Author Topic: spuda's misc. (half tracks pick up, knox)  (Read 34389 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: spuda's misc. (fallout NV)
« Reply #150 on: November 07, 2010, 03:15:24 PM »
they look very close to the Armageddon troopers of the Imperial Guard    in WarHammer 40K
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #151 on: November 07, 2010, 03:47:37 PM »
Agree with ya on that, Jay, that's what I thought of first when I saw the cover art the other day.

The second thing I thought of was - "Wonder who is going to get a custom of it on the forum first?"  ;D

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #152 on: November 07, 2010, 05:42:43 PM »
Looks like a great rendition to me, Devin. Man, I envy your customising time and or passion.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2010, 06:10:50 PM »
Looks like a great rendition to me, Devin. Man, I envy your customising time and or passion.

this took me all of two hours to throw together.... of course it all stemmed from my co-worker showing me his gaming guide for the game and the images in it and I had been thinking about what parts I had to use all night.  It took me longer to find the parts in my fodder bin than it did to throw them together.

btw the parts list is as follows:
Head: POC dusty (you can't see it under the helmet)
Helmet: POC beachhead
Torso: POC firefly
Legs: POC zartan
Trench-coat: ROC Paris Snake Eyes
backpack: zero's assassin droid (modified slightly

left arm: Jango fett
right arm: random joe fodder

left arm "pip-boy" computer interface: leg detail from POC beachhead.

I've actually been told that this is not 100% game accurate... and I know that.  Like I said I was just trying to interpret the cover art in my own way with the parts that I had available.  In the game the character is wearing a hoodless western style duster and blue-jeans over his boots...  I tried to give it a little more depth with the added details of knee-pads and boots.

also there is some tan dry-brushing on the upper part of the coat and the figure but for the most part I wanted it to remain black.  It's hard to realy see much of the details in the pictures.  I'll try to get some better ones eventually, for some reason my camera's macro mode hasn't been picking up the details as well as it used to...

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #154 on: November 08, 2010, 12:57:02 AM »
NICE AND TASTY !!!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #155 on: November 08, 2010, 01:58:25 AM »
I think: this custom is just GORGEOUS :)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #156 on: November 08, 2010, 04:52:51 PM »
I'm playing the game now and you have done a great job making the front cover figure well done indeed.

Ron

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #157 on: November 08, 2010, 05:23:13 PM »
Spuda, that is very good. Whoever was nitpicking saying "it's not totally accurate" needs to be slapped. That is one of the best customs I've seen.

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
« Reply #158 on: November 10, 2010, 02:57:06 PM »
these are really nice, the color change on the jacket and the knees is awesome. :)
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #159 on: December 04, 2010, 09:25:28 AM »
Stark Weapons Assisted Trooper
(TL/DR version: stark gives the mark 2 to the NYPD to test against increasing meta-human, or mutant, criminals)

Tony Stark's coming out as Iron Man was a slap in the face to the countrie's established crime fighters, not only the military.  With "super-human" heros came an escalation of super-human criminals.  Increasing disparity in the new mutant or "meta-human" population was causing more and more problems for localized police forces. 

New York city especially realized this problem.  with "district-x" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_X), a ghetto comprised of mutant human inhabitants, police forces had to adapt.

A specially trained unit of policemen were trained by the NYPD to combat criminals that might have super-human abilities, but despite their training there was little they could do against mutants who greatly outpowered them.

After the military's aquisition of the War Machine armor pressure was put onto Stark to release his technology into the hands of the civilian police force.  Reluctantly, Stark agreed to allow the NYPD to test several modified "mark 2" style armors for police duty. 

These modified armors were called "iron s.w.a.t."  These armors are significantly less powerfull than Mr. Stark's Iron Man armors, however the S.W.A.T. armor's ability to increase the wearer's durability, stamina and strength gives the NYPD officer an increadible advantage over normal human beings and puts them at par with most meta-humans...

Because the armor was built with a much weaker arc reactor power source there is no flight capabilities, this also means that the classic iron man "repulsor blast" feature is absent.  Despite the increased strength the wearer is still vulnerable and thus is equiped with a tactical shotgun, a hand-gun, a batton and a shield (the shield is as much for the wearer's protection as is to protect the suit, they are after all very expensive).

I can't take all the credit for this idea, I was first introduced to the concept through this piece of artwork on deviant-art:   which was actually an entry in a contest by another member which entailed someone "skining" their blank line-art.... and apparently the idea of a police force specifically trained to fight super heros and mutants is strait out of marvel comics actual storylines...

so... I know that was alot of reading, and I'm sorry, but I thought the backstory was actually interesting enough to deserve a good write up, and of course I had to give credit where credit was due.  hopefully you guys like this.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
Re: spuda's misc. (iron swat)
« Reply #160 on: December 04, 2010, 10:45:24 AM »
Incredible man!

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #161 on: December 04, 2010, 11:16:59 AM »
Very thoughtful creation like the blue and yellow colors. I thought I had read something like this somewhere too oh well coolness at its best!!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #162 on: December 04, 2010, 11:59:46 AM »
Wow, awesome!!  I keep looking at IM figs and thinking...  ;D

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #163 on: December 04, 2010, 11:59:56 AM »
nice work on da coppa  ;)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #164 on: December 04, 2010, 03:18:02 PM »
Very cool, even if it was someone elses idea. It looks great and you have put your own spin on it for the NYPD. The shield looks like home base, haha, what did you use? Like Doc I have enjoyed what you have done with the IM figures and bought 4 when they got marked down to $5.