Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 411488 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #1995 on: April 02, 2016, 08:26:11 PM »
Ohh yeah Tamer I forgot to mention, I really like that helmet bag. Did you sew that up? I remember you had the pieces for it in another post. Pretty cool, like a combination AT-AT and a Hothy-like uniform.

Yeah I'd wait on that AT mini helmet, you can probably find a better price when another listing opens. I got that Y-wing helmet for half that price. That particular seller charges more because he has more. They're fairly rare, and he has the complete collection for sale. I'm hesitating buying a couple helmets from him because of those prices.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 08:56:39 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1996 on: April 03, 2016, 05:12:56 AM »
No, this helmet bag came from a 501st member Wally who makes them for other members. This was his deluxe bag that is designed to look like a Walker's head. I love it!

And yes, I will see if I can find those cheaper down the road. If you see one while you are doing your own searches for a good price, please let me know. And thanks for the other link.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1997 on: April 04, 2016, 03:24:04 PM »
  I started collecting these Fantasy Flight Games X-wing Miniatures. Not because I'm a gamer but, they're really cool. Better than anything else on the market as far as scale ships go. I got the Rebel Transport, its about 8" long, which surprised me a little. I thought it would be smaller. The x-wings are 1/270 this comes out to about 1/443, if it were truly 1/270 it would be about 18". Weird thing is I bought it for $20 free s+h, when retail is $40. Only thing missing is the x-wing. The package was very carefully opened even the plastic cellophane is intact they just pulled the x-wing out. On eBay there's tons of listing in the same exact condition. That must be an awesome x-wing to be worth $20. But I don't care I just wanted the dang transport.  I'm going to try and crack it open and stick some LEDs in the engines. That would be rad. It could use a paint job too. Its just a heavy black wash on plastic.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 06:53:10 PM by JDeck »

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #1998 on: April 05, 2016, 01:10:02 AM »
I'd love to buy some more X-Wing miniatures. You can't go wrong with them! And for $20 that transport is a great deal!!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1999 on: April 05, 2016, 02:43:00 AM »
Great looking ship, might have to pick one up myself at that price!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2000 on: April 05, 2016, 07:45:24 PM »
I got my copy right after work and promptly watched it.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2001 on: April 06, 2016, 02:38:07 AM »
Mine should be here today (ordered it from amazon) and I got in the mail yesterday two jango fetts from big bad toy store and Hasbro sent me a Takodana Encounter and a way for us all to get into Hasbro's booth at SDCC.

Details will be on the front page this morning.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2002 on: April 06, 2016, 07:58:20 AM »
 I pre ordered my copy on Amazon. Got it yesterday. I have today off so I'll watch it several times.
     I found a 6" Asty on eBay for a good enough price. A Japanese seller is asking $28 free s+h. Not bad I consider the $7 to be a finder's fee plus s+h. But $50 is too dang much. Japanese sellers are great, many of them don't ask ridiculous amounts of money, just enough to make it worth their while. Only problem is a lot of times they misspell the names making them harder to find on the search. Like he called it "ASTI", and it didn't show up on the search.  I assume its in loose condition but I don't care, it saves me from having to take it out of the package. I just wanted it to display with my T-70 x-wing model(s). Along with 6" Poe Dimetapp :P
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:27:33 AM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2003 on: April 06, 2016, 01:16:04 PM »
   I got yet another package from Japan today, that I ordered a few weeks ago. Including shipping I played $20 for it.  Its an F-toys Y-wing (with armor plating). pretty cool! Its based off the image from the incredible cross sections book. I like that design better than the clone wars one. Its 1/144 scale so its about 3". Its made of plastic, and the cockpit has clear glass with tiny interior parts. I like it better than the Titanium stuff, I'm not a fan of diecast. It comes with this cool display base with technical information. F-toys makes pretty rad models. They even have the concept A-wing.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:30:51 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2004 on: April 07, 2016, 02:44:20 AM »
I have been meaning to pick up the F-Toys AT-AT and AT-ST, they look pretty cool.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2005 on: April 08, 2016, 04:14:27 PM »
Continuing with expanding my collection, these figures came in the mail over the past few days. They are:

- 2 Sandtroopers from the ROTS Evolutions pack
I always thought all Sandtroopers had the orange shoulder pad. After seeing ones with white pads I preferred the orange look. I know the orange pad figure from the Vintage Collection goes for quite a bit. I found these figures from the ROTS pack and liked them just as much as the one from TVC. I got 2 for under $20.

- 2 Snowtroopers, one from Saga Legends (removable helmet) and The Black Series (Snowtrooper Commander)

- Boba Fett from The Vintage Collection

I prefer all my troopers with no removable helmets. Its the POTF in me, plus there's that link to the Prequel Trilogy which I don't collect. The Snowtrooper from the Saga Legends line does have a removable helmet, but at least the helmet covers the entire head. I'm looking to get 2 troopers of each kind. I really like the Snowtrooper Commander figure, but realized the commander and Saga Legends figure are different. I got one of each, that way I have 2 Snowtrooper figures regardless.

The Boba Fett figure has a removable helmet. I asked the seller on ebay, he told me there was no removable helmet, so when I got it in the mail I was a little ticked. I'm guessing this is the Empire version, as the one from TVC Jedi doesn't have a removable helmet. It's not the end of the world though, it'll do for now.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2006 on: April 09, 2016, 06:24:31 AM »
You can't go wrong with OT Troopers in my opinion. I remember driving all over creation to find that Stormtrooper Evolutions Pack the one time.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2007 on: April 11, 2016, 12:21:33 PM »
Picked up a General Lando figure from The Vintage Collection from one of the mods off Rebelscum for $12 shipped. Considering what I see this going for on ebay, this was a score. The cheapest I see is one loose buy it now of $21.50. Carded I see them generally going for above $40. It didn't have the cardback but the figure was still sealed in the blister part.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #2008 on: April 11, 2016, 02:16:05 PM »
When TFA was released I went before class and picked up two copies of the Bluray (one for a giveaway my senior project team did), as well as the Crimson Corsair 2-pack, and a 6 inch Jango Fett. I went around and around with myself on how to spend my $50 at Target to qualify for the $10 coupon.  :-\

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2009 on: April 15, 2016, 12:29:48 PM »
Picked up a First Order Stormtrooper at Walgreens of all places.