Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 397868 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #2985 on: July 01, 2021, 06:29:14 AM »
Nice Shadow Stormies. I am anxious to get a few of those in hand. Bet they ship mine soon too. EE ships so nice.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2986 on: July 03, 2021, 04:28:26 AM »
Two boxes in this week. No Shadow Stormies yet! :'(

Shipped by EE and not a ding one!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2987 on: July 04, 2021, 04:54:38 AM »
Another box showed up from EE yesterday. It was huge but had only this figure in it!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #2988 on: July 06, 2021, 03:41:46 PM »
Wow, talk about cards and even blisters in absolutely MINT condition! The cards often don't even leave the factory in this condition! Very glad to see you received the latest TVC goodness in best shape ready to be showcased in your personal museum  8)

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2989 on: July 06, 2021, 04:00:58 PM »
88 figures for 200 bucks taste rather bitter...

Going through my picture gallery I discovered this crazy lot of figures which I found back in Winter of 2019. It was absolutely crazy when I found it on "ebay Kleinanzeigen" in a town next to mine. So I contacted the seller and he gave me a number of the actual seller.
As if this wasn't strange enough, the figures were still for sale at an even crazier price of 200€.
Including that Iron Man figure they are 88 figures, so for 2.27 bucks a piece I jumped in my car to pick them up the same night - not knowing which bad surprise was yet to come...

So when I arrived at the address they gave me, the flat was rather dark, black flooring and furniture and it felt like entering the Death Star. Inside, right at the door there was an original portrait of Adolf Hitler himself hanging on the wall. And if this wasn't bad enough there were two more copperplate engravings of him above and below the picture frame. So that man didn't make it a secret that he was a fan of Hitler. I immediately got a bad feeling about this and thought of leaving right away.
Fortunately he had the blue box filled with figures right in the hallway ready for pickup.
So we talked a little and I asked him where he got them. He told me that he does house clearances for a living and found the box (for free) in the basement of a client's house. I bet the figures belonged to the grandson of her.

I know that many people who offer such clearances are connected with collectors all over the planet looking for military memorabilia especially of the world wars. A uniform of a SS officer for example goes for about 10k according to a documentary I saw a while ago.
There are some dudes out there who try to find the remains of these dark days in old houses and I suppose these three items were also found while clearing out a house.
It's a strange world these days, where Nazis are still around. They're few here in Germany, but they're still here and that's most disturbing.
I was glad when I left that place minutes later. What would you do in such a situation?
Buy this lot or leave immediately?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 04:08:38 PM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2990 on: July 07, 2021, 06:10:49 AM »
More like dungeon that museum, but I have some plans.

All the Nazi stuff aside, there are some great figures here. I could see you easily doubling this if you sold them separately the way some of these are going for nowadays.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2991 on: July 07, 2021, 07:49:47 AM »
 I thought owning nazi stuff in Germany was verboten. I could see owning the uniform for their historical significance. Did you know they were designed by Hugo Boss? Crazy in this cancel culture world lol. But to have Hitler portraits hung everywhere is something else. Whatever, I'm in the mindset, you can live how you want as long as you don't harm or take the rights of others. I would take the figures and run lol. It is a good assortment. Anything mandalorian is crazy right now, and there are a few sought after clones in there.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2992 on: July 07, 2021, 09:35:18 AM »
Tamer: A dungeon? Sounds good to me! How about showcasing your massive collection like Jeff Jacob? Cannot wait to put my collection on display as well! But if I'll ever have so much space like him? I doubt it! lol
Found this video just recently that's why I thought of a museum. Everything you get is minty fresh - even your fan packages directly from Hasbro!

JEFFS MUSEUM STAR WARS COLLECTION "PART 1"

Yeah, the figures are in excellent condition and the lot included some Mandos like Pre Vizla and some rare Clones.

JDeck: I don't know exactly. I think collectors here are fine as long as the memorabilia don't have any forbidden insignia on them. For example it's allowed to own a Stahlhelm as long as there's no Hakenkreuz on it.
Didn't know about Hugo Boss designing these uniforms. I bet these cancel culture guys would be all over it to destroy BOSS if they knew. Such items are definitely forbidden to own, unless they are displayed in a historical museum. That's why such items are only sold on the black market.
From what I've heard the demand in China for such memorabilia is quite high. There are a few collectors looking for stuff like this. I was just glad when I could leave minutes later.

Yes, these figures are much more worth than what I paid. Still gives me an awkward feeling, that's why I didn't share this story 18 months ago. All these numbers - that's not on purpose. lol
Reminds me of Storage Wars or these abandoned place explorers...these guys making such clearances get paid for clearing everything out and on top can keep whatever they find.
So if I was the boy having my figgies at my grandmother's house, I would be beyond sad if they were suddenly gone. So I might go out there and look for the pre-owner on facebook or something.

Crazy times these days, but I still thought this was worth sharing now that we've reached page 200 on this topic. By the way do you have any idea which figure Hasbro chose for VC200?

The Star Wars Collectors Mansion - Part 1 (Forgotten Homes Ontario Ep.27) by Noah Nowhere

Abandoned "Star Wars" Collectibles Mansion Part 1 by Carlo Paolozza

Makes me quite and thoughtful seeing how transitory we actually are, so let's enjoy our collections and share the joy for our hobby with our loved ones.

Here are a couple pictures of the original auction. The lot even came with a couple Class I vehicles and it's crazy for how much these Clone Wars figures go for these days.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 10:10:33 AM by Darth More »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2993 on: July 08, 2021, 03:52:21 PM »
  I got my Jedi Fallen Order Scouts. I never played the game, so I'll just use them as scouts.  In hindsight I should have ordered a lot more. Maybe the scouts will be repacked in the walmart 96 series. They're just legacy scout repacks. Honestly though I'm still hoping for a new scout sculpt, of the same awesomeness as the R1 Stormtrooper. I can only dream.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2994 on: July 10, 2021, 02:23:20 AM »
Very nice additions, JDeck! I think the existing Scout Trooper mold looks fantastic and I think Hasbro nailed the version based on Fallen Order. So nice to see some dedication to videogames again. Makes my hopes for a Satele Shan about .1% higher now because as you say Hasbro hesitates to invest in new tooling especially for TVC.

Still, an updated/all-new version of the Biker Scout would be fantastic. Here's my vision: Hasbro will give a new one to us for the 40th Anniversary of ROTJ along with the repacked with the figure it originally came with or with the new one. Hope for a double jointed neck again.

Btw I haven't played Fallen Order either. Gave it to my brother for his bday but his PS4 hasn't got enough storage left to play it.
I think it's interesting that TungHori seems to struggle getting new figures in lately. I wonder if he'll ever list the VC Gaming Greats figures...

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2995 on: July 10, 2021, 05:01:30 AM »
I think we need an updated scout, with ball jointed shoulders, wrist articulation and rocker ankles. The one they've been using goes all the way back to TAC, 14 years ago.  I made a custom using the DS gunner, scrap parts and a white balloon. Just use the ds gunner as a base, sculpt armor on it, maybe shorten the legs and neck. Use the same head as the 5poa Rebels scout, and you have a definative scout. We need a new Vader too, honestly, same basic sculpt for 14 years.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2996 on: July 10, 2021, 07:03:31 AM »
Nice Bikers. I am still waiting on my Shadow Stormies. I ordered em way late though.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #2997 on: July 12, 2021, 03:25:18 AM »
There's an online store selling used books and other media and thanks to the "back in stock" notification email, I was able to finally acquire this care book:

The Old Republic Encyclopedia

They listed it for 37.28€ and only got one at the time. The original retail was $40 in the U.S.
The last time it was up for auction on ebay, it went for about the same price.
Other than that I can only find buy-it-now offers starting at $160.

On the downside of this, their packers smashed the book into the box so that the cover was scratched by the lash on the bottom of the box. They only gave me an 8€ voucher code for the damage. Didn't want to return the book after I've been looking for it for years.

Speaking of sharp edges you should definitely check out the latest cardboard vehicle project by WhillsScholar! Spoiler Alert: It's a Y-Wing. And it looks fantastic!

Please, let me know if you want me to review this book.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2998 on: July 12, 2021, 06:08:09 AM »
I hate it when books get damaged due to just poor packaging. Uggh!

And yes that Y-Wing Project is off the charts awesome.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2999 on: July 19, 2021, 04:01:19 AM »
Got in my Jaxxon from Pulse yesterday. They shipped it well. Pristine.