Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 397871 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2925 on: April 24, 2021, 06:43:33 AM »
Wow Philipp you scored big. Great playsets!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2926 on: April 26, 2021, 04:33:33 PM »
That was a nice haul again

Picked up the three retro figures at a Walmart and the vc cara dune was preordered from a GameStop

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2927 on: April 27, 2021, 12:00:06 AM »
This is awesome, Clint! So glad you still received the VC Cara Dune! Haven't taken a closer look at the Retro Grogu yet...they all look amazing! I'll share how I remove those stickers here soon!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2928 on: April 27, 2021, 02:53:09 AM »
Nice haul Clint. Haven't seen anything in the wild in forever. Not that I am going into stores quite yet.

The only thing that bugs me about the retro stuff is the fake distressed look to the cards. I wish they hadn't done that, but guess they wanted to set the retro line off a bit different from the vintage line. Great haul on that Cara. Hard to tell what that figure is gonna be worth down the road.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2929 on: April 29, 2021, 12:35:51 AM »
Won two auctions on ebay last week and what can I say? The Black Series figures become better with every new release. I really enjoy these figures, but 3.75" will always stay my favorite scale!

Got the first row of ESB characters for 79€ and the second row of Mando figures for 57€ including shipping. The Mando ones even came with their boxes and The Child is still sealed. Had a MRSP of 9.99€ here and now goes for 15-24€ in the bay...

I think Hasbro do (almost) everything right on The Black Series 6 inch line. They make characters in high demand available in short periods of time like the Hoth Rebel Soldier. That can be annoying if you're a completist, but if you just buy what you like, this makes life easier.
I'm sure the resentment of TVC collectors and their frustration against Hasbro wouldn't be as strong if Hasbro treated both scales equally.
At the moment people pay less on average for 6 inch figures than for 3.75" TVC. I think that's also because of availability and demand. Many TBS collectors got their figures already.

And man, do I love the P4 packaging for The Black Series! Such a smart and innovative move by the brand team...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 12:47:15 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2930 on: April 29, 2021, 02:28:12 AM »
Man those six inch figures look so awesome on vintage cards. I think I may just wait on all new six inch in the hopes they show up on vintage cardbacks.

Nice haul Philipp. I still have to open my two boxes.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2931 on: April 30, 2021, 09:10:09 AM »
Yes, I think chances are there that Hasbro will release a couple of waves for Return of the Jedi. And if I understood Patrick of the brand team correctly, the 50th Anniversary of Lucasfilm opens many more options as well. So I think if you already secured your 6 inch figures on Vintage cards for ANH and ESB you're all good. Get them while supplies last. I can see why Hasbro utilizes that nostalgic momentum for their new "bread & butter" line, but I also understand why this makes some 3 3/4" enthusiasts mad, really mad.
If they'd only treat both lines equally...but that's a different topic. 

I also gave Amazon another chance and as expected they didn't bother much about the packaging. At least they put the items in an extra box instead of just slapping the shipping label on the Snowspeeder. The Black Series Snowspeeder goes for about 90€ here on ebay now. And Amazon had it for 99€ instead of 109€. MRSP here in Germany is 149.99€. So since I missed a pretty nice auction on the Speeder just a week before, I decided to get it from Jeff.
It arrived in okay condition, Luke and Yoda are in pretty good condition, but the Hoth Rebel Soldier came crushed as we became used to from Amazon.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 12:36:07 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2932 on: April 30, 2021, 09:17:52 AM »
Friday Mail Call

Got found some new figures to add to the collection and also some fodder for customs and new molds.
All 6 were 60€ shipped:

I was hoping ARC Trooper Commander Colt came with his backpack. Unfortunately, it's missing. The antenna was important to me and the two pistols were a nice surprise because in the picture they appeared to be gone.

Here's what I paid for each:

- Commander Colt: 26€
- TCW & TAC Destroyer Droid - 5€ each
- SAGA'02 WA-7, General Madine & Aayla Secura - 8€ each

I'm really happy with those - especially with the ARC Trooper that went for 50€ in the same condition on ebay a couple weeks ago. I can also complete my R4-G9 with these holographic planet accessory now. And WA-7 is hard to find here and therefore goes for about 24€ carded.

Have a great weekend everyone!

« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 02:53:03 AM by Darth More »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2933 on: April 30, 2021, 12:33:21 PM »
 Nice are trooper!
I’m casting the VC  erosion as a separate piece now. It’s not quite the same but is similar or, I can try to squeeze a clone wars version out of a mostly wore out mold for him.
Post to overseas is high, though.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2934 on: May 01, 2021, 03:57:58 AM »
Thank you so much for your kind offer, Clint! Yeah, I remember it was about 10 bucks for the BARC Trooper helmet you sent me back in 2009 or so. That one was used by FialaFernbrugg to make a Clone Assassin.

I'll figure something out. I think I got a similar backpack from another figure somewhere. Also have to source my fodder bin. Already found the missile launcher with missile, base stand and gaming die. So Only the card and backpack left to complete this one. So happy to add this one to my collection. He goes between 50-80€ here in the bay.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2935 on: May 01, 2021, 05:40:09 AM »
Wow, lots of great new stuff Philipp. Love all that vintage stuff.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2936 on: May 01, 2021, 03:57:57 PM »
Thanks Tamer! I did the boiling water trick on the Destroyers and Madine's baton and they look as good as new. Both Destroyers will be customized because they took some scratches, but surprisingly the joints are as new as they can be. So glad I got WA-7 now - they all look great on display and I cannot wait to put them all in my new cabinets. I guess the SAGA figures are Vintage now - sort of - and I feel old.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 04:00:57 PM by Darth More »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2937 on: May 04, 2021, 03:58:44 AM »
LOL, More, you haven’t imagined old yet. Some of those saga collection figures are timeless

Showed this lot in another thread, coming from a GameStop
The Mando may be an opener as his card has some creases

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2938 on: May 05, 2021, 02:35:10 AM »
Nice stuff Clint. I am finally able to add something here too. Finaly got my phone image app udated and ready to roll. This came in yesterday minty fresh:

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2939 on: May 06, 2021, 07:35:05 AM »
Very nice! Grogu looks nice with Pram. Re-sellers already claim 30€ ($37) in the bay here in Germany...guess the hobby has become a "pre-order now or pay triple the price on eBay later".

They did a decent job on the carback this time.