Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 411381 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2580 on: June 26, 2019, 04:37:47 PM »
Picked up the Storm Trooper with blast accessories!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2581 on: June 27, 2019, 07:24:59 AM »
I need to get one of those!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2582 on: June 27, 2019, 04:37:47 PM »
I found sort of a loophole, in Amazon TVC well not a loophole but sort of a common sense thing I didn't think about sooner. I ordered the TVC Chewbacca on Amazon Prime, but I ordered a "Used" one, which basically means it has a damaged package. Well hell's bells if I bought it "mint" at full price, I'd end up with a damaged card anyways, so why not save a few dollars? It came in a Ziploc bag, with the card and bubble detached, within a bubble mailer. That's fine, they just opened it for me, I don't care.  The weird thing about it, on the site it has the ROTJ Chewbacca on a Star Wars card. I don't know how they got that image, but that's not the Chewbacca that is in this package. It's the oddest thing.  The Star wars Chewbacca has the slicked back hair ,angry face, a repack of the TBS #11 Chewbacca.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 05:35:16 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2583 on: June 28, 2019, 07:00:51 AM »
Huh, that is a bit off. So you did get the right Chewbacca correct?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2584 on: June 28, 2019, 09:29:33 AM »
Most likely what happened, Hasbro goofed up and  gave them promo material with the wrong figure. I noticed Entertainment Earth had the same picture. I got what I was supposed to get. The ROTJ Chewbacca so far has only been released in the TBS Walmart exclusive, which I'd rather have that one.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:32:07 AM by JDeck »

Offline ImperialOfficer

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2585 on: June 28, 2019, 04:29:52 PM »
I recently was able to have someone on Facebook get me 6 of the TVC Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise figures on clearance for 50% off. My mom also got us tickets for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2020.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2586 on: June 29, 2019, 03:59:16 AM »
JDeck: That's wicked, indeed! If this was a promo figure and Hasbro really messed this up, I would be very surprised...I saw the review of Mattel's exclusive John Hammond from Victoria's cantina this morning. Mattel sent it to her as a promo figure, too and it even has some serious quality issues (missing paint apps!). That just shouldn't happen when thousands of people see what they promote.

Do you think it's possible someone ordered the TVC Chewie, doesn't care about the packaging, opened it, removed the new figure and replaced it with the TBS Chewie, sent it back to Amazon and got refunded, claiming it arrived opened? People do odd things these days.

ImperialOfficer: Congrats on the good deal for Han Stormtrooper! The current clearance prices on him and 6" Luke are insane and so not necessary, but if TARGET wants to give them away alomst for free, sure!

And your mom is awesome! I'm very happy for you that you can go to Celebration! 2020 is not that far away anymore...crazy! Now, I'm just looking forward to SDCC next.

Awesome news here.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #2587 on: July 06, 2019, 01:50:42 PM »
Off hand, I don’t know which Chewie is supposed to be on that card, but I do agree with you on the Amazon deals. The new Solo Lando is only $8 right now, and I’ve seen them for $7 through Amazon Warehouse all week.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2588 on: July 06, 2019, 03:46:00 PM »
What happened was the promo image for Amazon is from the VOTC Chewbacca. It's the same card as TVC, but a slightly different figure, same body, different head.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 04:21:36 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2589 on: July 17, 2019, 04:11:17 PM »
I recently ordered a VOTC Greedo, to make a custom Beedo, from an eBay seller in Midlothian (20 minutes from where I live). Anyway it took a while to get it, and I thought well I could walk there and get it faster. Well lo and behold he sent me a box of fodder, at first I thought damn, he sent the wrong box, but it came with a letter saying, this is the last of my collection, may the Force be with you.

It's got some cool stuff, TVC hoth rebel, hoth cannon, fodder parts, some Disney star wars vinyl figures, FO speeder bike. I might repaint the cannon. Make a custom Death Trooper speeder bike. That would be cool. I'll have to send him a thank you card or something.

There's this thing, in the second picture, I have no idea what it is, but I think it would make a cool funky  droid of some kind, or maybe a jetpack.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 04:20:04 PM by JDeck »

Offline ImperialOfficer

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2590 on: July 17, 2019, 04:44:33 PM »
I think it's the build a weapon piece from general hux.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2591 on: July 26, 2019, 02:04:42 PM »
Well this isn't a purchase, but I don't know where else to put it. Maybe lost star wars negotiations. I was driving home, and I passed by this outdoor flea market, and noticed a freggin Big AT-AT. I stopped the car and made a bigole uturn. I asked the guy what he wanted for it, he said $200 for the lot. Which was a table full of BIG toys. Now I'm not into big toys, and the only thing of any value to me was the AT-AT. I offered $80, which I know is low ball, but it was missing some things, but it was nearly complete. Then he showed me the eBay price if a mint condition BATAT, in a box, complete, which this wasn't. I didn't think it was worth it. Maybe for the lot, if I wanted all that stuff, but no. $120 would be tippy top, even then I'd hate myself afterwards, I'm trying to downsize.  He was adamant about selling the lot.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 02:17:35 PM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2592 on: July 26, 2019, 03:26:48 PM »
Those are two very cool stories to share, JD! 120 bucks for the BAT-AT is a good deal!
I couldn’t find it in the photo archive yet, but I think Imperial Officer is right.
Cool stuff there! Thanks for sharing!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2593 on: July 27, 2019, 09:03:46 AM »
Yeah, that price was pushing it just a bit. Bet it comes out again for the 40th and we can all pick some up at decent prices.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #2594 on: July 28, 2019, 08:47:16 PM »
Both interesting stories! What else was all on the table? My mind jumps to selling the other stuff on Ebay to make up for purchasing it, but then that's a hassle too. One of my regrets was not buying a second BMF Falcon for $70 when I saw it about two years ago. I don't know why I didn't do it...Very unfortunate decision...

Finally started receiving some of the RO Stormtroper figures that I ordered too. Here is a comparison picture between my custom Stormtrooper, RO, and TVC Han Solo. Honestly, I prefer my own figure to the others because of the chest plate’s shape and the height of the helmet compared to the torso. The RO is a close second, and the ANH Han, because of its stance, is my third favorite. I like them all of course, but I’m still partial to my own.