Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 397876 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2610 on: August 24, 2019, 01:18:39 AM »
I hope you have time to do so! It’s a lot of fun and I really enjoy hunting for stuff on the secondary market. This is a set that went up for sale at 11 pm and was sold over night. I asked the seller for a deal right when I found it at 12:30 am, but that was too late already...I was lucky with the stuff above though. Can’t get ‘em all and that’s good.

Those figures must’ve sold for about $22 shipped.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2611 on: August 24, 2019, 08:31:44 AM »
ARC Troopers rule. Man I remember when I was into the Clones bigtime. I remember all the paint variations I had to have with the ROTS Line. I think I might still have a few. Lord knows those haven't seen the light of day for years (still in rubbermaid totes in my basement). If I get all my outside and family chores done today I am gonna try to find the skiff and 3 pack online today. Might just use BBTS as I know they ship good.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2612 on: August 26, 2019, 09:45:18 PM »
WELL... day late or not Gamestop's $5 sale was good to me over all today from 2 stores.  All BS I didn't have... With good doubles. Gotta say the GREMLIN GAMER is by far my favorite the picture does no justice. Funny all the Fortnite stuff was $5 the figures the same price as the dio set??? Crazy. I have zero interest or know anything about the game, but I couldn't let that amount of fodder go 😉.

Funny thing thou.... My jet trooper is basically proof of Hasbro needing to change the whole packaging fiasco... I like all of u thought the window was cracked, Nope! That's a factory workers long hair actually sealed inside the box!!! As wow as gross 😝  :-[

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2613 on: August 27, 2019, 03:01:22 AM »
Great finds, I want to get me one of those Jet Troopers, preferrably without the hair though. Ewwwww!!!!!

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2614 on: August 28, 2019, 05:41:37 PM »
GameStop $5 clearance scores!

I got $140 worth of stuff for $20 :)
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline (SID)

• Commander
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2615 on: August 28, 2019, 07:11:21 PM »
Yeah SUPER gross TAMER  ()rr some of the stuff I got was open returns (I. Could tell) but $5... I don't care. That Fortnite set has sooo many parts in it I could see why they "wanted" $40 for original MSRP,  might grab another just to have figure stands since the wood style scream Ewok Village

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2616 on: August 29, 2019, 01:37:24 AM »
Awesome finds there gentlemen! Those are amazing deals!

(SID): Wow, that Gremlin looks brilliant - excellent sculpt there!
I remember I had a hair in one of those bags from tunghori. It might have been from mysterious tunghori himself - who knows - so now we can technically identify him  8)
Now you can sell your Jumptrooper for a million bucks on ebay because it's a rare factory error. Maybe it's even a hair of King Kong!  ;)

I wish our GameStop had sales like this...

Here are the prices of GameStop Germany:

- TBS6 Action Figure Asst. - starting from 26,99€
- TBS6 Dewback - 89,99€
- TVC3.75 Action Figure Asst. - 18,99€ each

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 01:39:21 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2617 on: August 29, 2019, 04:12:57 AM »
I am so going to Gamestop this weekend. Nice finds Dan.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2618 on: August 29, 2019, 05:56:10 AM »
Tamer: Please, do so & let us know what you find @GameStop  ;)

This week I received four figures I found online last weekend.

- TFU Rahm Kota's Militia Elite - 5€
- TBS6 Scarif Stormtrooper - 10€
- shipping: 2,70€

- TBS3.75 Scarif Stormtrooper from an older purchase - 5€

The reason I share this is because didn't look close enough. The description on ebay wasn't that good. But according to the pictures I should've seen that the Scarif Trooper is the 6 inch version, not the 3.75" one as I thought. Pretty embarassing considering the fact that I collect since 2005...
But to my defense, I had to hurry because those figures sold like fresh bread. I requested those figures only 7 minutes after they went online. Well, in the meantime 3 more figures I wanted to buy were already sold...anyhew I'm glad to have gotten those two for an excellent price!
Only when they arrived I recognized that the Militia Trooper is missing his right shoulder pad.
But I got a solution for missing parts after the jump:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10633.msg213019#msg213019

And the second arrival shows once more: Patience does pay off!

- TLC General Grievous - 3,00€
- TAC Galactic Marine - 2,50€
- shipping: 2,70€

For some reason nobody else bid on those two figures - on a Sunday evening! Maybe the reason was that they were only listed as "Star Wars figure" - no "Hasbro" tagged...
I was looking for this super-articulated and brilliant version of General Grievous, which usually goes for quite some money on ebay by now (about 25€ here in Germany if complete).
So I didn't want to spend that much on Grievous only to make a custom of it. I'm going to make an alternative version of our favourite General of Evil. That's all I can give away right now. The "Black Series" version of him will be shared here, soon:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10186.0

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 06:00:24 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2619 on: August 30, 2019, 05:14:25 AM »
Nice finds. I want to get that six inch version of Grievous. I never know how to spell his name!

Offline (SID)

• Commander
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #2620 on: August 31, 2019, 02:39:43 AM »
BTW... ABOUT GAMESTOP GUYS/GALS  TODAY (SATURDAY) IS the last day of the sale but here is what u need to know:

1. If your location has no $5 table look in regular clearance and the "full MSRP" pegs. Anything under the Padme BS wave is fair game for $5 but...

2. Yesterday morning at 4am eastern standard time Padme and random others (yes marvel legends  too) are NOT on sale anymore!!! I had used the site to locate a store that had ANY of the SW figures and ONLY ONE: a single figure: Padme was listed as in stock for pick-up $5... I hesitated and let it sit In my cart ( buy and store pickup) for an hour only to go back and it was $22 again??? WTF. Others have slipped from the sale back to ORG. MSRP so check the site for which are WHICH BUT...

3. DO NOT. I REPEAT DO NOT USE THE SITE AS LOCATOR FOR PRODUCT! I picked up on this about 6 years ago but now its worse than you can imagine. As I said Padme was the ONLY figure according to the site (after an hour of searching) available at ONE store and the only SINGLE SW fig  instock in 100 miles! Insanity! Not even TLJ stuff! Which I still found at many stores (one had the 5poa tie silencer and still $40 with a yellow tag!!!! 😵) Is listed so that means no store has any clue what they have. The 3x jet troopers etc. At one store yesterday was proof alone since every location laughed or rolled  their eyes at my mere mention of the figure. Its a true random hunt folks! Cuz even some of the figures as mentioned are not $5 anymore a day before the sale is over!?!???? Craziness I even found a Padme last night and mentioned my whole rant and even begged the employee to honor it since it's  total  scam level and of course they thought was making it all up. SOOO check check and ask them to scan any and everything cuz even L3-37 is now full MSRP again but the actual scan from the clerk (barcode & yellow sticker) rung up $5?!?? 😠😣😰😵  one store clerk called the sale a Nightmare and it IS since I was told I wasn't the only one with similar inquiring and all they have in stores is a print out with "all" the stock available @ location... Which I hope you all can understand now is a bunch of garbage. The sky could be falling on them and they wouldn't even know it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 02:58:27 AM by (SID) »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2621 on: August 31, 2019, 03:07:07 AM »
Your advice is pure gold (SID)! Thank you for sharing! Might save us all some solid milage! It might be an option to call your nearby GameStops in advance and ask what they got on shelves.
Happy hunting & a nice weekend to all of you!

- Philipp

Offline Jodo

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
    • Toys and Deep Thinking Blog
« Reply #2622 on: September 02, 2019, 12:21:31 PM »
Awesome hauls everyone!!! Darth More, the Rohm militia figure is one I had forgotten all about. I wasn’t collecting when those sets were released, so they seem to fly under my radar.

And yes, I have also received a Tunghori hair in my parcels from him (them?). I’m a germaphobe, so I have to wash the second hand figures I get. I was like...well, now I have scrub these. LOL.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2623 on: September 03, 2019, 02:30:38 AM »
Thanks Jodo! Yeah, good times back then! I'm still "shocked" or happily surprised that Hasbro dedicated so many figures to just one videogame. These TFU figures go for quite some money these days (each version of Galen Marek and most other for about 30€ here in Germany). BUT once in a while you found them cheap along with a few other figures. I got a Starkiller to customize (incomplete) for 6€, the Militia Elite Trooper for 5€ and just today an EVO Trooper of those multipacks for 6,50€ (complete). Patience always pays off...

And I'm pretty sure tunghori has some employees by now in order to process all those orders. I'm also positive that he has become a millionaire with his ebay sales of figures from mysterious sources...
I don't wash figures that I get from him (because I assume they come right from the factory in big plastic bags), but I do wash all used stuff I get from ebay.

Thanks for your comment!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2624 on: September 08, 2019, 02:50:23 AM »
This is the last batch of loose figures I found on ebay/craigslist. So the reason I share this is because those Clone Troopers are prime examples to add to my new topic on yellowing of white plastic:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=10634.0

I cannot wait to share Option 1 with you - pictures follow instantly...

Unfortunately I didn't recognized that the Gunship Turret is missing the front piece...now I have to find a complete one to cast the missing piece.
I saw that the Clone Pilot that came with this Battle Pack was missing his oxygen tubes, but I take this occasion to make a mold of the Pilot helmet.
The other figures are in good shape (also the joints). The Destroyer Droid was actually supposed to be the TAC version, not the TPM one...anyway. The Jumptrooper will be great for a custom.
I think the 212th Attack Battalion Clone Trooper is from the TLC Comic Pack. Too bad he's missing almost everything...
And I'm looking for ideas of what to make of this blue Clone Commander (which I absolutely love)!
I found this idea here online:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 02:54:37 AM by Darth More »