Author Topic: Building a Better Boba: Greetings from Darklord  (Read 23602 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Building a Better Boba: Greetings from Darklord
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2011, 06:28:53 AM »
Fantastic! Look for this to show up on the front page this week.

I don't know that I have ever seen this much attention to even the smallest detail. I can't wait to see you add the scalps.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2011, 06:39:50 AM »
GREAT HOLY MOTHER !!! this is awesome can't wait for the guide for the wookiee scalp!!

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2011, 06:40:26 AM »
amazing.  Most of us would have stopped a long time ago.  Your attention to every fine detail astounds me.

I have one comment though, in the final image so far the double sleeves look a little long.  This might just be the angle of the photo but they look slightly off to me.  

Of course I don't know how I can even criticize such a tiny detail when you've thought of about 10 more tiny details I'd never even fooled with!

Can't wait to see your work for the wookie scalps, doing a set of soft goods scalps has always been on my to-do list!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2011, 07:32:17 AM »
Awesome work Roberto! You have left no detail untouched. This is an amazing work of art complete to the finest details. I can't believe the flack you are getting from one person at RS over this figure. It is AMAZING and will be the most accurate Boba at this scale ever!

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2011, 08:00:47 AM »
WooW what an amazing work man!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2011, 08:26:22 AM »
now this is customising at level A+
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2011, 08:36:30 AM »
WOW!! top notch the detail is amazing you have great patience show that to hasbro !!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »
This was too good to keep off the front page. Roberto, thank you for showing the process. It is just awesome to see pics with said details and knowing how much time and effort you have put into this gives me a greater understanding into just how awesome this figure really is.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2011, 09:34:38 AM »
Roberto this is simply amazing. I was wondering what you were going to do about the power cord. I didn't expect you to do the double sleeve, that was awesome. I can't wait to see the braids. This Boba is turning out even better and more detailed than I thought. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2011, 09:55:05 AM »
Beautiful update, roberto. I liked the thread trick for denoting the end of the sleeve.

Offline darknsour

• Captain
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2011, 11:09:29 AM »
GREAT!!

The detail is 2nd to none!!

WOW!!! Great job!!! I don't have the words!!!

thanks for the pictures!!!

Great to see it every step of the way!!!

Rich

Offline von reinhardt

• Evilive
  • Commander
    • bountyhunterreinhard
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2011, 11:20:25 AM »
How you have that kind of patience is beyond me.....Simply amazing custom figure. That last photo of Fett is now my desktop background  ;D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 11:23:32 AM by von reinhardt »

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2011, 12:37:13 PM »
 :o It just keeps getting better!

Offline BugSkirt

• Lieutenant
    • BugSkirt's Workshop
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2011, 03:31:52 PM »
Darklord,

Big fan here.  I've been watching your progress on Boba and I have to say it is amazing/crazy.  Looking forward to your next update.
We had 5 POA in '78...

Offline Darklord1967

• Roberto DARKLORD Williams
  • Ensign
  • Peace, Love, Elegance, and Excellence to all!
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2011, 04:20:53 PM »
amazing.  Most of us would have stopped a long time ago.  Your attention to every fine detail astounds me.

I have one comment though, in the final image so far the double sleeves look a little long.  This might just be the angle of the photo but they look slightly off to me. 

Of course I don't know how I can even criticize such a tiny detail when you've thought of about 10 more tiny details I'd never even fooled with!

No... of course critiques are always welcome!  They help me to make sure that this custom Boba Fett is the very best that it can be!

As for the length of the sleeves, according to my research, they are actually the proper length (Re: about  3/4 of the way down the bicep, just before the elbow bend)

I suspect the angle of my photo might be throwing you off.  Or perhaps it is the undue amount of attention that the sleeves got during this update, and so therefore your eyes now go right to them, where as before they may have been an innocuous detail barely noticed.

Awesome work Roberto! You have left no detail untouched. This is an amazing work of art complete to the finest details. I can't believe the flack you are getting from one person at RS over this figure. It is AMAZING and will be the most accurate Boba at this scale ever!

Thanks a million, buddy!  I'm sure trying!  ;D   Yes that individual who is giving me so much flak over this figure definitely has some kind of issue with me from the moment he saw my custom figure on another site.   For those that may not know:  The individual in question took to judging this figure based on the several un-finished / missing/ temporary details that it sported during the last update.  He made it his mission to repeatedly state an actual LIST of what those "incorrect" details were, despite the fact that I informed him that I was already aware of what they were, and that I had already done a LOT of research on Boba fetts outfit from TESB.  I explained  that I had definite plans to address these "incorrect" details in future updates... and that they were never intended to be final.  He responded that I had no business calling this figure "a Better" Boba Fett".  When I called him out on his rather brusque manner, he made it a point to troll the postings of this Custom figure work in progress on at least 2 other message boards that I know of.

I honestly do not take him personally.

I do not really know what his issue with me is. I can only speculate, which would be pointless.  He has evidently made several custom Boba Fett figures of his own for sale .  He most recently did a most impressive job of updating  action figure Boba's blaster rifle into a screen accurate one.  Last week, (despite his venom toward me), I posted in his thread what impressive work I thought he did on the rifle.  No response other than this morning (in my latest update thread) when he implied that I somehow lied about my planned accuracy updates on this figure, and that I only performed them because of his recommendations.  ::)

It's really not worth the energy to respond to that kind of thing anymore.

This was too good to keep off the front page. Roberto, thank you for showing the process. It is just awesome to see pics with said details and knowing how much time and effort you have put into this gives me a greater understanding into just how awesome this figure really is.

Thank you so, so very much Tamer!   I'm honored good buddy!  You are most kind. :)

Roberto this is simply amazing. I was wondering what you were going to do about the power cord. I didn't expect you to do the double sleeve, that was awesome. I can't wait to see the braids. This Boba is turning out even better and more detailed than I thought. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

Thanks buddy!  We've corresponded via PM a few times so you know me by now.  You must know that I am an insane individual and that  I will (wherever possible) add the most inconsequential detail to this figure... yes even the double sleeves.  Believe me i would have preferred not to!  Those darn sleeves took up my ENTIRE DAY yesterday! But ol' Boba wouln't have looked right without 'em. ;)

How you have that kind of patience is beyond me.....Simply amazing custom figure. That last photo of Fett is now my desktop background  ;D

Thanks buddy!  I do the same thing.   By putting a photo of whatever figure (s) I'm working on on my desktop, I keeps me thinking of ways to make them better and better until I finish them.   ;D

Thanks again everyone!  See you soon at the next update!!  Keep on customizin'!!!