Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 397873 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2595 on: July 29, 2019, 08:11:32 AM »
Interesting comparison shot. I so need to go get a couple of these.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2596 on: August 11, 2019, 07:19:14 AM »
If you can believe it while on vacation I found a few things. First off I found some great Droids from the parks (two pack and a four pack) for $19 (further discounted than the sticker price) so I couldn't pass those up. I also finally got my 6" Stormtrooper with the blaster effects. I originally had one coming from Canada only for that deal to follow through last year sometime. I got it for a much better deal yesterday as the Disney Outlet store. I will try to remember to take some pics when I get home.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 11:40:26 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2597 on: August 11, 2019, 11:41:41 AM »
And when I got home Hasbro gave me a box of these goodies!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2598 on: August 11, 2019, 12:33:40 PM »
That's pretty awesome. I'd be happy with just the jedi Jedi Luke.

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #2599 on: August 14, 2019, 08:37:57 PM »
That is a great deal on those droid sets!!!!!

I would like to get the SDCC Fett figure, but thanks to my friend on YakFace I was able to get the Luke set. I'm not sure it was worth the price we had to pay, but the figures are quite good. The X-Wing Luke is by far my favorite. The posture on the Luke Stormtrooper is kind of weird on mine. It seems bow-legged compared to my Han Stormtroopers...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2600 on: August 16, 2019, 03:24:46 AM »
I hear you. I am gonna try to get the retro Vader maybe. Not sure I am up for the crazy prices though. There is so much other nice vintage line stuff I would rather spend my coin on and have more to show for it. Plus, did anyone notice the news on the front page about a new repackaged Sith Trooper coming out? Not sure if I am going after that one too, but guess I am getting off topic. Need to find some more good deals!

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2601 on: August 17, 2019, 08:46:25 AM »
I am on the fence about buying anymore ST stuff before seeing the movie, or at least deciding if I can use the figure for custom fodder...I couldn’t wait to find the TBS 3.75 TLJ wave, and then I didn’t even like the characters, or they didn’t hardly see any action. The Praetorian Guards were awesome, but Rose, not so much. Pretty much, I need to know more about these Sith Troopers before I buy any.  :-\

I did receive my two skiffs from Amazon, and then ordered the skiff three pack from there yesterday for $38.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2602 on: August 18, 2019, 05:16:55 AM »
Jodo how did your orders come in from amazon? I have been hearing horror stories lately of them using envelopes instead of boxes and if you get a box its super thin and always shows us messed up?

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #2603 on: August 18, 2019, 04:43:08 PM »
The boxes haven’t been bad sized, but they don’t have any packing material in them hardly at all anymore. So the items just flop around freely during transit...OR, like my sister’s recent parcels, that aren’t even in boxes or bags! They have literally put shipping slips on the outside of the regular packaging, and shipped them that way. I think that practice is absolutely ridiculous. I received and item that way one time and it was gift one of my exes had purchased me.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2604 on: August 19, 2019, 02:47:18 AM »
Hmmmm.....

Sounds like playing the lottery.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2605 on: August 19, 2019, 04:14:39 PM »
I got my Stormtroopers. Well, let me start over. I ended up ordering a case of TVC Stormtroopers from eBay. I had a bad feeling Dorkside was going to cancel my order. I'm not missing out on the Stormtrooper. If DS does come through yay! I have 16 Stormtroopers. No lose situation. Of course I payed more on eBay, but 8 Stormtroopers in the hand is worth more than 8 on preorder. Something like that.

Anyhow, I would say that it is nearly definitive. The figure, sculpt, articulation even paint apps are fantastic.  Out of all 8 there's only one with a slightly sloppy frown marks, but it's not bad at all. I've had 5poa R1 STs with much worse. Thank the maker, they didn't put the sand weathering on the legs like the original promo.  Really my only peeve is the lack of accessories. But I'm going to change that.

I noticed there's no E-11 holster. I'm not sure what to think of that. They never really worked in figure form, without being too bulky or making the E-11 too small. I guess it's not a part of the Rogue One Stormtrooper uniform, like the Sandtrooper. Speaking of the E-11, it does come with the blaster. I think it looks decent, and in scale. It seems all the E-11s in the past are either too big or too small. Personally I like a slightly larger version, specifically the one with the folding stock, but this might be the right size.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:54:55 PM by JDeck »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2606 on: August 20, 2019, 01:34:48 AM »
I certainly enjoy following this thread! Tamer, I’m glad you finally got one of those exclusive TBS Stormtroopers and these beautiful Astromech Droids to finally add to your collection! Too bad they are so exclusive. My dad couldn’t find any even in Florida. So this Droid Factory is only available at Disney California...

Congrats to all those TVC Stormtroopers JD! Thanks for sharing your opinion with the detailed analysis of the E-11. I also like the folding stock and the fact of clean armor and no holster!

Great stuff here! I could also share what I got the past weeks if you want.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2607 on: August 20, 2019, 03:05:30 AM »
JDeck finally got his Stormtroopers. They look great! I have got to at least get a few myself.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2608 on: August 22, 2019, 01:16:17 PM »
Here are my purchases of August:

So I found this figure lot on a secondary platform of ebay. It's called ebay Kleinanzeigen and similar to craigslist. Actually I get most stuff off ebay Kleinanzeigen to add to my collection.
I got these 6 figures for 13€ and the 9 creatures for 4€ plus 4,50€. 
So that makes about 2,40€ per 3.75" figure and 70 cents for each creature. That Republic Commando "Boss" came with his backpack, but all figures came without blasters or any other accessories.
I had actually never seen those creatures on ebay before and only found them on rebelscum to learn about when they were released (1999 of course).

http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeIbattlebags.asp

I got this lot for 33€ shipped. So I divide it in 6€ for each figure and 3€ for the additional accesories. 

- 2x TVC ARC Trooper Commander - 13€ each
- ROTS BARC Speeder - 10€
- 7 figures for customs - 3,50€ each

The latest from tunghori:

Vedain & Brock Starsher were $14.99 each plus $3 shipping each. The Tank Driver Commander was from my last order, which tunghori forgot to pack in.

And my first order from Star Action Figures UK:

https://www.staractionfigures.co.uk/

Everything was very well packed and arrived in excellent condition. I'm more than happy with my first order from them!

- TVC Jabba's Palace Adventure Playset - with free TBS Merumeru figure - pre-order £44.95
- TVC Jabba's Skiff Guard 3 Pack - pre-order £39.95
- TLC STAR WARS Empire - Comic Pack #8 - clearance £14.95
- 2x TLJ Flame Trooper - clearance £2.95 each
- shipping from UK to Germany - £10.95

- Philipp
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 02:30:16 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2609 on: August 23, 2019, 02:26:46 AM »
Wow, great to see a good shipper. Lots of nice goodies. I have got to get back into the game a bit. I don't even have my skiff  yet!