Author Topic: spuda's misc. (half tracks pick up, knox)  (Read 34332 times)

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: spuda's misc. (iron swat)
« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2010, 06:11:58 AM »
Very cool, even if it was someone elses idea. It looks great and you have put your own spin on it for the NYPD. The shield looks like home base, haha, what did you use? Like Doc I have enjoyed what you have done with the IM figures and bought 4 when they got marked down to $5.

the shield and batton are both scratch built.  The sheild itself was made out of a small piece of quarter inch styrene plastic.  I just cut it to shape with the exacto knife.  I wanted it to have a more "shield" like appearance than a standard swat shield which I almost used...

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2010, 09:14:36 AM »
How easy are the IM figs o work with, as far as customizing goes?  I'm considering using some as armor for my own take on the "clone-troopers" in my nanowrimo novel - current front-runners are the Hypervelocity and Advanced suits.  I'm also tempted to bash the two War Machine variants together, since I like the smaller minigun and missile pod of one and the more fully-armored limbs of the other.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2010, 12:12:52 PM »
How easy are the IM figs o work with, as far as customizing goes?  I'm considering using some as armor for my own take on the "clone-troopers" in my nanowrimo novel - current front-runners are the Hypervelocity and Advanced suits.  I'm also tempted to bash the two War Machine variants together, since I like the smaller minigun and missile pod of one and the more fully-armored limbs of the other.

lots and lots of boil and popping.  although lately (and this is not recomended as it's dangerous and only works on elbows and knees) I've been using a lighter held a few inches away from the joint I'm trying to pop and heating it slightly over the flame (making sure not to melt it) and then quickly popping the joint apart...  boil and pop is less likely to damage the figure though.

MOST of the iron man figure's chests are made of the same rubbery plastic that the arms, legs and head are made of.  However the lower torso is hard plastic with a clamshell design. 

The iron man figure's are great to customize if your leaving the main torso, the upper arms, and the thighs on the figure and only customizing the head, lower legs, and lower arms...  otherwise they are very frustrating.       

if you have any questions feel free to ask me and I'll help the best I can.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2010, 07:19:07 PM »
Had a bid in on an exclusive fig that was AWESOME!  Then I saw it was a 7" fig, not a 3-3/4" so when I got outbid, I didn't fight for it.  It was ... Star Forge, I think?  Concept series.  Really neat fig and I'd love to get one in the smaller scale to work with SW figs.

If you happen to take one apart, I'd love to see some disassembled pics, so I'll know what I'm going to be dealing with.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2010, 06:19:43 AM »
casual day duke:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2010, 08:39:19 AM »
I really like the Iron S.W.A.T. concept. Pretty cool. Kinda sad they didn't give em the repulsors though.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2010, 08:45:56 AM »
That Iron SWAT is pretty slick, a very cool concept.  However, I LOVE that Casual Day Duke!  That's awesome!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
Re: spuda's misc. (War Monger)
« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2010, 11:32:49 PM »
when the big guns don't cut it and the battle calls for even more ludicrously oversized firepower....

Rhodes goes for the "War Monger"...

A culmination of information from government siezed project notes on Obedia Stain's Iron Monger suit and information gained from converting the mark two suit into the War Machine armor a specialized government agency was able to build an even more powerful suit that held much more fire-power...

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
Re: spuda's misc. (war monger)
« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2010, 07:09:19 AM »
Amazing man, really like the colour and all that huge guns!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #174 on: January 03, 2011, 08:10:43 PM »
Awesome work on Monger mate I really like the launchers on the shoulders well done indeed.

Ron

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #175 on: January 04, 2011, 10:14:45 PM »
Awesome work on Monger mate I really like the launchers on the shoulders well done indeed.

Ron

Thanks.  Those launchers are modified parts from the "sea drone" or the navy drone from the iron man 3 pack with IM, the sea drone, and whiplash.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #176 on: January 10, 2011, 04:52:53 PM »
How in the world did I miss this one? That is a piece of work, Spud! What a menacing site that would be in a dark alley.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #177 on: January 10, 2011, 05:10:39 PM »
Nice mix of the genre there, and it looks very sleek!  Great design, Devin.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #178 on: January 28, 2011, 06:45:42 AM »
as you know in my 'verse Tony's revelation that he is iron man causes a stir just like in the movies, however unlike the movies Tony builds stark enterprises as the main proprieter of "Iron Man" technologies and begins selling his tech out to government and private contractors after the War Machine armor's creation.

After War Machine was created Tony swore to make sure that people like Hammer wouldn't be able to mess with his technology.  Tony signed a defense contract to oversee future developements for the WM project as well as other projects for other contractors...

one of these was his "SWAT" armor developed for the NYPD.

Another was an answer to NASA's old and outdated space suit design.  Tony's Iron Man armor acted as the perfect platform to create a new exo-suit for american astronauts.  The much lighter, more durable, and much more menuverable IM armor created a far superior space-suit.

Nasa had a few specific features they wanted incorporated (all of which, pluss some, Tony installed):
-Full environmental control and life support
-Armored protection from impact with space debri
-light weight, modular design for easy transport aboard the shuttle
-redundant systems to protect the astronaut from failures
-extreme menuverability in zero G
-the ability to withstand re-entry in a severe "abandon ship" senario

Tony answered this with a highly modified version of his modular armor.  Installing an external main thrust pack to give the wearer control in zero G as well as in atmosphere, this was supplimented by the modular armor's arc-reactors working dually as attitude thrusters. 

inadvertently Tony also cornered the market on the sport of extreme space diving, where the wearer of this suit leaped from an orbiting platform to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in free-fall....

construction notes:
this figure is mainly the Marvel Universe modular armor with the red areas re-painted in gloss black (unfortunately I'm noticing some paint rub issues and faint bleed thru already...)
The head is from the TRON clu figure
The hands are random joe fodder with the back of the IM hands glued on.
Blast effects are from an IM figure.
Backpack is a cast resin star wars piece from clint, aka "Clonehead"

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: spuda's misc. (space armor)
« Reply #179 on: January 28, 2011, 11:42:51 AM »
Thinking that jetpack is the BFII Jet-trooper pack, btw.  Looks good!!