Author Topic: Screaming Samurai Studio Custom Stash.  (Read 28074 times)

Offline ScreamingSamuraiStudio

• Lieutenant
Re: Screaming Samurai Studio Custom Stash.
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2011, 03:49:50 PM »
SS, everything I've seen on the last couple of pages looks absolutely superb! I love the Naughty Princess nose art, it's perfect for the side of the B-Wing cockpit pod. Dirty Bird is just a classic custom piece!

This post certainly is a highlight of the forum right now!

Oh, that nose art was from Finn..
   I haven't shown you what I've got..yet.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2011, 04:04:39 PM »
now THAT is a thing of beauty!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2011, 12:20:57 AM »
Mate another great update I love the addition to the cockpit wonderful work.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2011, 05:16:01 AM »
Very nice update. Love the added cockpit details. I also really like the Custom Pilots.

Back on the front page.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2011, 06:26:21 AM »
Holy......wel I can't type that here...but this is an amazing update. So now you are cutting styrene tube to go around the jewels? Damn that is slick! Love everything and thanks for the inspiration!

• Lieutenant
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »
Holy......well I can't type that here...but this is an amazing update. So now you are cutting styrene tube to go around the jewels? Damn that is slick! Love everything and thanks for the inspiration!

HOLY RUSTED OLD BUCKETS, Luke!

But no styrene tubing on the buttons, If you're speaking of the red buttons with the gold rim, those are how the labels are. I PROMISE to do a video tonight..I've been slacking quite a bit with the videos lately. You know, I took a part time job to concentrate on artwork...none of which is actually done yet. I've just been racing to get the B-Wing ready for a show later this summer and a model contest that I will be running in August at HobbyTown USA.
  And since it's a model show, I think I have to get some actual model building done...But anyway..I know I've bombed the hell out of this thread over the weekend and I really do appreciate the multiple Front Page nods this week, Tamer.
  But the last time this weekend, I promise. I promised the girlfriend that I would clean off her precious kitchen table this weekend so we could actually enjoy having a table..and not have to enjoy our meal with a B-Wing, an A-Wing and about thirty assorted action figures crowded around. So, I cleaned off the table and immediately stretched out the B-Wing for some more pics..this time around with the last round of markings that I threw down..and yes..they're pink.
  They were actually supposed to be a dark blue, but I finally ran out of ink in my printer. It's not like it wasn't warning me, I just thought it was going to be like the rapture. Anyway, rather than let the sheet go to waste, I just used them anyway.
   Anyway, apologies for the redundancy this weekend, but I just have a couple of more to throw down and this will be considered completed.

Here we go..table is cleaned off, and my big plastic playmat has been removed..she's off doing the laundry so...BAM..
  Back on the table.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 03:48:48 PM by ScreamingSamuraiStudio »

Offline jediwolf69

• The Lost 513th
  • Captain
  • the force well be with you always!
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2011, 04:17:49 PM »
Awesome B-wimg man! just awesome. Wish my custom ships came out looking that good, Can't wait to see that A-wing.

JW

try not, do or do not, there is no try.

• Lieutenant
« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »
Hey, thanks JediWolf

I have to do this before the night is over...Just one beauty shot of this one doing the obligatory explosive fly by.

Rather than post again, I thought I would just get these in as an edit.
   I hope you all have enjoyed your Memorial Day Holiday. Thanks to all who have served in our armed forces and most importantly we should never forget those who died for our country.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:32:09 PM by ScreamingSamuraiStudio »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2011, 07:30:59 PM »
God grief! Glory shots indeed! All of those are just phenominal! Exclamation points all day!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2011, 05:31:57 AM »
I love seeing the photoshopped action shots. Back on the front page!

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2011, 09:20:28 AM »
super cool action shots - WOW

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2011, 03:38:14 AM »
What an incredible completion to this project! I love those photoshopped images.

• Lieutenant
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2011, 09:21:38 PM »
Well, tons of thanks to you, Tamer.
   I really do appreciate all of the front page attention for this project. I have to say that I've bounced around a few modeling forums already and have been laughed off most for not following the norm on the paint finishes I decided to use. I think this has quickly become the only forum I visit on a daily basis..not only daily, but hourly sometimes. I love the whole idea of finally finding a spot where everyone else was working on repainting the Star Wars vehicles and figures.
   To make another point, other forums really got the better of me and I was starting to hang up the hobby again. I started to get an idea or two about repainting some of my son's old Star Wars toys...then I ran into Hangarbay94's work over at the Resin Illuminati...and then I was hooked.
   Finally, I believe it was when Wraith9 posted his video of the Imperial Shipyards..anyway..longer story made short..I found a new place to show off.

Anyway, in keeping with the tradition of showing off..here's a couple of pics for some up-coming projects.
   First off, I think some of you have seen my other thread in the Custom Figures forum. I've retouched an old Sandtrooper figure. Well that sparked an idea for a Tatooine Diorama. So, to expand on this I pulled out an old Dewback for a repaint job. I'm still waiting for my primer to cure, but here I am at the base coat stage of the Dewback. I prefer this sculpt to the new version and it is virtually the same pose from the sideshow replicas new 12" version. I'll be using that as my paint ref. For this one, I will also be switching to Vallejo paints. I've heard nothing but good things about these and after experimenting with the face painting set..I tend to believe everyone now.
   Inspired by Hemble's work, an element for my Tatooine dio, "These MIGHT be the droids we're looking for."

And the landspeeder which I plan to mod ever so slightly with my weak scratch building skills

A few more pics of the finished speeder bike.

And a couple of shots of the next speeder I have in line on the bench.

Again, thanks to all for the great comments and thanks for giving me new things to do to waste my time with.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2011, 08:25:23 AM »
I have to say that I've bounced around a few modeling forums already and have been laughed off most for not following the norm on the paint finishes I decided to use.

To make another point, other forums really got the better of me and I was starting to hang up the hobby again.

It is these types of comments as well as dealing with some of this mysef first hand other places that caused Wayne, Pat, and I to create this place. Now we are not against critique at all, but as we all know some folks seem to spend their lives trying to bring others' work down it seems and although I will never understand those types of folks, I do understand they exist. We will never allow flamers here. We just want to show the great work folks are doing and learn a few customizing things ourselves along the way. The whole idea with a hobby is to have fun, at the very least not ruin it for other folks who are having fun!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #119 on: June 05, 2011, 01:12:38 AM »
that is the best B-Wing I've seen so far
your weathering is always the best
excellent work