

the star wars transformers would have been cool if their mech modes wern't mechanized versions of the star wars characters, but instead were actual cross-overs of the original transformer characters in a star-wars mode. 

for example optimus prime as the turbo-tank, bumble-bee as a jedi starfighter, starscream as a tie-fighter, megatron as the sith infiltrator, and unicron as the death star.... just my opinion.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2010, 04:54:58 PM »
You're right! Anyways, I just went through the whole thread and man!!!! I love this thread. I think our tastes are very similar. I love the Ironman and Joe customs. That female cobra chick is so HOT! I love the Tron Cobra Commander. Dont you think those Tron guys kind of look like Republic Commandos or even Halo guys, if you painted their visors gold. I just bought a 6 inch Hulk in gladiator gear, but he doesn't have his sword. I was wondering if you have any spare 6 inch figure weapons?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 04:56:44 PM by CloneSniper78 »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2010, 01:48:34 AM »
You're right! Anyways, I just went through the whole thread and man!!!! I love this thread. I think our tastes are very similar. I love the Ironman and Joe customs. That female cobra chick is so HOT! I love the Tron Cobra Commander. Dont you think those Tron guys kind of look like Republic Commandos or even Halo guys, if you painted their visors gold. I just bought a 6 inch Hulk in gladiator gear, but he doesn't have his sword. I was wondering if you have any spare 6 inch figure weapons?

I don't mess with anything in any scale other than 1:18th.  So I don't have anything that big, nor could I give you any ideas for anything that might work.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #143 on: November 02, 2010, 05:38:19 PM »
Great that looks soo cool!

nice work man! ;D

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #144 on: November 04, 2010, 01:56:24 PM »
the heavy battle android trooper was developed by Cobra scientists as a more durable version of CC's favorite mechanized troopers.  Able to withstand heavier firepower the heavy BAT can forge farther into a battle and last longer than standard bats.  They have an increased amount of armor protecting a larger, more robust mechanical system with a larger power-core.  T

Thrown into battle alongside normal BAT's the heavy bat is a formidable enemy for the joes... despite this however the joes who have encountered them have nicknamed them "FAT-BATS" because of their heftier apearance...

The FAT BAT still retains the modular weapon system we come to expect in a bat.  I used the whip mounts from the IM2 drone and modified them to have BAT arm attachments on them.   These are also modified to fit onto an ROC viper's backpack on the back of the fat-bat.  This particular figure only has the claw and flamethrower attachment plus the two chain-saw attachments that came on the IM2 drone.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
    • www.youtube.com
Re: spuda's misc. (fat bat)
« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2010, 05:39:09 PM »
Good job SF! That turned out nicely.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
Re: spuda's misc. (fat bat)
« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2010, 04:06:35 AM »
now we know where the pies have gone  ;D

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: spuda's misc. (fallout NV)
« Reply #147 on: November 07, 2010, 08:16:23 AM »
A buddy of mine I work with had his guide book for fallout 3 new vegas at work today and let me browse through it... and although I've never played the game, the character on the cover cought my eye:

so when I got home this morning I couldn't stop pondering over that get-up and was pictureing all the parts that could be used for it...  so before I could relax and go to sleep I had to make it.

here is my take on a fallout 3 inspired wasteland survivor:

what do you guys think?

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2010, 11:08:50 AM »
I think it looks awesome! That cover art is very inspiring and you have done a good job recreating it. I know you did this kinda quick but I would love to see you do some grey drybrushing on the upper parts to wear them a bit.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »
That is very close to the image on that cover, Devin.  The colors for him look good, as do the accessories.  Great job again!