Author Topic: spuda's misc. (half tracks pick up, knox)  (Read 34319 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: spuda's misc. (last update: bat man wip)
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2010, 08:52:53 AM »
I really like the batman wip. I think batman would have looked like this before he ultimately worked his way into the full bat type costume. Are you thinking you might add some small bat type points to the helmet? I think your Red Hood is spot on, especially the helmet detial and coloring. By chance is that helmet removeable to who is underneath with small mask may I ask? I did love the new movie and also agree it was too short.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2010, 03:19:06 PM »
to answer tamers questions...:

In my mind this is an older, more battle hardened bat man.  As bruce realizes that as he steps up his game, the criminals also escalate...  The intricacy at which criminals now commit their crimes causes Bruce to come at them in even more intricate ways. 
So this version of the Bat-man has a stronger suit of armor, a more urban camo color scheme to help him blend into the shadows even more, and a new helmet which has it's own power source for driving an echo-location "see in the dark" unit as well as other night vision, and hearing amplifiers...

so... for your consideration, The Bat-Man:

and his ride:

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2010, 03:24:52 PM »
Devin;
I love the concept of a more armored, older batman. Did you by chance ever read frank miller's The Dark Night graphic novel?

I could see this guy giving some more heavily armed terrorist types a good working over.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2010, 03:28:59 PM »
"the red hood"
In my verse the red hood is a ruthless crime-lord and mercenary... but in reality he is his own breed of vigilante.  He dishes out a type of justice that most hero's won't attempt.  He isn't afraid to kill if it means serving the greater good.
Trained as robin by the bat man he has the skill set of a true urban hero... but instead of trying to beat the criminals, he controls them, allowing them to do their buisness as long as it doesn't get out of hand...
he is quoted as telling his drug dealers that "if you deal to children, you are dead"...

this "unjust justice" eventually causes the red hood to come to blows with his former teacher...

vs his old master:

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2010, 03:31:59 PM »
Devin;
I love the concept of a more armored, older batman. Did you by chance ever read frank miller's The Dark Night graphic novel?

I could see this guy giving some more heavily armed terrorist types a good working over.

No I havn't read that... to be quite honest I've never realy been a huge comics fan. but that's not because I don't like them, but rather I've never realy had the oppourtunity to read many.  Is the one you mentioned online anywhere?  If so I'd probably find time to read it.

I still need to find a cape for this figure.  The guy's fig that I modelled this one after used a modified darth vader cape and glued it to the removable chest armor...  but I don't have a spare vader cape anymore so I need to find some thin fabric and cut my own.  I also want to insert a wire into the top edge to make the cape stand out and open when I want it to.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2010, 03:41:23 PM »
Devin;

No I havn't read that... to be quite honest I've never realy been a huge comics fan. but that's not because I don't like them, but rather I've never realy had the oppourtunity to read many.  Is the one you mentioned online anywhere?  If so I'd probably find time to read it.

I still need to find a cape for this figure.  The guy's fig that I modelled this one after used a modified darth vader cape and glued it to the removable chest armor...  but I don't have a spare vader cape anymore so I need to find some thin fabric and cut my own.  I also want to insert a wire into the top edge to make the cape stand out and open when I want it to.
not sure about it being online but I think that you would like it. It shows an older, more battle hardened batman like you mentioned and puts him into a darker, more modern environment than what the older comics did.

Devin, did you ever see how I made my paper mache capes? I have impregnated them with lengths of wire before to make them more poseable like you suggest.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: spuda's misc. (last update: bat man and red hood)
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2010, 03:58:13 PM »
Love the new Bat-Man. I see he does have bat type points. He looks pretty tough without his cape imo. You are gonna have to make a bat cave after the Hall of Armors. The only thing that I could see added is Red Hood's helmet off version.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2010, 05:53:11 PM »
Love the new Bat-Man. I see he does have bat type points. He looks pretty tough without his cape imo. You are gonna have to make a bat cave after the Hall of Armors. The only thing that I could see added is Red Hood's helmet off version.

If I did a helmet off version of the red hood I think I'd probably take a younger looking head and sculpt some "robin" style hair onto it and then just paint on his robin mask as in the toon. 

I have a bat-girl figure that I have been wanting to customize but since I've got these guys IDK if I shouldn't just throw her in with them.  It's a microman batgirl.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2010, 12:12:09 PM »
nice ones!!!!!

Offline gwest

• Lieutenant
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2010, 09:10:53 PM »
Frank Miller's Batman was really good.  You should go find it. 

I also recommend the "The Killing Joke" and my favorite  Batman "The Cult"

Nice work on the Batman and Redhood, by the way.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2010, 06:40:57 AM »
Devin I like the sound of the Red Hood construction. Go for it. That being said I just looked at this Bat man again and really wish they would have done something like this in the new anime movie. I think we are all used to the old costume and I do think Bat man would have been more like this with armor and gadgets and would have changed his look every once in awhile to keep the criminals guessing. Anyhow, on the front page. Good customs get that here period.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2010, 10:48:47 AM »
thanks for the FP treatment tamer!  I realy enjoyed making these two, and I got material for a cape today just need to get it fixed and put on there. 
I'll post images of the caped crusaider whenever I get him finished up.

and I doubt there is going to be a bat-cave on my to-do list :(  I havn't even gotten started on my IM dio yet...

Offline artilarytrooper321

• Commander
  • take that techno-union ship down men
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2010, 12:13:38 PM »
these are wicked awesome

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2010, 01:33:11 PM »
Dude!..... I love the Joe crossovers to Batman! The new Firefly joe figure actually looks like the Green Goblin to me. If you pick up another Pursuit of Cobra Firefly maybe you could make an armored Green Goblin?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
    • deviant art
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2010, 06:56:43 AM »
your right, it does look alot more like gobbie. 
I doubt that I'd do a green goblin though because there are 3.75" gobbie figs out there, allbeit they aren't the armored movie version (which admittingly would be pretty slick).