Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 399160 times)

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2010 on: April 16, 2016, 12:16:55 PM »
Stopped in a vintage toy shop today and snagged a Black Series Stormtrooper #08.  These look better then the Black Series #13 re-release.

Looking for one more as I'm getting 2 of each kind of trooper. Then I'd like to get 2 Bicker Scouts from TBS #07.
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2011 on: April 17, 2016, 07:12:25 AM »
I would love to see Hasbro re-release that body (08) with the helmet from the Saga Legends version that was out at the same time. I don't think you could improve upon that combination. Good pick ups.

I keep hoping to find Ahsoka!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2012 on: April 19, 2016, 06:21:26 PM »
Picked up The Black Series Titanium A-wing and Star Destroyer from Hasbro's ebay store. They were $4.99 each with free shipping. I also had $2 from an ebay gift card which went towards my order.

At my job I recently got a bonus. After members call in, they are sent a survey and if they check off they were "totally satisfied" it goes towards an incentive I can get. The more "totally satisfied" I get, the more my bonus will be. I got the highest, being $225 so I used it to buy a Force FX lightsaber. I bought Luke's blue lightsaber. I would have bought Luke's green one as that is more iconic, but it was more expensive. I went with the blue one as it reappeared in TFA so I figured it would be sought after even more eventually. Also as goofy as it sounds, blue is my favorite color.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #2013 on: April 19, 2016, 09:38:46 PM »
That is one heck of an incentive!!!!!  :o

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2014 on: April 20, 2016, 05:45:40 AM »
Sweet pick ups and glad to hear your job is going great!

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2015 on: April 25, 2016, 02:44:59 PM »
Thanks Tamer. Job's going well, I like it. I'm just glad things are finally working out. As for the lightsaber, after showing one of my friends, he wants one now lol. He's looking to get Vader's.

Two more pickups today. I left work early as I had a dentist appointment, so afterwards I took a ride and found an OT 6" Stormtrooper for $25 at a local comic shop called Newbury Comics. I saw one a few months ago in the same store but in a mall downtown They wanted $40 for it. I'm glad I waited, and this would probably be around the price I would have paid if I got it off ebay. When I got home my Vintage Collection Admiral Ackbar was waiting for me, which I got off someone at Rebelscum for $17.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2016 on: April 25, 2016, 03:15:24 PM »
Cool stuff, Akbar is awesome!
   I got another 1/5 mini helmet today in the mail. This time the Rebel (fleet) Trooper. Its pretty rad, it has the chin strap, and the helmet has a nice shiny gloss. No moving parts, but it has a nicely detailed com link thing on it. Of course it comes with the stand and acrylic cover. Its a fairly rare helmet, due to my patience and persistence I paid less than $25 including shipping from Spain. Good deal. It will go well with my Tantive IV stuff. One of the things I still remember distinctly from the first time I saw Star Wars was the boarding of the Tantive IV. From then on I was hooked.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:45:24 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2017 on: April 26, 2016, 02:48:23 AM »
Good pick up folks. Still trying to reel in a 6" Ahsoka. I did get in the 6" ANH Lukes the other day and they look pretty good. I have seen worse Luke likenesses thats for sure.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2018 on: April 29, 2016, 11:45:55 AM »
*gets paycheck*
*blows paycheck*

I told myself just pilots in the 6" line. Oops.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:48:05 AM by Goldleaderone »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2019 on: May 02, 2016, 08:06:29 AM »
Cool deal, I got in another 6" ANH Luke and Ahsoka and was even lucky enough to nab the Kmart Exclusive Rey.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2020 on: May 02, 2016, 02:46:30 PM »
Just won the new Han Solo (Starkiller Base) figure off ebay for $21.50. I really wasn't trying to win this figure, I put in a max bid just to see and ended up winning. I had some money left over on an ebay gift card so really I'm just paying for the shipping. I would have preferred to get this in store (thrill of the hunt) but whatever. Better to be safe then sorry. I've only seen the 5POA Han twice, one of which when I picked him up. Out of the new wave, Han was the one I really wanted, even if he didn't wear the coat for very long (still prefer the regular outfit though).

I plan on dry brushing the hair gray again as I did with the 6" and 5POA figure.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2021 on: May 04, 2016, 03:56:47 PM »
Happy May the 4th! Here are my pickups for today. They were bought off ebay, except for the 6" TIE pilot, which was bought off a collecting group off Facebook. Finally got the Boba Fett figure I wanted, Vintage Collection #09 ROTJ (no removable helmet) and Starkiller Base Han. Got him for $21.50, but had an ebay gift card so really I just paid for shipping. I plan to dry brush his hair gray like the other Han figures.

Awesome to receive these on May the 4th.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2022 on: May 05, 2016, 03:00:00 AM »
That Han looks great, might have to pick that one up. Yesterday was really cool. I got in my K-Mart Exclusive Rey (she looks great) and a cool May the 4th Gift from Hasbro.

You can see the photo roll of that on the front page or our FB Page.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2023 on: May 06, 2016, 12:30:02 PM »
Picked up a 6" First Order TIE Pilot today at K-Mart. It was my first time in there in many years. They also had a few of the new 6" Starkiller Base Kylo Rens and one Starkiller Base Rey. Also saw the 5POA Han for the 3rd time and a 5POA Rey for the first.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2024 on: May 06, 2016, 09:36:20 PM »
 The result when you find $200 from Christmas that you (somehow) completely forgot about.

Also there should be an original TIE pilot, forgot to put him in for the picture lol.