Author Topic: spuda's misc. (half tracks pick up, knox)  (Read 34970 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: spuda's misc. (last update: bat man and red hood)
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2010, 01:43:23 AM »
Mate the hood looks great and I like the use of the parts you used, but that batman is just frickin brillant you could actually see him wearing soemthing like this 10/10.

Ron

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2010, 03:55:50 PM »
Amazing works, Spud!  I love the Red Hood.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2010, 04:29:01 AM »
Mate the hood looks great and I like the use of the parts you used, but that batman is just frickin brillant you could actually see him wearing soemthing like this 10/10.

Ron

thanks... I got a vader cape for him but I keep meaning to insert some wiring into it to make "bat fingers" in the cape so that it stands on it's own.... 

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2010, 11:40:21 PM »
**top secret**
U.S. Military research file #HD1001

Following the events at the stark expo concerning Hammer Industries' illegal work with known criminal Ivan Vanko all remaining contracts with Hammer industries have been terminated. 

Due to national security reasons all data and prototypes concerning the drone armors has been confiscated and Hammer Industries has been shut down permenantly.

Despite being controlled by Ivan Vanko, the drone armors showed considerable promise for military application.

Prototypes based on these designs have been built by the U.S. Military to begin use in the field to minimize reliance on Iron Man and the War Machine armored suits.

The following images depict the first U.S. assault drone designated "MD-J" (Marine Drone- Jungle variant).

On the left is Hammer Industries' prototype "weapons assault" drone.  The right is "MD-p"

As you can see from the following image the "MD" model is modular, allowing the use of several interchangable weapons platforms.  Developed so far is a "brushcutter" chain saw and a heavy machine gun attachment for the forearms:

the drone also has an advanced optics option which increases the machine's visual sensory data recognition abilities, also allowing it to operate under low-light senarios.  There are also mounting brackets for a high tech guile suit.*

The following images are depicting the MD-J in it's final mission capable stage of production with fully operational guille suit:

As you can see the guille suit greatly increases the stealth capabilities of this drone unit and the modular weapon system makes it a versatile platform for missions which require adaptability....

*Cammo Guille suit is based on comandeered technology aquired from the terrorist organization known as "Cobra."

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Re: spuda's misc. (last update: IM2 marine drone)
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2010, 04:36:26 AM »
Spuda, wonderful man! just wonderful!!!!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2010, 02:35:18 PM »
Spuda, wonderful man! just wonderful!!!!

thanks HB.

one thing I want to point out is that I didn't paint the guille suit to match because I made it completely removable so that I could put it BACK onto my jungle viper.  I know it'd tie it all together more if I repainted it but it was honestly more an experiment at how easy it would be to transfer that accessory to another figure.  It works pretty well, and those little yellow pin-heads worked amazingly well for mounting the two fore-arm pieces of the suit.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2010, 04:04:42 PM »
I love the addition of the Jungle Viper's stealth pieces to that Drone.  IT looks awesome, my friend!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2010, 04:55:02 PM »
What I like is the possibility to see more mounted weapons. I love the idea of added accesories. I did like the stealth camo too. Great idea.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2010, 07:12:15 PM »
here is a reference pic from the movie if you guys are interested, or havn't seen the movie yet:

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2010, 09:29:31 PM »
The army drone... or "ground assault" drone as hasbro called it... is probably the most decent of the drone figures in my oppinion.   But there's one problem.  The cannon's backpack is constructed in a way where the gun can only swivel up or down, there is no side to side motion and the vertical range is very limited.

I set out to fix this.

Using one of my push-pins with a ball head I trimed the gun's mounting bracket as well as the mount on the backpack end.  I drilled a hole into the gun's bracket and used that as a psudo-ball socket for the pin head to seat into.

and voila: better range of movement:

not much of a custom, but I thought it was worth sharing.... thought you guys might like to make this fix to yours as well.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 09:43:52 PM by spudafett »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2010, 09:42:43 PM »
I started working on a final battle whiplash armor....

thought I'd share my progress.

the large work is done, just have little stuff to work on.

I'm going to re-sculpt his hair up in the little pony-tail as per the movie... and because I had to trim off the lower part of the hair to make it fit into the neck space on the drone...

I'm going to add some greeblies to the arms and back to bring it closer to the movie...

I've got to construct and attach the "skirt" of armor.. I counted at least 5 parts to it in the film. There is a long cod-piece, two pieces that hang in front of the thighs and then two more that hang behind his rear. I've yet to figure out how I'll make these, probably out of glued together pieces of styrene.

then the entire thing needs to be repainted so that it matches.
I plan on base-coating it with grey primer and probably going with a dark grey and gunmettal paint scheme. It is dificult to tell in the movie what the armor's colors were but from what I could tell it was an unpainted, dark silver or gunmetal look with the mechanical bits still in silver....

what do you guys think? coming together nicely or no?

another project I started today is a "super drone" or Drone War-Machine....  basically a combination of the main parts of all the drones into one suped up machine:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 09:45:05 PM by spudafett »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2010, 11:41:52 AM »
That War Drone looks bad a$$. I so have to get the latest IM2 movie. I haven't seen it  yet.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2010, 12:52:49 PM »
Female vipers were originally introduced as a gimic among the ranks of cobra soldiers to boost overall morrale... the thought was that give the men a good looking woman to impress and they'd work harder...

turned out that the women who joined were more trouble than cobra commander had thought... they incited riots among the men, apparently getting enjoyment out of watching the men fight. 

This sparked the formation of an all female group of vipers... their obvious need for destruction was harnessed and the femme-vipers were created.  In alot of ways their thirst for destruction and meyhem out-classed the best male vipers.

construction notes:
The main torso, thighs, and upper arms are from the yellow power ranger figure, got it clearanced at WM for 4.50

the lower arms and legs are from the roc barroness.  The knee joint fit pretty well into the PR fig, they are a little loose but some paint in there to add some friction did the trick...

I painted the chest symbol on after failing to get a sticker to look right... the paintwork on this one is pretty crappy.  I plan on doing a second so hopefully I won't screw it up too.

the head is a random joe head, it's actually male, no alteration other than adding scarlett's pony tail to the back and the removable resolute viper helmet.

the harness, holster, and skirt are all scratch built.  The holster was made by wrapping a small amount of fabric around a gun, and supergluing it into the shape I wanted.  Then removing the gun. 

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
Re: spuda's misc. (last update: Female Viper)
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2010, 01:32:50 PM »
Hell yeah man, she looks aweosme!!! :o
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
Re: spuda's misc. (last update: Female Viper)
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2010, 02:08:57 PM »
hey, wow, she is super hot... eh, cool, great work!