Poll

Which of the following books/stories should remain a part of the Star Wars Canon?

Shadows of the Empire
5 (35.7%)
Crimson Empire 1, 2 & 3
0 (0%)
Kyle Katarn Trilogy
0 (0%)
Thrawn Trilogy
3 (21.4%)
All of them
6 (42.9%)
None of them
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Check it out!  (Read 80901 times)

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: Mungo's Customs - Update 5/13/2012 - Darth Tenebrous
« Reply #780 on: May 17, 2012, 02:49:54 PM »
Beautiful work on Tenebrous.  Brings the book to life.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
« Reply #781 on: May 19, 2012, 10:48:51 AM »
Hey everyone, what is the best stuff to use for sculptin Twi'lek's lekku?

Any hints? Good brands?

I need some advice. Never sculpted much and want it to smooth well, but also not be rock hard and break. Needs to be solid, but flexible. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #782 on: May 19, 2012, 11:53:44 AM »
Hey everyone, what is the best stuff to use for sculptin Twi'lek's lekku?

Any hints? Good brands?

I need some advice. Never sculpted much and want it to smooth well, but also not be rock hard and break. Needs to be solid, but flexible. Anyone have any good suggestions?
Blue/Yellow Epoxy (Greenstuff) will achieve the consistency you are looking for.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Know where I can buy it? Is it available at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc...?

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
I don't think Greenstuff (found at stores that sell Games Workshop products) will be flexible enough for you. You can try by mixing more parts yellow than blue (or v.v.) but I haven't tried that yet.

Perhaps you could also give Super Bendy Sculpey a try.

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
Know where I can buy it? Is it available at Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc...?
Any hobby store will carry the stuff usually (hobby stores that sell models, not the hobby stores that are for women...but they might). As for a brand...any brand of the stuff will do.
More yellow will make the epoxy more sticky to work with and more apt to leave imperfections in your sculpt (fingerprints, etc)...more blue will make it a more stiff and is easier to smooth, but is more difficult to fill gaps as it isn't as malleable. Once dry it is still slightly flexible where as Milliput drys like concrete.

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Mandalorians wear the finest armor blood can buy"
Check Remco's (Incom) tutorial on how to sculpt dreadlocks - I also have a few pics of dreads posted there... I'm not familiar w/ Super Bendy Sculpey - but, if U just experiment w/ different media, methods & mixtures, I'm sure U can produce satisfactory results for lekku :)

Here is the tutorial link - http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7802.0
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...

Offline YakFace

• Commander
Okay so I have tried Super Sculpey "bendy" and found that it works to a certain degree but will rip and tear if you move or bend it too much. I even placed small wire into it and tried to make it more poseable but same thing happens. I would go with the Kneadatite (GreenStuff) I have had really good results with it being slightly flexable when dry, I have placed wire inside to allow for a poseable structure which does work if its thin enough. A mix of more yellow to blue will provide a less rigid sculpt, I would create your "base" sculpt with that mix and wait for it to cure then sand it down. You can always touch up any errors with more putty. I would still watch out for rips and tears if you make the leku too thin and plan on moving it alot. If you want any tips with this stuff just PM me, I have used alot of other sculpting products too.

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
I use Aves FIXIT to sculpt my lekku - Not bendy at all but FIXIT can capture small details and replicates the folds of skin very well. When you wait for the material to cure a couple hours before bending the sculpted lekku into the position you desire, the bends will look like creased skin or "ripples" more like it. Again, the sculpt is static though. 

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
Use an armiture coming from head and green stuff. It will work fine...mix more yellow than blue...DO NOT USE SCULPIE.

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Mungo's Customs - Update 6/19/12 - Jedi Master Nu Kwonn
« Reply #790 on: June 19, 2012, 01:44:47 PM »
Master Nu Kwonn

The Bio: Very little is known about Master Kwonn's origins. In fact his history is almost as much a mystery as that of Master Yoda.  Through medical studies it is believed that Nu Kwonn was born around 217 years before the beginning of the Clone Wars.  Nu Kwonn was abandoned as an infant into the custody of a Jedi Knight conducting border dispute talks in the outer rim. It was obvious the child was force sensitive. So the young Knight had compassion on the infant and returned to Coruscant. When he brought the reptilian infant for species identification an amazing discovery was found. Genetic testing revealed the infant's DNA was a mixture of of human, Quarren, Kel Dor, Kaleesh, Nautolan, Praethos, and Falleen.  The suspicion of the council was that a genetic science group was experimenting and were surprised when the genetic life form was force sensitive. Unsure of what to do with the child they left it with the only person they thought might be able to raise the child, a Jedi.  Nu Kwonn is a brave, intelligent, dedicated Jedi and a fierce warrior. Separatists beware!

The Lightsaber: Custom

The Concept: The design was inspired by two figures, neither of which I actually own. The first was the Star Wars Clone Non-Animated Kit Fisto Action Figure and the second is the Star Wars Legacy Collection QUARREN SOLDIER.

The Name: I was really wanting this character to have a mysterious nature and background and struggled in figuring out a name until it hit me. For those who have not picked up on it yet, the name NU KWONN is the result of mixing up the letters of the word "UNKNOWN."

Enjoy!

As always comments and thoughts are welcome.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:36:39 PM by Mungo Baobab »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Mungo's Customs - Update 6/19/12 - Jedi Master Nu Kwonn
« Reply #791 on: June 19, 2012, 01:48:40 PM »
Cool deal. I saw that Lizard Spiderman Figure and thought it might make a good charging into a fight facial sculpt for a custom. I can see you thought the same thing.

Look for it on the fp soon.

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Mandalorians wear the finest armor blood can buy"
« Reply #792 on: June 19, 2012, 02:08:19 PM »
VERY nicely done!!! I like this a lot! :) Good bio too!
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #793 on: June 19, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »
This is so AWESOME!!!! Great job! I like the name, its similar to a sith that I made named nwon knu, very cool!

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
« Reply #794 on: June 19, 2012, 03:32:09 PM »
Really cool job on this one!! :)