Author Topic: The Brotherhood of Traveling Parts  (Read 21595 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: The Brotherhood of Traveling Parts
« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2010, 11:38:39 AM »
Very awesome, Rich!  I can't wait to get these so I can begin on my project!

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2010, 01:14:38 PM »
this is a awesome project !

Offline von reinhardt

• Evilive
  • Commander
    • bountyhunterreinhard
« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2010, 03:29:38 PM »
very cool mate....keep 'em coming.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #198 on: October 06, 2010, 02:54:35 PM »
I got the package from Rich today for this, and will be starting on it as soon as I am able to.  I do have a busy next week or so, but will get on it as quick as i can!

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #199 on: October 07, 2010, 08:03:55 AM »
Thats a great relief bro cant wait to see wat you come up with!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #200 on: October 07, 2010, 08:13:54 AM »
Just glad to hear you have the parts Pat. Remember we would like to see a pic of the parts you have to choose from, one wip shot, a shot of the finished custom and a shot of my 2 figures hanging out somewhere in your collection, desk, yard or whatever you come up with. Also wanted to mention that new banner is Bangin!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2010, 05:13:35 PM »
Well, I already screwed this up, but that was because I thought our camera was at my wife's school where she said she left it.  I'll instead give it a step by step treatment and history.

I was able to sit down and finally get into the pieces I wanted to use from this set.  I donated Commander Cody and Plo Koon figures to the lot.  I boiled and popped the Plo Koon because I wanted his forearms.  I took another Commander Cody body that was in the package already, and looked as though it had been attempted to use several times.  I removed the forearms to Cody and added in Plo-Koon's forearms, trimming the elbow armor out so that the arm could straighten properly.  Next I chose some shoulder armor caps I had lying around to beef out the shoulders.  I kept the Plo Koon hands and head to use as well.  I also chose what looked like some kind of armor that went with the clones from the Mission to Abbregaddo battle pack, with the gun holster on the front of it.  I started with a medium grey paint as a base color to give it a uniform color, blending out the lines from Cody's yellow stripes.  From there, I chose a French Blue to add as armor accents. 

Next, I used a clear orange paint to wash over Plo Koon's skin, so that it wasn't a direct swap out, giving him a skin tone of his own.  I further changed his breathing and goggle apparatus from bronze to silver.  I also added some random pouches to his leg gear to hold medical supplies.

Finally, I washed over the figure with a flat black to give him that weathered look, rounding out the figure.  I have named him Captain Silas Elgin, Kel-Dorian male.  No Jedi, nothing special. Just a desire to serve his Galaxy as a combatant and field medic in the war against the Separatists.  He donned a set of Clone armor, along with some upgrades, and joined his brothers-in-arms, charging head first into any battle presented to him.

I'd really like to take this time to thank Luke Sprywalker for putting this very fun, very inventive contest together for us all.  While we had some bumps along the road, the Brotherhood has traveled its circuit, and is now destined to return to its master.  I'd sure like to do something like this again, but perhaps be a little more discerning in who is included in the process, so as to avoid the trouble we had in the past.  Thank you Luke, thank you very much.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2010, 11:53:50 PM »
Looks really sweet man, awesome!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2010, 12:07:45 AM »
looks cool mate     is it just me or do you really like that shade of blue
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2010, 03:31:31 AM »
Well, blue is my favorite color.  I was looking for a bold, regal color that would go well with the grey.  Blue won out.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2010, 03:46:33 AM »
Very nice work Pat! I love the look of this trooper. Glad to see you got the parts and this baby is about to come full circle! I hope everyone had fun with this and we should try something like this again but with a new perspective. We have learned a lot through this one. Great job Pat!

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2010, 06:00:13 AM »
awesome Pat thats very cool love all the parts you set up to get this done truly awesome!!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2010, 07:39:33 AM »
Hopefully, I'll be able to jump in on the next iteration - this looked like a great event.  Lots of nice work in this.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2010, 08:18:52 AM »
I hope you don't mind me asking so far down the line, but what heads did you use for Kip Kein and Jaxon Sprywalker?

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2010, 08:59:30 AM »
Hey no problem Mungo. Kip's head came out of a generic figure fodder bag so I have no idea, sorry. Jaxon is my son and his custom Ishy Kieen's head is Captain Argyous. SP? From the Clone Wars line.