Author Topic: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com [YEAR ONE w/END OF YEAR VIDEO]  (Read 69013 times)

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
Re: www.customsforthekid.blogspot.com
« Reply #210 on: February 25, 2011, 07:26:18 PM »
wow great custom good job ;D ;D

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2011, 01:08:36 PM »

Just did a Customizer Spotlight at the blog for Parasite Collectibles, a customizer I haven't seen in any of the forums yet.

Check out his Mandalorian Renegade Traveler created by Parasite Collectibles

Head to the blogs to see more pics and get info. on how to obtain some custom action figures from Parasite Collectibles

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/02/customizer-spotlight-13-parasite.html

Coming Soon...Clonehead joins the ranks of customizers found on "Customs I Wish I Owned".  Tune in later this week.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:21:24 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2011, 01:51:42 PM »
Parasite Collectibles: Interesting look -- I used the Quinlan Vos arms for a Mando custom myself and I think they look great on the mando body.  Using the "well done" Anakin Skywalker head from ROTS works really well here.  Have to take a look at your stuff; this first piece looks good!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2011, 07:03:04 PM »
Awesome Kel Dor Jedi.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #214 on: February 26, 2011, 07:29:29 PM »
Cool custom man!

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #215 on: February 27, 2011, 08:31:30 AM »
Thanks everybody!!

I didn't think I'd have a chance to submit a custom action figure to the contest, but yesterday inspiration struck. For my submission, I'm entering two fan fiction custom action figures of Darth Vader Clones. These two action figures are works in progress, but I like them enough to put them into the contest since at the moment they remain unpainted.

BACKSTORY

Palpatine being the opportunist that he is, saw an opportunity to clone Anakin Skywalker when he was injured on Mustafar. Hoping that the power of the Chosen One was hidden somewhere in his DNA, Palpatine saw his chance to clone Skywalker as one not to be missed. Knowing that Skywalker's injury would prevent Vader from ever reaching his full potential as a Sith, Palpatine hoped that one day one of these clones would replace Lord Vader at his side as his new Sith apprentice once their training was complete. Due to several complications in the cloning process, only one clone was known to successfully complete the cloning process and be trained by Palpatine. The clone that was trained later destroyed the facility where Vader was being replicated knowing it would be his best chance for domination and survival, but not before he took a clone for himself to train as an apprentice. Ironically, the destruction of the cloning facility did not go as planned and both clones took heavy injuries in their escape. Both of their lungs were completely damaged and they, like Vader were forced to breath with the assistance of filtered air. Unlike Vader, they still had their limbs and thus had the ability to use Force lightening. When PAlpatine and Darth Vader were killed over the moon of Endor, these clones survived in exile waiting to unleash the power of the Darkside once more.

VADER'S CLONES

The older clone is made from a Legacy Vader and a G.I. Joe Rex "The Doctor" Lewis.

The apprentice will later be painted in shades of black for a uniform color and more detail will be added with Apoxie Sculpt. Dad held back adding the Apoxie Sculpt so he could stay within the no painting rules of the contest.

The apprentice is made from a Prince of Persia action figure, a Vintage Vader, two Chewbacca's, an Indian Jones action figure and accessory, a Magnaguard droid, and a belt from a Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow action figure.

Head to the blog for enhanced images with the ability to zoom...

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/02/dads-kit-bash-figure-contest-submission.html
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:25:05 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #216 on: February 27, 2011, 08:36:34 AM »
That is one of the coooolllest ideas I've ever seen!   O0    Considering all the Vader stuff many of us own, it is simply not something that occurred to me.  Great idea and backstory for the cloned Vaders---I like how you went with a more robotic version and then the one that is more 'feral'.  Nice touch on using both the Sebastian Shaw and Hayden Christensen heads! 

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2011, 10:23:18 AM »
AMAZING! I commented more in the contest thread.

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• Major
« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2011, 10:31:54 AM »
wow wow wow those are awesome great mix of parts and a great story  :o :o :o :o

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #219 on: February 27, 2011, 12:38:41 PM »
That was a great backstory and some cool figures.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2011, 04:26:19 PM »
I too commented on the NPKB Contest thread, but wow, using the Chewie torsoes for shoulder armor is daggone awesome. I would have never thought of doing that.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2011, 09:07:15 PM »
Thanks guys!!  The younger clone is a project I'm really excited about finishing.  I really like the build too so far.  I just hope I can make it look better by the time it's done.

When I saw this image of the unhooded Jawa, I knew I wanted to add one to Elias' collection.

THE UNHOODED JAWA
created by DARTH DADDY

To  make my unhooded Jawa custom action figure, I used the POTF Jawa so I could still keep the yellow glow of the eyes in the action figure and sculpted the face around the eyes by hand with Apoxie Sculpt from Aves.

See the blog post here:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/02/unhooded-jawa.html
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:27:39 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• Major
« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »
that is cool man im digging it great job

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2011, 09:55:52 PM »
that jawa kicks butt, daddy!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #224 on: February 28, 2011, 01:42:16 PM »
Wow, you sculpted the entire face around just the figure's eyes?