Author Topic: New Star Wars Purchases  (Read 397870 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: New Star Wars Purchases
« Reply #3480 on: June 10, 2024, 10:25:43 AM »
Wow, Philippp that seems like one massive haul.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #3481 on: June 13, 2024, 01:50:25 AM »
I think I just executed Order 66...

Used toys always tell a story and this collection here is one I would've loved to have as a kid.

When I found this offering, I had to act quickly! When I found it, it had been online for 2 minutes!
The seller received several messages at once, but somehow decided to sell this lot to me.
He removed the offering 4 minutes later, so it was online for just 6 minutes!
I paid with PayPal and spent the extra 3€ for the buyers' insurance. With offering like these, when things are just too good to be true, I just didn't want to take the risk a second time.

Initially the seller wanted 115€ (~$115 USD) for the whole lot, which was an insane price. My theory is that she recognized it herself with all the instant requests o she tried to adjust the price with 20-30€ shipping costs.
I knew this lot weights over 10 pounds, so it takes 10,49€ for shipping and so it was.
The collection was so well packed that I'm more than happy to have paid almost double the shipping costs. For 135€ including shipping this was still a steal of a deal!
I can't remember any better deal since I started collecting and cannot quite believe how lucky I got once again. You may go ahead and shoot me.

Everything was well packed. 12 pounds of Star Wars toys from the "Golden Era"...

I had to wash those first.

The water was quite yellowish-brown and this picture was taken before the second bath.
However the collection fortunately came from a smoke-free home!

66 figures and 8 vehicles! Only 2 of the vehicles are incomplete.

Here are some of my highlights in this lot.

It also includes some customs:

I guess Palpy got grilled by his own force-lighting and had to be put in bandages...

74 items plus accessories are in this lot. I cannot believe I only paid 1,82€ per item (including the ships)!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 01:51:58 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3482 on: June 13, 2024, 07:18:17 AM »
Wow Philipp you made out on that deal! Nice stuff. Some of those customs aren't too shabby either. Nice.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #3483 on: June 13, 2024, 10:36:50 AM »
Thank you, Tamer! I didn't have much time to think about it and wasn't aware of how perfect this set was to add to my collection! The figures were a little dirty, but the joints feel like they had never been used.
I wasn't expecting that even the pistols of all the Clones are still there! None of them is missing!
When I sorted them today, I recognized how many Battle Packs are included here.
I didn't have the Ambush of Abregado so I was extremely happy to find it in this lot.
I could even complete rare figures like Mace Windu with figures of older lots (see page 200).
This is a prime example of how 2 incomplete figures make one complete.

So here it is: A child' solution to make Mace fit into his Jedi Starfighter. Just cut off the skirt because Hasbro didn't think about it when they designed it.
Am I glad that this is a perfect match to complete a full set of this Battle Pack!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 06:35:01 AM by Darth More »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #3484 on: June 13, 2024, 03:20:26 PM »
What a haul! Good for you for negotiating that collection of figures and vehicles.