Author Topic: Building a Better Boba: Greetings from Darklord  (Read 23607 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Building a Better Boba: Greetings from Darklord
« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2011, 04:52:17 PM »
It is sad to hear that you are experiencing negative issues with this figure at other places. I can only assume there are some "green" issues there as I can nothing but a better more accurate figure with each update. I believe the premise was building a better Boba Fett and I don't see how anyone could argue that this is not the case with this figure.

Still, as long as this figure is fun for you who cares what the rest of the world thinks. One of the reasons we created this place was to ensure folks could just have fun with SW and this place rapidly became a custom Meeca so to speak. I am glad this is only giving you motivation to just keep going for bigger and better. The quality is just amazing and the fact that you are documenting this and showing the rest of us exactly what you are doing is a "true gift" to the customizing community whether they like SW or any theme that caters to that size of figure.

Offline lucasclones

• Global Moderator
  • Major
    • My Flickr site!
« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2011, 08:09:20 PM »
It is sad to hear that you are experiencing negative issues with this figure at other places. I can only assume there are some "green" issues there as I can nothing but a better more accurate figure with each update. I believe the premise was building a better Boba Fett and I don't see how anyone could argue that this is not the case with this figure.

Still, as long as this figure is fun for you who cares what the rest of the world thinks. One of the reasons we created this place was to ensure folks could just have fun with SW and this place rapidly became a custom Meeca so to speak. I am glad this is only giving you motivation to just keep going for bigger and better. The quality is just amazing and the fact that you are documenting this and showing the rest of us exactly what you are doing is a "true gift" to the customizing community whether they like SW or any theme that caters to that size of figure.

I agree with Tamer whole-heartedly, if you are happy and satisfied with your figure than you should enjoy it!

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2011, 09:28:08 PM »
sounds like jealously as long as your happy thats all that matters thats one fine boba

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2011, 03:19:01 AM »
its an awesome translation mate and you should feel justifiably proud!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2011, 04:04:18 AM »
DarkLord, somehow it doesn't surprise me that there has been some negativity around your figure on other sites, and although it is a great shame, it has to boil down to the fact that this figure is so damn good it makes other customisers feel bad about themselves.

I feel sorry for anyone who finds it hard to appreciate other artists creations in the correct way, as instead of feeling inspired they feel jealous...and we all know what jealousy leads to don't we...that's it THE DARK SIDE....Booo hissss

Anyhow, you are with friends here, and I just have to say how damn fine I think your figure is. I love your step by step shots as they show yout  fanatical devotion to detail and authenticity. This has to be one of the premier customs figures of all time.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 05:23:36 AM by hangarbay94 »

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2011, 04:21:38 AM »
DarkLord, somehow it doesn't surprise me that there has been some negativity around your figure on other sites, and although it is a great shame, it has to boil down to the fact that this figure is so damn good it makes other customisers feel bad about themselves.

I feel sorry for anyone who finds it hard to appreciate other artists creations in the correct way, instead of feeling inspired they feel jealous...and we all know what jealousy leads to don't we...that's it THE DARK SIDE....Booo hissss

Anyhow, you are with friends here, and I just have to say how damn fine your figure is. I love your step by step shots as well, as they show yout  fanatical devotion to detail and authenticity. This has to be one of the premier customs of all time.

i can totally echo this sentiment

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2011, 06:12:37 AM »
No... of course critiques are always welcome!  They help me to make sure that this custom Boba Fett is the very best that it can be!
As for the length of the sleeves, according to my research, they are actually the proper length (Re: about  3/4 of the way down the bicep, just before the elbow bend)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/Hallway_02a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/Hallway_01.jpg
I suspect the angle of my photo might be throwing you off.  Or perhaps it is the undue amount of attention that the sleeves got during this update, and so therefore your eyes now go right to them, where as before they may have been an innocuous detail barely noticed.

I actually went back and looked at some images I had saved myself and compared them to your wip shot and your right on the money.  The images you linked to in your replay also reflect that.  I think I've been looking at hasbro's version for too long and thought they were higher up on the arm because I'm used to where the double sleeve comes to on the production figure!   I have a feeling this is definately the case because I hadn't even realized that the power cord/tubing was clear in the costume!  I was thinking that it was black like the production figure's....   :(

and as far as this other guy trolling your threads, it comes with the territory of publically displaying your work.  Unfourtunately almost in EVERY forum I've ever been a part of there is someone who takes it upon themselves to point out everyone else's flaws... even the non-existant ones. 

You clearly state in your thread that this is an ongoing project and that each update is just that, an update.  If someone can't take the time to fully read your thread and understand that, then you shouldn't take up your time to correct them (or fuel their trolling behavior). 

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2011, 08:05:11 AM »
Without any doubt, this is the ultimate Boba Fett figure.
Let the trolls prove themselves by showing their own custom Boba...
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline artilarytrooper321

• Commander
  • take that techno-union ship down men
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2011, 08:17:44 AM »
really awesome job on the Boba  bbfet bbfet

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2011, 10:33:20 AM »
what an ass! how can anyone not like this . by the way i hope im not callled stupid but what is RS ?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2011, 01:33:31 PM »
RebelScum

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2011, 01:53:27 PM »
oh thanks

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #147 on: January 10, 2011, 03:45:37 PM »
Roberto - you are amazing.  I plan to sit down and go back thru this thread once I wrap up my latest contest entry and study your techniques and LEARN!  Then I'll put it all to work and - hopefully - IMPROVE!  To me, that's what this is all about - show off what you are proud of and learn from the folks who can do the stuff you only dream about.  Thanks for being a gentleman and sharing with us all.

Offline Darklord1967

• Roberto DARKLORD Williams
  • Ensign
  • Peace, Love, Elegance, and Excellence to all!
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2011, 03:09:58 AM »
Thank you Doc hounds and everyone for your very kind words of support.  You are all very fine gentlemen, and I feel very priviledged to be a part of your community!

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #149 on: January 11, 2011, 09:39:27 AM »
WOW Just read the stuff posted on RS and was amazed at the critism by the other forum member. Sounds like he needs to get laid for one the other thing is the way he states his comments big hint ( ITS A CUSTOM!!!!!!) so Darklord keep doing what you do and like everyone here has already stated its a hell of a custom dont let insignificant comments deter you from doing your thing  by the looks of it 99.9% of people that look at your fig know its a bad ass custom brother keep on doing your thing FTW!!! LOL!!